• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

You can't change direction midair so they know your trajectory.

Always wished OW would give player more control when mid-air, so annoying to get humped by ulted Winston and have zero air control when knocked into air by him. You don't feel threatened, just very annoyed because game removes all control from you.

They have those smaller keyboards that attach to the controller, so that's not really an issue.

I've never once seen a person who owns that, and I can't fathom why anyone would own one of those.

Always wished OW would give player more control when mid-air, so annoying to get humped by ulted Winston and have zero air control when knocked into air by him. You don't feel threatened, just very annoyed because game removes all control from you.

That's the point though.

Tovarisc

That's the point though.

Doesn't make it fun mechanic to deal with though. With classes like Junkrat and Pharah you can do very lethal combos when using knockback effect properly and it's over fast, but with zero damage humper like Winston it's just so unfun to be knockback juggled.

Strider

Lately on PS4 every time I play I get nothing but enemy full teams running double Zarya :/

Shit is awful man.

Level 23 tho. Sooooooon.

Paltheos

Things are going so much better for me this season. Last season I placed at 51 and just plummeted down to 41 and that was it. Now, I've diversified my hero roster, learned what works and where, and I've generally been getting teammates that respond to change requests (with some exceptions, in which we often lose). I placed at ~223x, am 2643 now, and feel like I can still rise higher. I want to say it helps that I play almost exclusively tank/support, as people still tend to DPS, but that's just speculation.

Read that it's a tactic to make people pick good characters. If you pick bad ones then they can't pick it and will play characters to carry your bad pick. Then you just change to what you were going to pick anyway.

Yeah I've done that occasionally. Every once in a while on defense sets, I'll purposefully pick Hanzo and wait for everyone else to pick. Because 'Hanzo', and because some people are still duped by the "few defense heroes" warning (at least that's my assumption).

Jellie

Doing Dorado and the team can't get through the first choke point. Manage to after a graviton surge. Happened at the next too. Pushed it the rest in overtime. Was so relieved to finish after the horrible start. Just managed to defend it at the last point. Got 20 graviton surge kills in the process with 65% elimination participation. When your team follows up on graviton. Feels good.

Got a 5 man kill with Reapers ult.

But enemy mercy gets play of the game for a triple revive......

followed by all 3 of them just dying again......

Obviously? That's not the point. A regular keyboard is, at the very least, good enough for the preparation phase of a match. Text chat on consoles isn't really a foreign concept, I've been using it since the PS2.
Except not everyone will have a keyboard connected to their console? lol

And if that's not he point, why did you bring up those things, if it seemed so obvious hat no one would use them?

So if someone leaves in comp, it says you receive a loss but no pen after a minute, so does your SR not go down? Just had a game where we were stomping the team and some guy decides to leave, end up losing :/

antitrop

Mercy gets a POTG for just breathing nowadays. Blizzard has no middle gear either 0 or 100.

Yeah, I had a match yesterday where there were two separate Quadra Kills and Mercy got POTM for a 2x Rez and then just putting her healing beam on a full health target.

I guess they forgot to spray the ground and teabag it, that's what was missing.

Got a 5 man kill with Reapers ult.

But enemy mercy gets play of the game for a triple revive......

followed by all 3 of them just dying again......
I think that actually makes it even that much more satisfying for you. I think shitting on someone else's POTG is even better than getting it for yourself.

AngryMoth

Something interesting I noticed in the practise range just now; Roadhog's alt fire is actually LESS effective at close range. At less that 10 metres headshot takes off half the health of training robots health but at 10-15 it's a one shot. Never knew this before!

Salarians

I played something like ten comp matches today and won all but one of them, and now I'm platinum. I don't care that much about my ranking (I play comp mostly so I don't have to deal with stacking) but it still feels nice.

antitrop

Something interesting I noticed in the practise range just now; Roadhog's alt fire is actually LESS effective at close range. At less that 10 metres headshot takes off half the health of training robots health but at 10-15 it's a one shot. Never knew this before!
Yeah, Roadhog's alt-fire explodes at exactly 9 meters. The projectile itself only deals 50 damage, but if it explodes a few meters in front of them, it will be a 1-shot to squishies.

Ok. Roadhogs hook is still buggy and all, but I just played him for the first time in season 2.

He's still amaze balls. I've missed my little piggy.

Lmao 2 guys from our team left during the first round on Nepal and i guess the other team couldnt be asked continuing to fight so they capped the point and we just chilled the other 2 rounds.

Kind of relaxing really after being mad that people quit so early

Switched from Mei to Zen so i could do my sit emote :x

Here dat vid

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Umf, speedboost lucio is still alright. You'd want to save amp it up for healing more often than not nowadays but a good speedboost can still help turn and dictate the flow of battle.

Plus passive healer lucio is boring anyway. Learning when to speedboost is a ton of fun. Need to get a mic so i can do that better.

The lucios who stay in heal song when the team is on point and healthed up waiting for the enemy team to come drives me a little batty haha.

DESHI

BASARA

cwTArie.jpg

DESHI

BASARA

2500, here I come.

ZangBa

Except not everyone will have a keyboard connected to their console? lol

And if that's not he point, why did you bring up those things, if it seemed so obvious hat no one would use them?

I would use them? My friends would use them? Obviously some people would? Not everyone uses a mic either, should we just turn that option off?

Yessssss

Mei has done me so much better this season.

c0teE3P.gif

All solo queue so far. Got 6-4 in Placement Matches got put in about the 2400 range, so it has taken me about 50 matches to climb up. Now I'm rocking a 42-27 W/L ratio.

Soon I'm going to need to find a team though, not too sure how much higher I can climb going all solo.

xaosslug

Yessssss

c0teE3P.gif

All solo queue so far. Got 6-4 in Placement Matches got put in about the 2400 range, so it has taken me about 50 matches to climb up. Now I'm rocking a 42-27 W/L ratio.

Soon I'm going to need to find a team though, not too sure how much higher I can climb going all solo.

congratulations! The second I hit diamond I'mma friend you and we gonna roll D.Va & Mei haaaaaaaardddd! ;D

Went into the brawl and the first three people picked healers. I almost cried tears of joy from that. We ended up with two healers, but still a sight to behold.

I know that seems like an overreaction, but that left shocked me.

mellow

so I heard that if you're Master & Grand Master you can only group with ppl within 500 of your skill rating, so does this mean that if I'm a Diamond and my friend is a Master and I'm, say, 3200 and he's 3800 I can't play with him (I imagine it's this)? or is it more so that as long as I'm diamond I can play with someone ranked Master (again, I guess it's the former since you can't actually lose diamond status, but your rank can fall below it, but just figured I'd get 100% clarification). I kinda hope it's the latter, I mostly play with a friend but he does a lot of solo too so I'm usually a little behind him depending on how busy I am.

QP soured my mood, whole team wanted to go Lucio only for Nepal, i didn't but it didn't matter, we were destroyed.

I legitimately can't play QP anymore, hero stacking etc and gimmick teams are way too prevalent, I usually just play one or two to warm up for Comp, I'm glad they've said there will be little downtime between seasons in the future. I never want to go back for an extended period of time.

Got my Mercy POTG cinematic and figured it'd show when I revived two dead teammates who helped to stop the attackers' final push and win us the game. But no, it showed when I was caught trying to stand in the range of two bodies earlier and accidentally only revived one at the last minute because I got shot in the butt and impulsively moved forward a smidgen.

aeolist

Banned
i've won 1 comp game in the last week and dropped like 300 points while getting at least 2 golds and almost carrying every single time

i've been playing tank and i think i've gotten better since last season but every single game has been full of totally brain dead morons who can't do their fucking jobs

there's been basically nothing but overwatch in my game time since launch and this is really making me want to stop entirely

I was in the brawl and I picked Genji to combo with my Zarya to try and get the stupid quad trophy.

It took her 7 minutes to get her first ult. LMAO

We still won, but that was kind of hilarious. If only that trophy hadn't glitched out on me when I was actually able to get it.

Went into the brawl and the first three people picked healers. I almost cried tears of joy from that. We ended up with two healers, but still a sight to behold.

I know that seems like an overreaction, but that left shocked me.

Lol yesterday that happened to me too. Competitive Route 66, 6vs6 randoms, the first 4 picks on my team were Lucio, Mercy, Zen and Reinhardt. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I could finally pick Pharah without feeling "guilty" and the other one picked Soldier 76. We destroyed them on both rounds.

I was in the brawl and I picked Genji to combo with my Zarya to try and get the stupid quad trophy.

We still won, but that was kind of hilarious. If only that trophy hadn't glitched out on me when I was actually able to get it.

Lijang right, when you got that POTG? Did you killed D.Va or only her mech with the dragon blade? I couldn't see.

With only 6 seconds now it's much harder to get that trophy, unless you have the help of another Ult :\

Prelude.

I don't think you get achievements on brawls. Only in qp and competitive.

I don't think you get achievements on brawls. Only in qp and competitive.
Really? Oh well, I didn't get it there, so whatever.

The very next match there Mercy killed herself like 5 times in the first half of the match. Her and Reaper killed themselves right before the match started lol. I'm finding all the strange folks in the brawl right now haha.

You'd think that.

And then the attack torbs of the world will break your spirit.

You fucker, you jinxed me. We had one and lost. We then had a useless Mercy on Ilios so so at the 2-2 final round I went Zen, maintained my 4 golds, and then shouted at everyone to get their butts in gear.
UGH.

2422 currently.

Now I'm curious about that guy you blocked.

I usually end up muting / blocking one to two people per game. Racism / shitty attitudes / being rude = block. That person said something about my mother.

Yessssss

c0teE3P.gif

Dude! Nice! I got placed at 2450 and fell to 2200 / almost 2100 before climbing back up. I'm hoping to hit 2500 tonight, but I need a break. Literally had to claw the last few wins out of the hearts of my enemies.

Lijang right, when you got that POTG? Did you killed D.Va or only her mech with the dragon blade? I couldn't see.

With only 6 seconds now it's much harder to get that trophy, unless you have the help of another Ult :
Nah, I'm pretty sure I killed Dva. I killed two squishes, and then I cornered Dvas mech and at the same time I killed it, Tracer blinked in front of my slice and died lol, and then I could've sworn I got mech less Dva with my sword, but maybe I'm remembering wrong :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom