• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

If you happen to have a stubborn, stupid teammate that refuses to change in your team, the last thing you want to do is flame and give up. Don't let one person destroy the whole team.

I called it Eichendraw. :p

The majority of my games on that map have still been draws, with neither team even really coming close to capping A.

Thats crazy, point A is so easy to take. Once more people learn the map its going to be a favorite.

I wish I was better at quickly identifying when my abilities have cooldowned. I hate shifting my eyes away from my reticule, and the sound prompt is really low. I've put nearly 200hrs into OW and this one simple thing still continues to fumble me when I'm in the heat of a battle.

I know it's me, and not the game, but I'd love the cooldown prompts to have a more direct line of sight.

antitrop

are you done with PS4? only PC now?

No, definitely not done, but as long as I'm having fun with Zarya, I want to stick to PC. When I've had my fill of her I'll go back to PS4, but getting clutch bubbles in on people (like someone getting hooked by Roadhog) is so much slicker with a mouse.

I've done good work with her on a controller, but on Mouse/Keyboard it feels like you're a God(dess) of the Battlefield.

There's a part of me that keeps reminding myself to go back to PS4 and get my placements in, but then I just double-click my desktop icon, instead.

JCH!

Which characters is she picking? You could maybe subtly suggest she uses a character with either more survivability or more group utility, even if played mediocre-ly.
who does she play?

We only do Quick Play so I generally tell her to pick whatever she feels like playing just so she can get a hang of multiple heroes but she gravitates towards Lúcio, D.Va, Zen and Junkrat.

Give it time, soon she will be flying around the map getting 50 kills calling you a scrub for having to get carried.

That would be awesome :D

Jellie

No, definitely not done, but as long as I'm having fun with Zarya, I want to stick to PC. When I've had my fill of her I'll go back to PS4, but getting clutch bubbles in on people (like someone getting hooked by Roadhog) is so much slicker with a mouse.

I've done good work with her on a controller, but on Mouse/Keyboard it feels like you're a God(dess) of the Battlefield.
Have you tried zarya since the season 2 update on consoles? The aim assist is ridiculous.

Skii

I forgot to mention that I played a couple of games with Genji in the brawl and this current meta is absolutely disastrous for him. Zarya is basically a hard counter to Genji now because of the aim assist. It's almost impossible to engage a half decent Zarya as she'll easily out DPS you.

I just don't see how Genji is viable anymore. Has anyone been seeing a lot of good Genjis at platinum/diamond level? I rarely feel in control of the game anymore with him :(

Placements looking good so far then. Not sure how playing with you in placements would work to be honest.
I'm at 3367 right now. Went up from 3223 to 3335 yesterday when I got invited by a guy on my friends list to play with his friend so hoping I can play with them again on Monday to get to Masters but they all got 6 man teams so might just try and climb myself.

Wow, so close! You'll definitely make it eventually. We have plenty of time and you're already that close. Good luck!

Gaz_RB

Finally have a foothold in Diamond. Now to make the climb to Master. When does the season end?

I forgot to mention that I played a couple of games with Genji in the brawl and this current meta is absolutely disastrous for him. Zarya is basically a hard counter to Genji now because of the aim assist. It's almost impossible to engage a half decent Zarya as she'll easily out DPS you.

I just don't see how Genji is viable anymore. Has anyone been seeing a lot of good Genjis at platinum/diamond level? I rarely feel in control of the game anymore with him :(

I've seen some passable Genjis, but RIP season 1 team carrying Genji.

There's a part of me that keeps reminding myself to go back to PS4 and get my placements in, but then I just double-click my desktop icon, instead.

I rrrrrreally need to git gud with Zarya.

What do you guys think of having 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 dmg/support at all times? Should it be mandatory or are there games that are possible without?
I have been losing like 10+ games in a row and every time people just didnt care about this at all.
I wanted 2 healers and 2 tanks but had to choose between having one less tank or one less healer.

It's a strong combo, but there will always be enemies that adapt to even the best of plans. The main thing is to be flexible, to exploit the enemy's comp while protecting your own. Because it doesn't matter how good anyone is with X, Y, or Z, when the enemy is fully countering that build; you'll always be better off just switching than trying to eke out significance throughout the match. The important thing is to recognise the need for change.

Making a comp is a bit like the Borg in Star Trek--resistance is futile, provided they adapt. Like, I'm a pretty mediocre player and I've completely outclassed very skilled enemies, like Genjis, Widows, or Tracers, simply because I'm willing to Winston it up and stick on them at all costs; there was one Widow in particular who got shut down entirely for 75% of a match, effectively useless, because she wasn't willing to compromise her choice in light of mine. Likewise, there's been many times where I've realised, in retrospect, that my unwillingness to adapt has doomed me to irrelevance in a particular match.

This fluidity is probably the best part of Overwatch. It keeps things fresh every game, which is key for me, at least.

Gaz_RB

Another thing is that you may need to adapt your comp to whichever player on the opposite team is really giving you trouble/is carrying the other team.

Another thing is that you may need to adapt your comp to whichever player on the opposite team is really giving you trouble/is carrying the other team.

Gaz gets it.

To be honest, gimmick comps (all one hero or mostly one hero) can give me the most trouble. I generally only realise the right move days after a crushing defeat. Not that it happens often, but just occasionally enough to be a problem.

Although I think everyone has collectively gotten better at countering, say, a Bastion nest or mass Toberlones than they were near release. I briefly considered it an impossible thing to defeat before realising the handful of ways to overcome it--and I imagine everyone else has had the same thoughts after it happened to them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This was the single dumbest play I have ever seen that actually worked out in comp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzcLh4FZ5oY

Team was pretty much all dead, timer was running out and there was a bastion sitting on the side of the payload. Yolo charged to force overtime, BARELY missed the reinhardt crash and do the dumbest stealth cap ever...which seemed to cause the Bastion to ragequit, lol.

Still, GGs Rad and Wiz.

Looks like we went on an 8-0 streak which was amazing. I didn't use Zarya in S2 comp yet and am 7-0 with her now, then people kept snatching her up.

Blues1990

Were you a premade though? I'd presume if you were communicating a lot that it would be a lot easier with that setup.
I've just had people playing Hanzo on attack or Widow Maker on attack which can be viable in some situations but if they do not succeed they do not seem to switch heroes.
I don't know what to do anymore but maybe I'm just worrying too much and not having fun.

No, aside from R0ckman and I, the rest of the people we played with were randoms that we communicated with. No one argued, and we all agreed with the set up (I was Zarya and he was Lucio) and it went swimmingly.

I just don't see how Genji is viable anymore. Has anyone been seeing a lot of good Genjis at platinum/diamond level? I rarely feel in control of the game anymore with him ):
I've actually found Genji to still be very reliable. With Zarya, you just have to keep your distance and pepper her and let your teammates finish her off. He is still fairly viable.

I actually consider Genji as one of my "carry" heroes. Him, Zarya, and Roadhog. Maybe Zen. Although hog hasn't been used by me much because of how bad they broke the hook. So it's mostly been Genji and Zarya for me.

But as soon as they fix that hook, I'm going all in.

finalflame

Anybody else unable to win with their friends, but have success in solo queue? I legit cant play with my friend.

Being your friend doesn't mean they're any good, unfortunately. The biggest mistake I made for S1 competitive was doing my placement matches with 4 co-workers. It got me placed 34, I then solo queue climbed to a high of 59.

I play with people I know are good. Otherwise, I'll happily play with my friends in Quick play.

Paltheos

Yesssss. I'm a cool kid now. I just hit platinum. The win streak bonus isn't a joke either. I was generally going +/- 20-30 points. After my last win, I jumped from 2488 to 2535. I've never gotten that many points at once. Anyway, feels good to be out of gold. When I ranked ~2250 at the start, I was a little nervous, but I made it!

Not true, hanzo can dodge them easily and with his scatter he can pretty much 1 shot them. Their huge hitboxes make it so easy.

You have to have really bad aim to miss a Hanzo at the ranges which tanks usually operate.

And even with a lucky scatter he's not gonna one-shot any of them, except maybe Zarya, whose hitbox is way smaller anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom