• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDoza

I just booted up the game to play and I'm in position 200 in a queue? What? Am I at least moved up in line ahead of freebie players seeing as I'm a damn owner of the game? Ridiculous.

EDIT: Keeps failing and restarting when the queue counts down. Restarts the number positioning.

Got in. After a few attempts. This was a first. Hopefully not a frequent occurence.

I just booted up the game to play and I'm in position 200 in a queue? What? Am I at least moved up in line ahead of freebie players seeing as I'm a damn owner of the game? Ridiculous.

EDIT: Keeps failing and restarting when the queue counts down. Restarts the number positioning.

Got in. After a few attempts. This was a first. Hopefully not a frequent occurence.

Free Weekend. I've been dealing with this for the last hour. Haven't gotten in yet.

Rad-

It weirds me out how many diamond Reinhardts keep randomly charging towards the enemy lines. 9/10 times it just means you die really fast and now your team has no protection. Not to mention Rein gives a good amount of ult charge.

It's even better when they charge 200 meters away and shout "I need healing".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It weirds me out how many diamond Reinhardts keep randomly charging towards the enemy lines. 9/10 times it just means you die really fast and now your team has no protection. Not to mention Rein gives a good amount of ult charge.

Another benefit of playimg zarya.

At least you can let them pretend to be winston instead of being useless.

ISOM

On attack,aggressive Reins can be really helpful especially since Zarya is my main tank and I like to be aggressive myself. But on defense it is often a disaster.

Greddleok

Winston is super niche, but really excels at that niche - i.e. dealing with squishes, and when there's a control point.

Is there any other way to play him? I rarely see him in use.

Farewell

Is jumping while shooting in fights necessary?
On ps4 i've jump on R3 and melee on x to be able to do that.

Or is jump just a tool to escape bullets battlefield 4 style?

antitrop

Zarya continues to bring me good fortune

b2RJK4V.gif

zoukka

This new patch has given birth to a new generation of shitty Meis who never change and never achieve nothing.

Pls remove her from the game Blizz.

(same with bastion)

Antiwhippy

Winston is super niche, but really excels at that niche - i.e. dealing with squishes, and when there's a control point.

Is there any other way to play him? I rarely see him in use.

Jump in, be a massive dick to everyone, jump out.

No other way really.

darklin0

Banned
Zarya continues to bring me good fortune

b2RJK4V.gif

Default spray? The whole play was worthless!
j/k Great ult!

BTW, if anyone wants to watch Korean overwatch there's a stream going on now with english casting. (I really don't know why they are casting in english)

https://www.twitch.tv/invenglobal

Watching Pine miss all those shots makes me feel better about my McCree. I will play him with more confidence now.

Edit: Esca though! Gotdamn!

Antiwhippy

The koreans thought up way better summer games than blizzard did haha.

Mccree pharah skeet shooting, junkrat mine high jump, archery with hanzo...

Mutombo

I am always in a situation where I am the only healer slot. When it comes to it, Lucio is the best solo healer right?

Depends on how the group plays. If everyone just wants to frag it's probably better to pick a mercy. If everyone huddles together Lucio's your guy. If you've got a decent Reinhardt who can defend you, Zenyatta is also a good one. Some maps are good for Lucio's 'push off' attack as well.

Also, it feels bad to get destroyed by a team with two healers, when your team has just a few of those "REAPER HANZO TRACER GENJI" mains, who don't want to switch into a more supportive/team role.

Ramirez

Why does no one want to play healers man? How many games do I have to play as Lucio?

Start learning Ana, she's so much more fun than Mercy/Lucio. I will never play those two again, very boring to me compared to Ana. I'm getting to a point I can solo heal with her if the team comp is right and the other team doesn't have a great Tracer/Genji.

Jellie

Start learning Ana, she's so much more fun than Mercy/Lucio. I will never play those two again, very boring to me compared to Ana. I'm getting to a point I can solo heal with her if the team comp is right and the other team doesn't have a great Tracer/Genji.
Lucio can be fun but Ana feels more fun and impactful. Her lack of mobility kills her for me though. Getting a sleep dart on a tracer though is such a good feeling.

I-hate-u

I love Ana, but no one wants me to pick her. I met a Rein (I character who I always target for nano) wanting me to switch to Lucio despite a Zen already present.

Watching Seagull play Hanzo. Today I learned that sonic arrows apparently sound different than regular arrows when they hit the ground. This is a whole new level of adaptive play.

Mutombo

The gold rewards are not enough. I want to at least reach platinum, so that it will feel...Well, rewarding.

It's sort of my goal as well. I get winning streaks up to 2400, then I lose a bunch again. Sitting at 2090 now. I mostly play with my brother through ps4, and yeah, we need to double heal and fill tank roles most of the time because of the majority of the team composition. Around 2400 it starts to get better though.

Also: i used to kick ass as symmetra. Had a 76% win rate after a lot of hours. i've sort of stopped using her after the nerf, and when I still pick her, I remember why I stopped. I used to play really offensive, putting turrets at their base to get my ULT up as quick as possible, but now, because of the lack of damage as well, they spot the turrets too soon, ULT doesn't go up, and I die before I get my teleport up, letting them get the first point. Man.

Second also: I never had a win rate below the 50%s but now I'm sitting at 44%. :(

Prelude.

Our hero gave up.

4fd44a0532mwr2y.jpg

I wonder if he got scared of being banned for sabotaging games or if the level of play at that rank is so low that you can win even while trying to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom