• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man, a mechanical keyboard probably actually does nothing in terms of improving my play but it feels so niiiiiice to play on.

Azoor

Symmetra can actually deal with Tanks pretty well in right hands, if she kept moving then Reinhardts and D.vas will have a hard time with her. Except maybe for Roadhog who can hook and kill her.

PatjuhR

Symmetra can actually deal with Tanks pretty well in right hands, if she kept moving then Reinhardts and D.vas will have a hard time with her. Except maybe for Roadhog who can hook and kill her.

I would say the opposite. She's difficult to hit if you haven't hooked her. At least with Reinhard you can keep swinging around and it got a pretty big range. D.Va can keep shooting without reload, so she will also land shots.

Blues1990

I had a match in Quick Play, on King's Row, where the team I was on decided we should all play Winston on Attack. (I decided to play as Lucio until the last push).

I really want more matches to have such unorthodox, but equally hilarious, team compositions. When a team can all agree with doing something fun for a change, I feel that's where the game truly shines.

Azoor

I would say the opposite. She's difficult to hit if you haven't hooked her. At least with Reinhard you can keep swinging around and it got a pretty big range. D.Va can keep shooting without reload, so she will also land shots.

She does have a small hitbox and she is hard to hit if you kept moving, especially when her beam increases the damage output the more you keep it on one target. Roadhog's hook combo can easily destroy.
her.

Oh not mention her energy balls can get through Rein's shield.

LiK

I had a match in Quick Play, on King's Row, where the team I was on decided we should all play Winston on Attack. (I decided to play as Lucio until the last push).

I really want more matches to have such unorthodox, but equally hilarious, team compositions. When a team can all agree with doing something fun for a change, I feel that's where the game truly shines.

QP is def a fun time again when you can just choose whatever and mess around. Cannot stand guys who take it seriously.

Skii

I joined you lol. Went to do comp. Won 30-1 and I'm on a 5 win streak so next game could get me to masters if I win 😃
Edit: Lost cos of two leavers 😂

classic competitive.

I'm only half way through my placements haha. It's because my internet sometimes goes down for no reason so I don't want to be stuck in a competitive match when it happens. I'm going to get it fixed this week hopefully so I can finally "enjoy" competitive.

Sudden plunge to silver rank, here I come!

From experience, I can tell you that as a frequent Zarya player, I've learned to respect and fear a good Symmetra. I've lost track of how many times I've been caught by a Symmetra when I was at low charge and been melted. You'd think it'd be easy to deal with, but the good ones are just so damn skilled at hopping around and keeping out of your line of sight.

Jellie

classic competitive.

I'm only half way through my placements haha. It's because my internet sometimes goes down for no reason so I don't want to be stuck in a competitive match when it happens. I'm going to get it fixed this week hopefully so I can finally "enjoy" competitive.

Sudden plunge to silver rank, here I come!
Classic comp is when 4 people go DPS leaving me as support and somebody else to go zarya. Didn't work.

Azoor

From experience, I can tell you that as a frequent Zarya player, I've learned to respect and fear a good Symmetra. I've lost track of how many times I've been caught by a Symmetra when I was at low charge and been melted. You'd think it'd be easy to deal with, but the good ones are just so damn skilled at hopping around and keeping out of your line of sight.

That's my point, a good Symmetra will learn to take advantage of it's small hitbox and try to melt people.

Blues1990

QP is def a fun time again when you can just choose whatever and mess around. Cannot stand guys who take it seriously.

Yeah, that team that we played with were being sticks in the mud about it. They told us that we were clowning around and not taking QP (as a training ground for Competitive Mode) seriously, and that we should stop playing if we don't change our tone. (I wish I was making this up.)

When we played with that team for a third match (and they haven't stop bitching about what I mentioned earlier), that's when we went as Soldier 76, Reinhardt, Ana, Torbjörn, Reaper, and Mercy (with their respective Origins skins) to shut them up.

Holy crap I got an Ana PotG.

That's like saying you caught a leprechaun.

OMryaOn.jpg

LiK

Yeah, that team that we played with were being sticks in the mud about it. They told us that we were clowning around and not taking QP (as a training ground for Competitive Mode) seriously, and that we should stop playing if we don't change our tone. (I wish I was making this up.)

When we played with that team for a third match (and they haven't stop bitching about what I mentioned earlier), that's when we went as Soldier 76, Reinhardt, Ana, Torbjörn, Reaper, and Mercy (with their respective Origins skins) to shut them up.

lol, i love that some people think everyone should play QP the way they want. unless they get their own groups together, they should stfu.

lol, i love that some people think everyone should play QP the way they want. unless they get their own groups together, they should stfu.

Amen. Probably picking the game up today and totally sticking to QP with voice chat turned off 4 lyfe. Not giving two shits what other people are babbling about. I'm here for the fun.

LiK

Amen. Probably picking the game up today and totally sticking to QP with voice chat turned off 4 lyfe. Not giving two shits what other people are babbling about.

after just getting a taste of team chat again in Comp yesterday, i'm done with team chat again. just hearing people whine about what hero we should be playing is distracting and only makes me play worse. it's hard enough trying to concentrate without some random guys constantly blabbering what we should be doing throughout the entire match.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What?

I don't get how that teaches you headshots.

Also it's seriously hard to take comp seriously when you can win with the infamously powerful 1 ana 3 mccree 2 hanzo comp.

LiK

I dunno how Kor deals with team chat. he's a brave man. at least the one guy who's talking with him in the current match seems cool.

Do you get less points if you change role between rounds? I played a pretty quick-ish Anubis game where I was Mercy round 1 then Reinhardt round 2 and got 19 points. I'm pretty sure I'm on a win streak too

matmanx1

I remember her missiles used to have a way bigger radius in which they do good damage when they hit the ground or walls or whatever, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, they should buff Pharah.

I think they should replace some of Pharah's health with armor. Not as much as Zenyatta of course, but some of it. Maybe 50 armor 150 health? A touch more survivability would be welcome but they would have to be careful not to over do it.

Lol! Amazing.

That was hilarious and awesome.

Skii

you might need 2-man group.

edit: oh, Jellie and Rad- are on. should be good.

Might as well have a watch to see what diamond/master gameplay is like lol.

Classic comp is when 4 people go DPS leaving me as support and somebody else to go zarya. Didn't work.

Yeah you need at least 2 tanks for a chance at success. And I'm hearing your voice on stream and remembered you was the guy teaching me and someone else how to use Lucio to wallride to high points on Temple of Anubis.

Good luck man!

Yea, when people tell people to play a specific hero, it might not even be that person's best hero. They should just do it themselves.
Some people made the mistake the other day of spamming Zarya on the character select to indicate I should pick her to round out the team.
I gave them what they wanted but it wasn't pretty, my Zarya game is weeeaaaak.

Actually the last time this scenario happened it was with Rein and none of the chucklefucks even used my shield and just kept leaving me to die...

My favorite is people picking Winston and D.Va to counter a Pharah and jumping/flying up to her to tickle her for like, half a second, as if that's the smartest idea for killing her.
Hey now, I've always had good luck swatting Pharah with Winston, even better when they desperately take off only to be finished off by a leaping Gorilla melee strike.
D-Va not so much so I'll agree there.

LiK

Some people made the mistake the other day of spamming Zarya on the character select to indicate I should pick her to round out the team.
I gave them what they wanted but it wasn't pretty, my Zarya game is weeeaaaak.

Actually the last time this scenario happened it was with Rein and none of the chucklefucks even used my shield and just kept leaving me to die...

Hey now, I've always had good luck swatting Pharah with Winston, even better when they desperately take off only to be finished off by a leaping Gorilla melee strike.
D-Va not so much so I'll agree there.

yea, people expect everyone be pro with every hero. when it comes to Comp, you gotta choose who you're good at or you're just being dead weight and playing mediocre. So when they force people to play a hero they're not good at, what do they expect when they struggle? it's silly to expect people to be awesome with all the heroes.

Jellie

Might as well have a watch to see what diamond/master gameplay is like lol.

Yeah you need at least 2 tanks for a chance at success. And I'm hearing your voice on stream and remembered you was the guy teaching me and someone else how to use Lucio to wallride to high points on Temple of Anubis.

Good luck man!
Oh yeah that was ages ago.
i'm watching cuz i wanna play but i'm at work so i have to do it vicariously though Kor stream lol
First round was pretty good.

It's when a player rapidly goes back and forth from kid to squid. It's supposed to be a taunt after splatting a player, like teabagging.

Huh, never seen it. I mainly play at night, though, and most of the players are Japanese, so maybe it's not a thing there? Will pay closer attention. Dirty teabaggers...

Dartastic

Torb wasn't that "good" to begin with in comp since everyone usually takes care of the turret after a few mins and alot of people can't even play the torb character well enough to begin with.

But with the reduction of his turrets by 30 dude is useless. Gets streamrolled so easy now and the time it take you to actually set up a turret could go to actually taking out someone on the other team.
Yeah. I learned that. I play Torb a lot in Quick Play, and I consider myself to be a pretty decent Torb. That being said, I didn't really have too many problems playing as him there because it was just Quick Play. Nobody really gave as much of a shit. Getting in competitive though? Completely different ball game.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Dartastic-1524

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom