• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matchmaking sure has some really good team balancing
20160910225316_1.jpg
AKA, Dear Blizzard, what the hell was that crap?

Had the weirdest QP games. Gotten stupid potgs on both too lol.

Hollywood defense. Mercy(me), 2 sym, bastion, rein, junkrat. Somehow we won. Potg a 2 person res...

Kings Row defense. 5 Hanzo, Lucio. Went hanzo cause...why not, could use the practice. I know it's a lost cause anyways. Other team went 5 Winston, Mercy. So yeah it was definitely a lost cause. Gotten potg though with killing 3 of them with just arrows.

Matchmaking sure has some really good team balancing

I would ignore the fact they're platinum. Probably got carried there. The team SR is a better identifier. Pretty much means that whole group of platinums are well below where they should be.

You're really underestimating how much damage DVa does up close. She does a shit ton. And she can approach him the safest out of all the tanks. She can damage him on approach.

That's really important: A D.Va charging you, DM on, is already not an encouraging sight. Then you get knocked back and bonked on the head, and then your damage meter is going crazy as she pumps rounds into you point-blank. Then you're dead. The psychological reminder sticks with you the next time it happens. You run, and hope to get her at mid- to long-range next time.

That's really important: A D.Va charging you, DM on, is already not an encouraging sight. Then you get knocked back and bonked on the head, and then your damage meter is going crazy as she pumps rounds into you point-blank. Then you're dead. The psychological reminder sticks with you the next time it happens. You run, and hope to get her at mid- to long-range next time.

Play Zarya. D.Va is nothing to worry about then. DM doesn't stop Major Lazer.

Nazo

I'm god damn sick of Zarya D.va combos in ranked. They are next to fucking INVINCIBLE. I can't stand running around as Reaper and not being able to fucking kill anyone because either there's a fucking bubble or defense matrix up covering every single enemy. Like, what the fuck do I switch to? What am I actually supposed to do?

Because at this point I feel like the only sound strategy is just to fucking give up.

He's obviously in the same team as a King. Maybe he's looking for a job?

There's a gut with frosty nips on the other team. He must be cold from living outside. Maybe he and jobless can team up and become some kind of homeless crime-fighting duo.

I'm god damn sick of Zarya D.va combos in ranked. They are next to fucking INVINCIBLE. I can't stand running around as Reaper and not being able to fucking kill anyone because either there's a fucking bubble or defense matrix up covering every single enemy. Like, what the fuck do I switch to? What am I actually supposed to do?

Because at this point I feel like the only sound strategy is just to fucking give up.

You can destroy the bubble. This is especially easy as Reaper.

ISOM

Well if you're a reaper main, but you can play something else.

Dva/Zarya is really bad for Reaper. Dva can chase a reaper and Zarya's shields just make her harder to kill.

At that point you're better off with Tracer or Genji if you want to flank as both have the mobility to dance around Zarya and their weapons aren't as heavily affected by DM.

There's a gut with frosty nips on the other team. He must be cold from living outside. Maybe he and jobless can team up and become some kind of homeless crime-fighting duo.

Both teams also have dogs so you're onto something there.

ZangBa

Watching my recorded video, it seems like the game legitimately bugged out. Other team pushed the payload past us at one point, game said 0.01 meters to go while not contesting for just a second. Game should have ended and it didn't, weird. I would have been really annoyed if I was the other guys, lol.

Nazo

You can destroy the bubble. This is especially easy as Reaper.

That is true, but not effective when D.va's defense matrix is cover her from damadge.

Also, that mechanic is stupid as shit. All I've ever seen that ever accomplish is getting our team nearly wiped by a lone Zarya. Its more of a liability.

Well if you're a reaper main, but you can play something else.

I really wanted to but anything that was going to be useful was already taken. I did try Winston but I got shredded in no time flat

Dva/Zarya is really bad for Reaper. Dva can chase a reaper and Zarya's shields just make her harder to kill.

At that point you're better off with Tracer or Genji if you want to flank as both have the mobility to dance around Zarya and their weapons aren't as heavily affected by DM.

Definelty a better choice but, I'm a shit Tracer and a mediocre Genji. I'm willing to try it but the D.va and Zaryas I've been facing have the most ridiculously good aim.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
That is true, but not effective when D.va's defense matrix is cover her from damadge.

Also, that mechanic is stupid as shit. All I've ever seen that ever accomplish is getting our team nearly wiped by a lone Zarya. Its more of a liability.

I really wanted to but anything that was going to be useful was already taken. I did try Winston but I got shredded in no time flat

Definelty a better choice but, I'm a shit Tracer and a mediocre Genji. I'm willing to try it but the D.va and Zaryas I've been facing have the most ridiculously good aim.

You should try using Reinhardt in those situations. Knock some fools around with that hammer.

I made that post before the match started , they were bad platinums. Still lost against them though.

I know that feel. I like to type "What's a couple of Plats like you doing in a place like this?" in my 2200-2300 matches. Makes people so salty lol.

Oh, absolutely I do not charge Zaryas. Not ever. Fuck that. We were talking about D.Va vs. Hanzo.

Whoops, I thought you were the Hanzo in the situation. Yeah if Hanzo gets off a random headshot on a charging D.Va, that's a rough start. DM can be baited out too. He's got wallrun so a smart Hanzo will just leave if he doesn't get the right start.

xaosslug

switch to Zarya?

Climbed to 28something today, just trucking along, all was well. And then I got hit with demoralizing defeat after defeat. I'm talking holding them at the first arch on Dorado and then failing to get that far yourself.

Back below 2700. -_-

That's why it's always a good idea for the entire team to focus down a Zarya first.

Hit Zarya from behind in the head- Reaper's good at that, the sneaky PoS. My D.Va/ Zarya team-ups have been wrecked by that before. Also, 'Hog hooking D.Va into your team works pretty well.

finalflame

Case in point for not being able to carry: iddqd and KYB duo-queueing unable to carry their team, just lost a match in competitive. They had moronic teammates, and the opposite team had their shit together.

You cannot solo carry in Overwatch.

Nazo

You should try using Reinhardt in those situations. Knock some fools around with that hammer.

I could definitely see that working.

I appreciate everybody's suggestions by the way.

I'm just super salty about just how ludicrously powerful that combo is.

I also just had an awful string of games so that hadn't helped my attitude. :(

The games I've had a D.Va backing up my Zarya have been crazy. Zarya / Winston is also great on KotH.

I mean, pro teams use it so it makes some sense lol.

But yeah, Rein can interrupt a bit and if he paces his swings Zarya won't get charge and D.Va can't DM a hammer.

You know what? I want to go back to season 1. I want to go back to the old rank system and SD. At least in season 1 it seemed that I won more games than I could lose. One day you might lose a bunch, but the next day, you won a bunch and you felt good. Now, it's just lose 75% of your matches everyday and maybe win one every so often, and half the wins have been steamrolls, so it's not very rewarding.

Seriously, I think I like the old rank system better than this tier stuff. The tiers literally mean nothing, MM is still based on some number, except back then, you had the underdog system and you didn't lose more than you win every match.

S2 just feels worse and way less rewarding.

We've all been there. It's really hard to figure out a new strategy and implement it on the fly, so think right now about what you'll do. The counter will come to you, and you'll be ready next time.

Nazo

The games I've had a D.Va backing up my Zarya have been crazy. Zarya / Winston is also great on KotH.

I mean, pro teams use it so it makes some sense lol.

I did get ranked in Diamond after I did my placements like a week ago. So I'm not surprised that the competition is as stiff as it is for me. Just the level of frustration is equal to the skill level.

antitrop

Went 6-4 on my PS4 placements and got 2747. Would have been 7-3 if our Zenyatta popped his Transcendence at the last second, instead of drooling on his controller.

Again, I kinda think the concept of carrying is kinda bullshit?

It is 100% bullshit in the game of Overwatch. Its specifically designed against carrying. I don't care if you're the most accurate DPS, the smartest support, the strongest tank. If your team stinks and/or is get routinely outplayed, you just gotta hold that L. You'll just have a bunch of gold medals at the end so you can feel good about your contribution.

I did get ranked in Diamond after I did my placements like a week ago. So I'm not surprised that the competition is as stiff as it is for me. Just the level of frustration is equal to the skill level.

Yeah, comp is pushing people close to the pro meta I've noticed. At lower levels like mine (gold) you still see people trying to make off picks work (I had a torbjorn yell at me for not supporting him as Zarya, when I was keeping our Zen alive...) so if you're on the up and up it's just easy to run through teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom