• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

holysan

tfw you are able to defend the 2nd Anubis point with

Zarya
Mercy
Genji
Hanzo
Junkrat
Soldier67

Rank ~2700

Always enjoy when everyone makes their picks and no one complains about it. 2-2-2 is overrated.

Prepare to continue seeing that. A lot of people just don't understand how to play her for some reason.

the odd thing is i generally understand how to play her (only issue is figuring out when to pop defense matrix and when to shoot sometimes) but I'm straight garbage as her compared to all the other tanks,

finalflame

Zarya
Mercy
Genji
Hanzo
Junkrat
Soldier67

Rank ~2700

Always enjoy when everyone makes their picks and no one complains about it. 2-2-2 is overrated.

Platform? I'd say for Anubis point B solo healer works better than most other situations, but 1 tank, of which the only is Zarya, means you probably won on luck/the opposing team wasn't that good. If there's not a Rein/D.Va in the mix it's super easy to ult combo and wipe the defending team and take B, especially if your team has even a shred of a clue to kill the Mercy so she doesn't insta-res. Offense just wasn't up to the task.

Unless you have a well coordinated team, 2-2-2 is still the way to go for 95% of matches.

finalflame

Anyone who still believes solo carrying is possible should really watch iddqd's (fnatic) stream right now lol. Him and KYB (Reuntied) are on a 3 (or 4?) game losing streak in duo-queue competitive.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Zarya
Mercy
Genji
Hanzo
Junkrat
Soldier67

Rank ~2700

The better team will usually win, but if in a truly even setup, 2-2-2 has a much higher win percentage due to the number of defensive ults. It's actually quite good.

ohkay

Anyone have any tips for playing Reinhardt? Mainly how do you know when to go aggressive and when to shield up, and just things you should look out for in general

Competitive has been just brutal in Season 2 for me. Its frustrating partly because I felt like I made significant progress at the end of Season 1 and in that it feels like there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Part of it is KOTH seems to always result in a loss, and it's all I've been seeing.

Another part is all of a sudden I seem to suck with my best two characters – D. va and Junkrat.

QP hasn't been much better either honestly. Just steamrolls, all around, Wish I could keep track of my win-loss there, but, you know...

Just frustrated all around. Down to 2500 from a placement in the 2700s and a high of ~2828.

Competitive has been just brutal in Season 2 for me. Its frustrating partly because I felt like I made significant progress at the end of Season 1 and in that it feels like there's no rhyme or reason to it.

Part of it is KOTH seems to always result in a loss, and it's all I've been seeing.

Another part is all of a sudden I seem to suck with my best two characters – D. va and Junkrat.

QP hasn't been much better either honestly. Just steamrolls, all around, Wish I could keep track of my win-loss there, but, you know...

Just frustrated all around. Down to 2500 from a placement in the 2700s and a high of ~2828.

Times like this I'd say just sit in QP or the brawl and play a different char that you're normally not good with. It may help you get a new char that you're good with and might also help you get out of your slump with your aces. A chance of pace can help

People need to stop complaining about healers, you're a McCree who is standing back at the sniper spots; trying to get a Play of the Game, I need to heal the other people who are on the point, actually doing something.

Times like this I'd say just sit in QP or the brawl and play a different char that you're normally not good with. It may help you get a new char that you're good with and might also help you get out of your slump with your aces.

Oh, I don't main. I switch off if I'm sucking with D. va or Junkrat. And on some maps I don't use them at all.

all this talk of Demonic Mei is making me wanna crosspost what I just submitted in the free weekend thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOi5hpBFWfU

848.jpg

I can only hope their salty tears gave sufficient energy to the Frozen Demon God Herself.

Sorry I didn't invite you, the game was lagging so bad for me it was literally moving my aim for me. It was fine on PS4, no clue what was going on.

No worries! Didn't want to spam you with messages or anything. It was probably a good point for me to stop anyways. I don't really get "on tilt" after a few losses, but taking a break never hurts.

Moonkeis

Came across a group of 3 on our team earlier that sounded like Twitch steamers with how over the top they were. We had asked them to go in team chat for comp, their nonsense got old quick. Switched back to group.

Enilced2

So after over 100 hours on PS4 I broke down and bought the PC version... holy hell it's like night and day difference. And surprisingly my right can run it super solid only thing is it doesn't look super great. I'm still running a GTX 570 so I think that may be my weak spot. Any economical card suggestions?

So after over 100 hours on PS4 I broke down and bought the PC version... holy hell it's like night and day difference. And surprisingly my right can run it super solid only thing is it doesn't look super great. I'm still running a GTX 570 so I think that may be my weak spot. Any economical card suggestions?

Get a PTX-140A.

That'll run anything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Came across a group of 3 on our team earlier that sounded like Twitch steamers with how over the top they were. We had asked them to go in team chat for comp, their nonsense got old quick. Switched back to group.

Played against a diamond genji who wrecked us who linked his twitch in all chat.

Uh, no thanks.

i've seen a lot of stupid shit this weekend but by far the worst was a guy trying ro play mid-range with d.va.....

Never underestimate the stupid shit people will do when they're getting plinked from medium range by a D.Va. There's no appreciable damage being done, but they will still go nuts enough of the time to make peppering them a good first-move strategy. Especially if you can get a tank to come at you and leave the safety of their group.

It's all part of the chess game down here, among the rats.

Never underestimate the stupid shit people will do when they're getting plinked from medium range by a D.Va. There's no appreciable damage being done, but they will still go nuts enough of the time to make peppering them a good first-move strategy. Especially if you can get a tank to come at you and leave the safety of their group.

It's all part of the chess game down here, among the rats.

I will admit the constant damage indicators do drive me a bit crazy haha

i've seen a lot of stupid shit this weekend but by far the worst was a guy trying ro play mid-range with d.va.....

Oh, and on the "stupidest shit I've seen this weekend" subject: I was D.Va on Honamura Attack. Went out the left side, as I always do. Everyone is brawling at the spawn. I sneak up the stairs and around the back to the point. Lone Zen. Kill him and sit on the Point. "Defend Objective B" rings as I see the other team appear in the archway. Boost away to the left side of B. Take that point as well. I can see everyone battling in the courtyard through the doorway. Victory. Maybe 2-ish minutes start to finish? Unbelievable.

Oh, and on the "stupidest shit I've seen this weekend" subject: I was D.Va on Honamura Attack. Went out the left side, as I always do. Everyone is brawling at the spawn. I sneak up the stairs and around the back to the point. Lone Zen. Kill him and sit on the Point. "Defend Objective B" rings as I see the other team appear in the archway. Boost away to the left side of B. Take that point as well. I can see everyone battling in the courtyard through the doorway. Victory. Maybe 2-ish minutes start to finish? Unbelievable.

Did the Zen not see you?

Ken

Anyone have any tips for playing Reinhardt? Mainly how do you know when to go aggressive and when to shield up, and just things you should look out for in general

You go aggro when you have no reason to have shield up, it's not worth retreating, or if squishies are right in front of you. You'll spend a lot of time shielding up though.

Shield eats Earthshatters which is #1 thing to look out for in Rein mirror match.

Numbers game. If there are two more in front of you than behind you, start swinging. You're dead anyway.

If you have your DPS guys coming in and distracting a group in front of you (ie: everyone is faced away from you) start swinging.

If you're Ana-boosted, start swinging.

If an oppo Rein shows his side or back to you, charge and then start swinging (energy strike first). Shield immediately after you wipe your hammer on his corpse.

Otherwise hold your shield and see what happens. Energy Strike when it's available. Advance.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It is 100% bullshit in the game of Overwatch. Its specifically designed against carrying. I don't care if you're the most accurate DPS, the smartest support, the strongest tank. If your team stinks and/or is get routinely outplayed, you just gotta hold that L. You'll just have a bunch of gold medals at the end so you can feel good about your contribution.
A million times over this. Team chemistry is a huge factor period, people simply have to be on the same page and be willing to make switches whether in character or simply the way they're playing when things aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom