• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

I almost never go into games with double healers even in competitive. It's always 3 DPS, 2 tanks and a healer. I'd include Junkrat/Mei as "DPS". It doesnt do too badly because I feel like an extra DPS in console is okay because being a healer in a DPS-centric meta is terrifying and sometimes puts you at a disadvantage. That's why I feel like Zenyatta is just a must pick as he acts as DPS and healing.

NeoRaider

Fuck people in comp that don't pick support if there is need for one. I always pick Zenyatta now just to take the gold elimination crown from the other useless DPS players just to throw it to their faces and they get embarrased.

Team without (good) support in Competitive = RIP.

Azoor

Fuck people in comp that don't pick support if there is need for one. I always pick Zenyatta now just to take the gold elimination crown from the other useless DPS players just to throw it to their faces and they get embarrased.

Zenyatta can easily have a golden in damage and elimination because of how powerful discord is.

Jellie

I almost never go into games with double healers even in competitive. It's always 3 DPS, 2 tanks and a healer. I'd include Junkrat/Mei as "DPS". It doesnt do too badly because I feel like an extra DPS in console is okay because being a healer in a DPS-centric meta is terrifying and sometimes puts you at a disadvantage. That's why I feel like Zenyatta is just a must pick as he acts as DPS and healing.
I think of mei as a mini tank.

PatjuhR

I need people to learn that Zenyatta can only heal one person at a time (except for ult).

It's also the reason why a solo healer Zen doesn't work. I had my orb on an almost dead Reinhardt, who was projected by his shield, and I got 3 others screaming for healing in the meantime.

Blues1990

Solo queue is the worst. I just wish I could trust the tanks and DPS to do their job. The number of times I've played Mercy or Lucio and am the only one on the payload is getting kind of ridiculous. Everyone spamming "I need healing"...

Come to the payload, your healer is there AND the payload heals you.

Wait. Are you serious about the payload being capable of healing you and your team?

I think of Mei as a mini tank.

A mini tank with a nice butt.

Auctopus

I need people to learn that Zenyatta can only heal one person at a time (except for ult).

It's also the reason why a solo healer Zen doesn't work. I had my orb on an almost dead Reinhardt, who was projected by his shield, and I got 3 others screaming for healing in the meantime.

I think most people don't understand what a Discord orb does either. I'll place one on an enemy that my team is targeting and they'll magically stop shooting them or something. It's usually down to me as Zen to get the most kills and keep the team alive.

I think people think the Harmony orb makes them invincible too. I've placed them on teammates who are at about 1/4 health and they'll fling themselves into enemy fire and die.

Watching Soldiers unable to melt opponents who have discord orbs on them is blood boiling.

Solo queue is the worst. I just wish I could trust the tanks and DPS to do their job. The number of times I've played Mercy or Lucio and am the only one on the payload is getting kind of ridiculous. Everyone spamming "I need healing"...

Come to the payload, your healer is there AND the payload heals you.

Yeah, as Mercy and Zen now, if they wanna fly off and do behind enemy lines stuff, I'm not going to risk my life or the teammates who are grouped to go heal them. I just put "Understood".

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now with the sitting emotes, I love doing them during the team deathmatch phase while you wait for new players. It's pretty cool because you'll see the other team doing the same usually.

And then i get up, discord and kill them.

Embrace tranquility motherfuckers.

Cappa

Banned
I once got a golden medal with 34 eliminations as Lucio, which is bad because that means the DPs in my team aren't doing their job.
That isn't necessarily true is it? It could mean you assisted in majority of your teams kills..

If you gold medaled in say damage than yeah it'd be a different story.

The funny thing about overwatch is you can be an average player but as long as you play as a team and have situational awareness you'll do more than fine. The problem is people who play the game like call of duty and think their k/d is what's most important. Unfortunately in comp on ps4 there are a ton of those

Greddleok

That isn't necessarily true is it? It could mean you assisted in majority of your teams kills..

If you gold medaled in say damage than yeah it'd be a different story.

I often get bronze elims as Lucio, normally just from getting a single hit in there somewhere. Under no illusions that I'm some sick Lucio player. Just spamming shoot whenever I can.

NeoRaider

No luck with loot boxes so i had to buy it:

eLp5hUQ.png

D.Va's Junker is next.

maomaoIYP

I just lost against a team that had a party of four that had three master ranks. The SR difference was 700+
I lost 2 SR. LOLOL

edit: Fucking hell, I waited a good 10 mins before I tried again and I'm put back against them again. Fucking hell.

Antiwhippy

You know, it's taken awhile, but I've learnt to love the boot as zenyetta, and now my elims have gone way up. Especially against goddamn tracers, genjis and reapers who are coming for my omnic ass.

Believe in the boot.

PatjuhR

Is it even possible to get Zenyatta's trophy? Seems ridiculously difficult.

I know, I haven't got it aswell.

Maybe try to discord the enemies Genji is going after when he's ulting. Or Soldier 76, but you gotta have a S76 who will shoot at your discord orbs, otherwise you have no clue which one to discord.

Or Zarya, yea

Greddleok

I've been trying out different characters just for the trophies (also to try to better understand their strengths and weaknesses). Zenyatta's seems like the hardest by far.

Surprisingly, despite seeing it a lot, I've got neither of McCree's trophies. No one seems to ult when I'm around, and every time I line up 4 kills with his ult, someone comes up from behind and shoots me.

I can never get High Noon to work for me, ever, so that trophy continues to elude me.
At around 74% trophies right now I did consider if i'd actually be able to get the Plat but the Symmetra trio (her own teleport one, the destroying her teleports one and lastly Winston's minesweeper) just seem like a right pain in the arse relying heavily on chance.
Also I can't wallride with Lucio for shit so floor is lava routine ain't happening.

Is it even possible to get Zenyatta's trophy? Seems ridiculously difficult.

I finally got it last week thanks to a Graviton Surge, I think D-Va being in there managed to contribute twice to the tally with both her mech and self getting destroyed.

Greddleok

I finally got it last week thanks to a Graviton Surge, I think D-Va being in there managed to contribute twice to the tally with both her mech and self getting destroyed.

Nice, I'll have to just pick Zenyatta any time someone chooses Zarya. I'm sure the Zarya will love having a pocket healer as I follow them around.

PatjuhR

I've been trying out different characters just for the trophies (also to try to better understand their strengths and weaknesses). Zenyatta's seems like the hardest by far.

Surprisingly, despite seeing it a lot, I've got neither of McCree's trophies. No one seems to ult when I'm around, and every time I line up 4 kills with his ult, someone comes up from behind and shoots me.

I got both the McCree's ones, the canceling ult one is pretty easy and you'll get it soon enough. You don't need to worry about that one. I got it the first time I played McCree. The 4 kills with his ult should be one that will come when you not really trying anymore. I got mine on Volskaya defense. I was killed and we were losing point A, but I was back just in time to ult on them from the platform on the right. Lost the point, but got my trophy.

I, on the other hand, struggle a lot with Genji's trophies. He is the first on the hero list, so I picked him the most while trying for the trophies and I haven't got any of them.

I got both the McCree's ones, the canceling ult one is pretty easy and you'll get it soon enough. You don't need to worry about that one. I got it the first time I played McCree. The 4 kills with his ult should be one that will come when you not really trying anymore. I got mine on Volskaya defense. I was killed and we were losing point A, but I was back just in time to ult on them from the platform on the right. Lost the point, but got my trophy.

I, on the other hand, struggle a lot with Genji's trophies. He is the first on the hero list, so I picked him the most while trying for the trophies and I haven't got any of them.

I've had trouble with Genji's, as well. I haven't played much with him, so that doesn't help. I'm pretty sure just sticking with a character until you get it is the way to do trophies. It's definitely how the majority of mine very early on.

To date, the only time I've ever gotten a quad-kill with D.Va's ult has been in competitive. Once last season in a shitshow of a game. And then yesterday with a clutch Zarya ult by Payoff. I think we got 5 on that one.

I have to check, but I don't think I've gotten the Mercy one where you have to top off 5 separate players in one life. She's just such a target for flankers and goes down quicker than she can be saved.

Greddleok

I'm a shit Genji, I think I have a total of 10 mins play time with him, and that's probably all from skirmish mode.
I'll wait on his trophies for a while.

PatjuhR

I've had trouble with Genji's, as well. I haven't played much with him, so that doesn't help. I'm pretty sure just sticking with a character until you get it is the way to do trophies. It's definitely how the majority of mine very early on.

To date, the only time I've ever gotten a quad-kill with D.Va's ult has been in competitive. Once last season in a shitshow of a game. And then yesterday with a clutch Zarya ult by Payoff. I think we got 5 on that one.

I have to check, but I don't think I've gotten the Mercy one where you have to top off 5 separate players in one life. She's just such a target for flankers and goes down quicker than she can be saved.

I never played Mercy except for maybe 2/3 times and I was afraid that was going to be a tough trophy aswell, but I saw almost 50% of the PSN players had it, so I stopped worrying

DevilDog

every one of your posts so far has amounted to "i am getting outplayed and don't like it"

it's beatable dude, if you're losing to it right now get better and work past that
I usually play genji on comp, so black holes are almost never a problem for me, this is just a general observation I've had. And I think my reasons are valid.
You can outplay almost every other offensive ult in the game using your skill, but not with zarya ult.
They should make the black hole have less visual clutter so you can actually see and aim while in it, it should have a delay to it so that heroes without mobility can predict it, and zarya in turn outplay their predictions as well etc.

You can make the same argument for most ults in the game. If they're used just to take out one or two people to halt a push they are pretty hard to deal with.

Not really, most of the time you can beat the enemy ULTs by pure skill. That means either killing the enemy before he gets damage done or by breaking LOS or just moving away. You can kill a genji, you can kill a reaper, you can kill a pharah, you can kill a mcree while they are ulting without having to resort to ultimates.

With a good black hole those skills don't matter. Just the sheer visual clutter of the black hole effect makes it so hard to see opponents and you better pray that your support has his ult or you're dead.

PatjuhR

Man I always got respect for streamers that don't suck.

My skills already collapse if there is a fly in the room who might be looking at the tv.

I never played Mercy except for maybe 2/3 times and I was afraid that was going to be a tough trophy aswell, but I saw almost 50% of the PSN players had it, so I stopped worrying

I just don't play her enough. I also feel that I'm not good with her.

We had a Mercy main yesterday that literally saved the game with a single rez. Overtime, whole team dies on the point, she rezzes, jumps into the fray, we take it and march the rest of the way down.

There was some back and forth after that made sure we got a W and not a Draw, but that one rez was the reason it was possible. It should've been an L.

Props to the Mercy players out there who aren't just healbots for their duo partner!

EDIT: Speaking of, Kor's wife is a damn good healer.

Greddleok

The best is when a Zarya ults and your team's Reinhardt just rushes into the hole and pops his shield up.

Man, I wish I could play Rein.

Farewell

Just hit lvl 25, should i wait and play quick search more before jumping into season/ranked games?

I don't want to fail my team if i'm not ready for it.

Antiwhippy

Just hit lvl 25, should i wait and play quick search more before jumping into season/ranked games?

I don't want to fail my team if i'm not ready for it.

Theoratically you should be matched with people at your skill so why not.

There are level 200s out there that still don't know something as simple as "don't rush out in a 1 v 6 battle.

I just don't play her enough. I also feel that I'm not good with her.

We had a Mercy main yesterday that literally saved the game with a single rez. Overtime, whole team dies on the point, she rezzes, jumps into the fray, we take it and march the rest of the way down.

There was some back and forth after that made sure we got a W and not a Draw, but that one rez was the reason it was possible. It should've been an L.

Props to the Mercy players out there who aren't just healbots for their duo partner!

EDIT: Speaking of, Kor's wife is a damn good healer.

You should hear how critical she gets when someone else picks Lucio first. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom