• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

My Tracer was awesome getting me from platinum to diamond. But I've been pretty much all Zen lately and a bit of Zarya. Getting put into games with a bunch of masters I never want to take the DPS slot from one of them. I suck with Lucio and Mercy, so Zen is usually the pick. He's actually a ton of fun, and I've been shooting up the ranks with him. Even if I could play Tracer, I think I might get pummeled in the 3300's and above.

Yeah playing Zarya the most now. I Lucio if I'm with masters and above or defending kings row cos I can stall there pretty well.

JRSb2nS.jpg

Cheers luv! The cavalry's 'ere!

also just had defense on hanamura and the enemy didn't try to flank or go over the fence once lol

they just funneled in to the doorway of doom for the slaughter

it was embarassing

Crzy1

Does preferring a player actually do anything? I've never been matched twice with a preferred player.
I'd say the chances of you both queueing at the same time is pretty astronomical without any communication. It may not do anything, but it might just take it into account if you're both queued and it makes sense to place you both in the same match.

bs000

Does preferring a player actually do anything? I've never been matched twice with a preferred player.

Sometimes when I prefer a player after a game ends, we'll get matched on the same team for the next couple of games as long as we're both queuing right after every game.

caesar

Banned
Think I found my new main.

I've always avoided Reaper because he's too much of an edgelord to appeal to me, but damn can he put out the damage. This particular game was a Lijiang Tower game where we lost the first 2 rounds then rallied and won 3 in a row. Heart pounding stuff.

Reaper is stealth busted at mid skill levels. His damage output if used correctly is ridiculous.

Reaper is stealth busted at mid skill levels. His damage output if used correctly is ridiculous.
Yeah he probably has the highest reliable DPS of any hero plus several seconds of complete invulnerability and self healing. He's a god tier lone wolf guy.

And if the edge bothers you this much, just think of it like this; he's specifically made to be the one edgy guy, that's what actually makes him unique. Plus the mariachi skin and its variant remove pretty much all of the visual edge and instead make his appearance humorous.

Also for some odd reason I love how his shotguns sound, makes me enjoying playing as him more than I probably should.

Went 6-1 in solo and only climbed 138 points smh. This shit is too slow. The only game I lost the Reinhardt disappeared dc'd and came back with about a minute left to cap. Of course that ate over 30 points

Greddleok

My only problem with reaper is the 8 shots per reload. I feel that's a little too much. Maybe 6 or 7 shots? Or even just a slightly longer reload time.

His guaranteed escape mechanic sucks, but I don't think it's broken, it's got a long enough cool down that either he's vulnerable again if he enters the fray, or if he waits out for the cool down he might as well have been killed.

PatjuhR

My only problem with reaper is the 8 shots per reload. I feel that's a little too much. Maybe 6 or 7 shots? Or even just a slightly longer reload time.

His guaranteed escape mechanic sucks, but I don't think it's broken, it's got a long enough cool down that either he's vulnerable again if he enters the fray, or if he waits out for the cool down he might as well have been killed.

Than it will be the longer reload time. Otherwise I will never get the trophy with the one-clip kills.

Splatoon is great, really relaxing. Also helps me teach me son about raging after a loss before he gets a mic (and oh, how he rages). But what is a Squidkidder?

It's when a player rapidly goes back and forth from kid to squid. It's supposed to be a taunt after splatting a player, like teabagging.

Azoor

Reaper is supposed to the type of hero that catches people by surprise, he has that power in his weapons so he could dispose of unsuspecting tanks. His escape method can go horribly wrong though.

darklin0

Banned
SE1O1JQ.png

God it feels good when I have a team that knows how to shoot. I finally started making upward progress rather than fluctuating up and down every day.

Ayyy ranked #802 for Symmetra on Overbuff. Love her <3

Also I'm starting to use Widowmaker a lot in QP to practice for the inevitable buffs and I'm starting to get decent with her. Since the only shooter I've really played before this was Splatoon, where I also mained sniper weapons, it felt right. Widow is fun as hell, I looooove her movement, and her Venom Mines are a hidden treasure. Love how useful they can be in a variety of situations.

Want to ensure your safety? Place them on flank routes to alert you and your teammates to pushes. Want to cause havoc on the point? Stick it on a spot that the enemy is coming from and listen to the sweet sounds of them choking to death. Hell, I love to use them on enemies running away who I just nearly killed by tossing it into their predicted path too. Usually works, and is a ton of fun to play with the placement to maximize it's use.

Already been easing into it with Hanzo and doing incredibly well with him. Got the coolest PoTG with him where I quintuple killed the enemy on Lijiang and saved my entire team who got caught in Rein's ult. Definitely gonna snipe more often and perfect it

PatjuhR

Ayyy ranked #802 for Symmetra on Overbuff. Love her <3

Also I'm starting to use Widowmaker a lot in QP to practice for the inevitable buffs and I'm starting to get decent with her. Since the only shooter I've really played before this was Splatoon, where I also mained sniper weapons, it felt right. Widow is fun as hell, I looooove her movement, and her Venom Mines are a hidden treasure. Love how useful they can be in a variety of situations.

Want to ensure your safety? Place them on flank routes to alert you and your teammates to pushes. Want to cause havoc on the point? Stick it on a spot that the enemy is coming from and listen to the sweet sounds of them choking to death. Hell, I love to use them on enemies running away who I just nearly killed by tossing it into their predicted path too. Usually works, and is a ton of fun to play with the placement to maximize it's use.

Already been easing into it with Hanzo and doing incredibly well with him. Got the coolest PoTG with him where I quintuple killed the enemy on Lijiang and saved my entire team who got caught in Rein's ult. Definitely gonna snipe more often and perfect it

Try throwing that thing to an enemy Genji, who deflects it and kills you, only to get poisoned by it yourself after you respawned.

Greddleok

Reaper is supposed to the type of hero that catches people by surprise, he has that power in his weapons so he could dispose of unsuspecting tanks. His escape method can go horribly wrong though.

That's for fucking sure. 9 times out of 10 I get killed by a reaper who either flanks me while I'm dealing with someone else, or I walk round a corner and he's just there shotgunning me to the face.

Even if you mange to survive, they just fog form away to safety.

It's fine, I just dislike how he is able to dismantle tanks so easily because he never stops shooting. Meh, he has plenty of counters, I just mostly play tanks so I get extra salty at how easy it is for him to destroy me.

Kito

Gold elims, gold obj elims, gold damage(!), 30 frozen, 12 blizzard kills as Mei on koth and I don't get a single card :|

Instead Lucio for 29% healing, Reinhardt for 30k blocked, and Zen for 3k transcendence :|

Try throwing that thing to an enemy Genji, who deflects it and kills you, only to get poisoned by it yourself after you respawned.

Lmao that actually happened to me once, though I luckily saw it in time and took it out. Usually if a Genji comes near me I just turn around and flee or drop the mine behind me and hope I don't die. Which surprisingly happens a lot more than I'd expect.

Also, headshotting Genji or Tracer is the best feeling ever

PatjuhR

Lmao that actually happened to me once, though I luckily saw it in time and took it out. Usually if a Genji comes near me I just turn around and flee or drop the mine behind me and hope I don't die. Which surprisingly happens a lot less than I'd expect.

Also, headshotting Genji or Tracer is the best feeling in the entire game

Haha true.

I didn't spot it and just ran right into it. And I didn't realize it could be my own for a few seconds so I was looking for a WidowMaker around me. Only realized the fight with the Genji a few moments earlier at the exact same spot might be the problem.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, if the buff to widowmaker is inevitable, than what about something for my girl pharah? She's just going to disappear even more than.

The only assault class I'm somewhat decent at. :(

Man, if the buff to widowmaker is inevitable, than what about something for my girl pharah? She's just going to disappear even more than.

The only assault class I'm somewhat decent at. :(

Give her old splash damage back and she'll be perfect

I'm only good with her too, though I've been working on my Tracer lately

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Wait, which old splash damage? From what i know she's had the same values since launch?

Also another hitscan to make sure she never flies again isn't going to be great for her. Even her mother counters her.

darklin0

Banned
I am glad Pharah is not used a lot anymore. People can't aim and it gets old watching your team die over and over because they can't kill her.

I remember her missiles used to have a way bigger radius in which they do good damage when they hit the ground or walls or whatever, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, they should buff Pharah.

LiK

spent like an hour and half in QP messing around with a Gaffer before coming to work. seems like people were playing seriously during these times. no one stacked except for me, lol

LiK

I am glad Pharah is not used a lot anymore. People can't aim and it gets old watching your team die over and over because they can't kill her.

Soldier was made to counter her plus he has an aimbot Ult. I never understand why people don't know how to kill her with him. If you just poke her with shots, Pharah players tend to retreat for health packs anyway.

darklin0

Banned
Watching mangachu wreck face with her made me miss those glory days.

Nightmare fuel!

It is the same reason why I hated Genji and now the buffed Mei. Yes they are strong, but they have counters! It seems like people see them and forget how to play.

Soldier was made to counter her plus he has an aimbot Ult. I never understand why people don't know how to kill her with him. If you just poke her with shots, Pharah players tend to retreat for health packs anyway.

Exactly! Sadly I have heard over mic multiple times, "We can't hit the Pharah, she is just too good at moving!"
I cry myself to sleep some nights.

My favorite is people picking Winston and D.Va to counter a Pharah and jumping/flying up to her to tickle her for like, half a second, as if that's the smartest idea for killing her.

Skii

Good games Jellie.

I don't know how we ended up on the same team via solo queue lol. Probably not a coincidence?

That last game on route 66 though. How did it all fall apart after steamrolling the first 2 checkpoints :(

McCree with the aim assist change on console is a pretty viable counter to Pharah, too.

Ana is the GOAT, though. You just have to be in the vicinity, no-scoping, and you'll hit her. 3 shots and she's down. The sleep dart is made for a stationary ulting character.

Greddleok

I've found Hanzo is the most common hero to shoot my Pharah out of the sky. Seems like he just needs to spam shoot and two body shots is enough.

Jellie

Good games Jellie.

I don't know how we ended up on the same team via solo queue lol. Probably not a coincidence?

That last game on route 66 though. How did it all fall apart after steamrolling the first 2 checkpoints :(
I joined you lol. Went to do comp. Won 30-1 and I'm on a 5 win streak so next game could get me to masters if I win &#128515;
Edit: Lost cos of two leavers &#128514;

Greddleok

It's honestly not as easy as people think it is.

I'm sure being a good Hanzo requires skill, all of the heroes are like that. Being average with him is incredibly easy. I played him for around 20mins on QP and was getting kills constantly, didn't feel like a challenge.

I was basically just camping and firing into choke points. I know that's not high level play, but it's pretty easy for anyone to do.

Jellie

TWO leavers? why do people in your SR still leave. so lame.
We probably wouldn't win anyway. They had 3 former grandmasters. Our master was peak rank 49 last season. No idea how they got master.
Our grandmaster said he hates tanks and used hanzo all game.

LiK

We probably wouldn't win anyway. They had 3 former grandmasters. Our master was peak rank 49 last season. No idea how they got master.
Our grandmaster said he hates tanks and used hanzo all game.

can't help but feel like Masters and GMs are the biggest dicks. guys, don't get into Masters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom