• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cycling through Twitch streams and saw a team getting beaten by a 3 man team. One was Reinhardt, and one was Solider and the last one was ... Mei!

And the Mei was the one that actually managed to annoy them the most and halted the payload a lot.
Mei might be the best hero at stalling in this game. Her ice block and wall are fantastic for that, especially on 2CP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But it has to be that big. Even with that size, it's still hard to pin people.

Please don't nerf Reinhardt

If you were gonna nerf someone, Rein would be towards the bottom of the list.

Oh I know, I'm not saying to nerf it, I'm saying it's dumb in a funny way.

Mr. X

PC Solo Queue for Comp is actually trash

It's either 4 offense characters or 2-3 defense characters, no healers and nobody can get kills.

You ask for a 2nd tank or 2nd healer and nobody switching into a decent composition to fight with until like the last minute before losing. And I feel like I'm on these team 4/5 times when the other team actually trying to play and win.

Oh I know, I'm not saying to nerf it, I'm saying it's dumb in a funny way.
This reminds me. I was playing Pharah on Wells on Ilios and their Rein charged our Roadhog. I shot a rocket at him and he went flying in the air and ended up charging him all the way back to our spawn lol. Easy kill there haha.

xaosslug

we should have a GAF overwatch tournament on PS4! Set up some GAF v. GAF custom games! I would love to play with/against y'all! :D

Danj

PC Solo Queue for Comp is actually trash

It's either 4 offense characters or 2-3 defense characters, no healers and nobody can get kills.

You ask for a 2nd tank or 2nd healer and nobody switching into a decent composition to fight with until like the last minute before losing. And I feel like I'm on these team 4/5 times when the other team actually trying to play and win.

Solo Queue is only if you wanna hate life

I agree, but it's equally as bad if you go in with a full group, you get matched against another full group and they kick your ass.

What's the optimum group size (greater than 1 and less than 6) to get ahead in competitive?

I'm rank 1497 now, it's awful.

X-Frame

It's pretty crazy how often Mei can get her Ult if you just battle on the front lines, take damage, Ice Block, rinse and repeat.

maomaoIYP

I just played a placement match against someone who was ranked grandmaster, what the actual fuck.
My team of 4 randoms and a 2 stack actually WON.
It was also the final placement, in total 8-2, placed at 3178. Did all 10 games as Pharah.
edit:
CsASeBFUIAAfeFt.jpg:large

xaosslug

I'd be up for it. How would teams be made.

i have no idea. Maybe, keeping consideration characters each person mains + is comfy playing Shouta or Duckroll can put all participants names into various hats and choose at random and then announce it on the thread? LOL

Jellie

I just played a placement match against someone who was ranked grandmaster, what the actual fuck.
edit:
Were they queued with a person doing a placement or something? Wonder how much they lost.
i have no idea. Maybe, keeping consideration characters each person mains + is comfy playing Shouta or Duckroll can put all participants names into various hats and choose at random and then announce it on the thread? LOL
So like a hat for each role or something?

xaosslug

This could be fun, but it would be difficult getting it set up for times that work for everyone.

yeah, we would def. need to figure out everyone's time for play/availability and try and work something. But yeah, this could super fun.

the great thing about it is we lose/gain nothing, so it would all just be fun times. :)

Were they queued with a person doing a placement or something? Wonder how much they lost.

So like a hat for each role or something?

yeah!

edit:

the real fucked up thing is that you were put against a team of 4... damn.

Jellie

Oh that's master? His max SR was 3800+, oh yeah you're right, my bad. But still.

Nah he was solo queuing, as seen in the screenshot.

Screenshot wasn't there earlier so didn't know :(
That's really weird matchmaking. What was their average SR? Half your team doing placements against a 4 man and a master. Probably wanted to see if you could beat a master for your last placement. Nice.

yeah, we would def. need to figure out everyone's time for play/availability and try and work something. But yeah, this could super fun.

the great thing about it is we lose/gain nothing, so it would all just be fun times. :)

yeah!

I was in something similar where the prize was $20 for the best player but dunno what happened to it. They even bothered to livestream it so I got my PotG recorded by them :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLBRFsb8Lc&t=2h40m
The guy was even commentating for the game. He got the teams mixed up and thought the other team had the point the whole Nepal game.

duckroll

Oh God I fell into the pit of darkness. 1886 is my low point now. Hoping to climb back up into the 2000s in a few games. COME ON I CAN DO IT!

Yeah, that Tracer was beyond frustrating. That's why I switched to tracer in the second round. She disappeared there. I shouldn't of switched to reaper after that, that was a dumb move on my part because the Tracer just went on after that. I switched to Reaper to try and deal with that Roadhog and the one other tank that were starting to go off. Then Tracer came back.

I just need to stick with Tracer, Genji, and Zarya for KOTH because those are the heroes I perform best with on at mode, and I'll have Roadhog as a last resort(I know his hook is broken, but in the right circumstances, he still puts in work).

It seems like in this day and age, the best counter to Tracer is another better Tracer.

Looks like it. I really like to counter her with Genji too, and bait her recall before I use deflect/dash on her to finish her off. I think the biggest problem is that people play with a very low sensitivity. When I play as Tracer and go behind the enemies and they take half a day to turn, you know you're gonna get tons of kills of them.

maomaoIYP

I've been in a game of 6 randoms versus a team of 6 too.

Screenshot wasn't there earlier so didn't know :(
That's really weird matchmaking. What was their average SR? Half your team doing placements against a 4 man and a master. Probably wanted to see if you could beat a master for your last placement. Nice.
Yeah I only uploaded the screenshot on the edit. I didn't notice their average SR, I lost my marbles seeing the master symbol pop up.

Oh God I fell into the pit of darkness. 1886 is my low point now. Hoping to climb back up into the 2000s in a few games. COME ON I CAN DO IT!

Worst thing it may be too late. You're forever trapped there.

Are there any messages you want us to relay to your family before you completely fall into the abyss?

I feel ya. I've fallen from a high of 2706 to 2504 due to some rough teammates. It's hard to climb out of the pit once you're down there.

Nohar

I'm having more and more fun with this game! Mainly playing D.Va (now that I learned to play her offensively instead of staying too far to really deal any damage, I'm having a blast) and Lucio (I like playing Support characters in games in general). I tried to play a few offensive characters, but it seems I am not good enough to stay alive and chain eliminations. I like Hanzo on the paper, but one really needs to be good at sniping (and, well, aiming) to actually be helpful.

Antiwhippy

RIP.

Also I seem to be stuck in support life this season. Luckily I can play zen and ana who I both like a lot so there's that.

When your team shoots a sleeping ulting genji tho. -_-

Luckily the genji panicked and deflected immediately wasting ult time.

Worst thing it may be too late. You're forever trapped there.

Are there any messages you want us to relay to your family before you completely fall into the abyss?

There's always next season.

2270 currenrky, the Zarya train is working. Fuck you Gonzo, fuck you Free.Va.

The Lazer does not care for your mobility and shields. It melts all.

I can automatically gauge the match quality by the first few seconds of push - if I end up with 50 charge on my first bubble, I know it's gonna be a fun time. If I bubble and no one keeps shooting, it'll be a challenge.

I don't understand how Platinum rank can vary so much in team quality, it's like a god damn lucky dip where I'm pulling out the disgusting Parma Violets 80% of the time.

Jellie

Yeah I only uploaded the screenshot on the edit. I didn't notice their average SR, I lost my marbles seeing the master symbol pop up.
One of only 2 of my grandmaster sightings but the other was the m45h-1t-up guy who was on the enemy team :(
Also their grandmaster and master were using exploits to party up with people outside their range...

xaosslug

dang, Blizz really tried to break you...

YXvjHxF.gif

what did you place, btw?

I can almost see it.
That dream I'm dreaming,
But there's a voice inside my head saying,
"You'll never reach it."
Every step I'm takin'
Every move I make feels lost with no direction,
My faith is shakin'

But I, I gotta keep tryin'
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

T__T

I was in something similar where the prize was $20 for the best player but dunno what happened to it. They even bothered to livestream it so I got my PotG recorded by them :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLBRFsb8Lc&t=2h40m
The guy was even commentating for the game. He got the teams mixed up and thought the other team had the point the whole Nepal game.

ok, that's sweet bro.

RIP.

Also I seem to be stuck in support life this season. Luckily I can play zen and ana who I both like a lot so there's that.

When your team shoots a sleeping ulting genji tho. -_-

Luckily the genji panicked and deflected immediately wasting ult time.

I want to die every time someone shoots an enemy I hit with a sleep dart while they're nanoboosted or something

One of my friends was Bastion and walked over and shot a sleeping Zarya in scout mode. Needless to say, she got up at max power and melted us.

Antiwhippy

Kinda why I'm getting a mic soon, so I can just yell "Ulting dude is sleepin... oh come the fuck on lucio!"

Though really, just need to do more callouts. People barely do it. Also seeing that I'm support mostly I'm probably the dude for callouts.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was grouped with 2 of my friends for the free weekend, was playing Ana and slept a tracer that was harassing me all game. I saw a mercy on my team take out her pistol and shoot her in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom