• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

The mistake a lot of players make in the black hole is to wait to die. You can still shoot.

Correct, but since everyone is so close to each other, sometimes there are teammates in front of you, or the giant black ball in the middle, or just the effects of the whole, that make it so hard for you to find the enemy and kill them.

It also wobbles you around a little, so you can forget accurate shooting.

Kito

If I notify a Rein 1-3 times that my nano boost is ready as we're pushing in and that I'm going to use it, we don't need a Lucio swooping in to kiss Rein's ass at that very moment.

The amount of times I've accidentally boosted Lucio. It's always Lucio.

Also, can boosted Reinhardts please know to target squishies? A good Reinhardt walks past Roadhog and smacks the healers, bad ones waste the whole boost taking on Roadhog whilst he has harmony orb, heal stream, and self heals. Good luck getting through 1000+hp.

I've been having an issue with the PC version. At times when finishing a match, this only happens with competitive, it will just freeze the game and I have to restart my PC. ):
The temperatures look fine and I tried some of the fixes Google led me to, but it still happens randomly.

Kito

On the topic on nanoboosts, has anyone else tried double nanoboosted winstons in quick play yet?

Nano boosts can be stacked? Haven't touched QP in months so I wouldn't know.

Edit: Never mind, misread that as one winston with two boosts.

AngryMoth

Bad Symettra players are the worst. Like, if you haven't got your tele up after 3 minutes wtf are you even doing. Also when they don't switch after point A

Kito

Bad Symettra players are the worst. Like, if you haven't got your tele up after 3 minutes wtf are you even doing. Also when they don't switch after point A

Could also argue rez is pointless at point B when spawn is so close, but I don't see anyone telling Mercy to switch.

The amount of times I've accidentally boosted Lucio. It's always Lucio.

Also, can boosted Reinhardts please know to target squishies? A good Reinhardt walks past Roadhog and smacks the healers, bad ones waste the whole boost taking on Roadhog whilst he has harmony orb, heal stream, and self heals. Good luck getting through 1000+hp.

Hmm, yes, that is obvious now that you mention it. Done. It's always fun to have an excuse to flatten squishies. I usually feel that I'm supposed to take out the tank, so thanks!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Could also argue rez is pointless at point B when spawn is so close, but I don't see anyone telling Mercy to switch.

Getting bodies up at full hp instantly on the point itself is incredibly powerful. Tele still has the respawn time, the short walk from spawn to the tele and the tele has pretty much no spot to hide on any map B aside from Anubis.

Anybody have advice for playing as a nanoboosted Zarya?

When I use her I typically bubble a engage, bubble x 2, fall back, repeat. The nanoboost is so temporary though I'm always tempted to charge in which she doesn't excel at.

Is it just a waste on Ana's part?

Kito

Getting bodies up at full hp instantly on the point itself is incredibly powerful. Tele still has the respawn time, the short walk from spawn to the tele and the tele has pretty much no spot to hide on any map B aside from Anubis.

Volksaya less so but Hanamura has a good spot too. Tp allows you to come back faster with counters, if they're triple tank a rezzed genji is useless.

Jellie

When I use her I typically bubble a engage, bubble x 2, fall back, repeat. The nanoboost is so temporary though I'm always tempted to charge in which she doesn't excel at.

Charge in take out zenyatta and ult. If you have high charge it's likely to be a team wipe if your team is competent.

If you're lucky, she'll be at like 50+ charge and you can destroy with it. At lower charge it's eh.

She has armor and bubbles so if you get boosted, just go laser stuff.

Use bubble to fall back if you get too low because the boost will give you enough speed to get out.

But yeah, I've only been boosted as Zarya when they missed Rein lol.

Rein works so good because he's usually slow and has a slow and infinite auto attack. Nanoboost solves both of those problems.

Exactly!

Those few seconds are everything on point B.

LiK

Haha, I love tryhard randoms. I'm done with team chat. Was thinking it would be okay with Kor but turns out we get these dummies telling us what to do.

Haha, I love tryhard randoms. I'm done with team chat. Was thinking it would be okay with Kor but turns out we get these dummies telling us what to do.

Come on now. That's pretty much our first bad experience for the day. Everyone else has been super nice. Those guys were just crazy negative about anything.

We literally carried the payload over 180 meters in Overtime, and all they could say was how it wasn't 190...

Charge in take out zenyatta and ult. If you have high charge it's likely to be a team wipe if your team is competent.

That's actually a good call. Unfortunately it's so rare that anybody responds when I announce a 100% Zarya ult on PS4. I'm explicitly spamming it so I can coordinate with a DVA or Hanzo etc.

If you're lucky, she'll be at like 50+ charge and you can destroy with it. At lower charge it's eh.

She has armor and bubbles so if you get boosted, just go laser stuff.

Use bubble to fall back if you get too low because the boost will give you enough speed to get out.

But yeah, I've only been boosted as Zarya when they missed Rein lol.

Rein works so good because he's usually slow and has a slow and infinite auto attack. Nanoboost solves both of those problems.

Good tip on saving the bubble & using the speed to get out when necessary. I forget that the speed is increased as well. I'm pretty aggressive so I usually have a fairly high charge.

Rad-

GGs Kor and Lik.

Damn those try hard dudes started to annoy me with the constant complaining. It's just a game geez.

LiK

Come on now. That's pretty much our first bad experience for the day. Everyone else has been super nice. Those guys were just crazy negative about anything.

We literally carried the payload over 180 meters in Overtime, and all they could say was how it wasn't 190...

Alright, one more game. I should've muted them.

Jellie

Oooh now he's on the other team.
EDIT: and he got disconnected lmao.

That's actually a good call. Unfortunately it's so rare that anybody responds when I announce a 100% Zarya ult on PS4. I'm explicitly spamming it so I can coordinate with a DVA or Hanzo etc.

Good tip on saving the bubble & using the speed to get out when necessary. I forget that the speed is increased as well. I'm pretty aggressive so I usually have a fairly high charge.
It's worth it as even if the zen ults to save himself, ana ult charges much faster so you can do it again before his ult is back. If you take him out use your ult and hope your team can push through sound barrier.

Hmm, yes, that is obvious now that you mention it. Done. It's always fun to have an excuse to flatten squishies. I usually feel that I'm supposed to take out the tank, so thanks!

Screen_Shot_2016-06-21_at_4.15.50_PM.0.png

still relevant after all these years ;)

holysan

Joined a group with 3 Russian premades where the first two picks were Hanzo on Soldier.. I thought for a bit and then just left. Lost only 30 points. Not so bad imo.

finalflame

Joined a group with 3 Russian premades where the first two picks were Hanzo on Soldier.. I thought for a bit and then just left. Lost only 30 points. Not so bad imo.

Why'd you leave before even playing the game? Not to mention Hanzo and Soldier can be fine picks for any game if the people playing them are competent.

xaosslug

i knew y'all would lose once those guys spoke up on chat. When you have 'star' players that feel everyone else should be in a support (of them) role and it's the 'job' of character's (when that one guy kept calling out your Tracer) to do certain things it's hard to fight that kind of inner turmoil. >_< I mean they didn't even give Tracer props when it was pretty much because of her you took the first point!

anyway, what was up with them saying to fall back RIGHT WHERE THE ENEMY TEAM HAD TO PUSH IT? Were they trolling? That was insanity.

eeQq3HV.gif

finalflame

A group of 3 locks 2 dps spots. Sry, not with me.

Sorry, I honestly think you're the worse player here for leaving. Maybe not as bad since if it was during character select they don't get penalized, but geez, that's quite the attitude to have before even getting into the game. For all you know they play a killer Hanzo/Soldier and you would've steamrolled all the way to the bank. I usually insta-lock D.Va or Zarya, but am always flex if people decide they wanna change comps, while making it clear those two are my best heroes.

I can do a Symmetra on point B but people don't believe me.
:(

Other heroes are better. Symmetra is highly situational. By insisting on playing her for Point B, you're essentially throwing the game for your team. Don't be one of those.

That Bastion hate...

People yelling at me to switch off of him, when I'm literally taking out 3 enemies from full to zero solo almost every push.

We ended up winning, even.

Done for a while since my Mic is dead.

LiK

i knew y'all would lose once those guys spoke up on chat. When you have 'star' players that feel everyone else should be in a support (of them) role and it's the 'job' of character's (when that one guy kept calling out your Tracer) to do certain things it's hard to fight that kind of inner turmoil. >_< I mean they didn't even give Tracer props when it was pretty much because of her you took the first point!

anyway, what was up with them saying to fall back RIGHT WHERE THE ENEMY TEAM HAD TO PUSH IT? Were they trolling? That was insanity.

eeQq3HV.gif

Yea, they think they know everything. I even went to Zen since they begged me and he's my worst hero rofl. Anyway, next time I'll mute them. I can't have these nagging bitches in my ears for the entire match.

Coming back from down 2-0 is just so good.

The other day I came back from being down 2-0 with the last round coming down to a 99-99 overtime stall.

EASIEST GAME OF MY LIFE.

Can you check teammate's ult status on PS4? On PC you just tab and it'll show you, so I often just use it when I see the opportunity and assume whoever has ult (I'll save it if they say they're close or I see they have it up) will just follow up.

As for aggression, yeah Zarya has this flow of extending and retreating, then extending and fighting that I enjoy.

People will yell at me for walking forward but then I say "CHARGE ME" over the mic and they understand why lol.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-21_at_4.15.50_PM.0.png

still relevant after all these years ;)

The best part is, you keep killing the support and eventually they start getting mad at the team. But yeah, always kill Mercy first. If she doesn't know how to run, you make sure she can't revive.

xaosslug

I can do a Symmetra on point B but people don't believe me.
:(

eh, if you feel comfortable in your ability to run her then go for it. I would rather have someone play who they feel they're good with than a character that would be 'more helpful' on paper, that they're awful with for the sake of composition/meta.

eeQq3HV.gif

It was killing me.

Like, it was very very clear.

Was I playing Tracer? then we were moving up.
Was I playing anyone else? Then we were losing ground...

Like, how did they not see that? Instead they keep telling me to play other characters... why? Because it fits the Meta or some shit? Screw that. They totally killed my optimism buzz for the day, though. Couldn't really get back into the groove after that game.

Yea, they think they know everything. I even went to Zen since they begged me and he's my worst hero rofl. Anyway, next time I'll mute them. I can't have these nagging bitches in my ears for the entire match.

People like that are why I've just permanently disabled team chat.

LiK

It was killing me.

Like, it was very very clear.

Was I playing Tracer? then we were moving up.
Was I playing anyone else? Then we were losing ground...

Like, how did they not see that? Instead they keep telling me to play other characters... why? Because it fits the Meta or some shit? Screw that. They totally killed my optimism buzz for the day, though. Couldn't really get back into the groove after that game.

Kor, I will use a headset if you promise to just do party chat with me. I can't stand team chat lol. They make me second guess myself and we end up not doing as well. I can usually steamroll if I play by instinct. Anyway, team chat will be off again from now on.

People like that are why I've just permanently disabled team chat.

Same. Win or lose it totally destroys my enjoyment when people boss me around.

finalflame

That Bastion hate...

People yelling at me to switch off of him, when I'm literally taking out 3 enemies from full to zero solo almost every push.

We ended up winning, even.

Done for a while since my Mic is dead.

Harbleu (compLexity, formerly Luminosity) last night played with a Master ranked Bastion main (14 hours in CP Season 2) that absolutely SHREDDED on Route 66, attack and defense. It was fucking nuts. At first he gave the Bastion grief, but then he trusted, and they fucking steamrolled. On second round defense the Bastion destroyed 3 people within a couple of seconds and they took the payload out of overtime and won the game.

I think the dude's name was Arigato.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/arigato-1571?mode=competitive

#3 Bastion ranked on Overbuff.

Kor, I will use a headset if you promise to just do party chat with me. I can't stand team chat lol. They make me second guess myself and we end up not doing as well. I can usually steamroll if I play by instinct. Anyway, team chat will be off again from now on.

Wait, does this mean I'll get to hear your voice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom