• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
played with some gaffers who added me tonight and my god that was night and day

we lost a couple but i don't even care, having an actual team makes this game worthwhile

Disgraced

Chiming in to say I very much enjoyed my time with this over the free weekend, so much that I bought it and have been at it far too much since. I'm maining D. Va and 76, and am uneasy about who to try next. Maybe Widowmaker? Although it's probably a good idea to learn a healer or some form of formal support, which I'm predisposed to. I don't know. I play on Xbone so if any GAFers are on there and would like to play feel free to add me—quote to see my GT. I'd also be glad to add it to the spreadsheet if there is one.

*Apologies; missed the info about the Xbox club in the OP.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If they're good I don't mind attack widow on certain maps. King's row is actually real good for attack hanzo and widow.

Just the spawn location alone buys the attacking team a lot of space if the widow can create enough fear of being one-shotted.

Why didn't I think of switching to Zenyatta sooner, he's really good?
unknown.png

Skii

I'm even iffy on not taking it away for people outside the group. It's going to lead to a lot of blameshifting, "oh you've been fucking sucking the whole fucking game leave so you don't ruin it for the rest of us asshole", just all round toxic behaviour. Randos can be very good at rallying around to bully people they see as the problem.

You already see that when people directly insult people playing characters not deemed "meta", and while I'm not a fan of some people who main certain characters, FUCK that sort of behaviour. I don't want anything encouraging it more.

Honestly I've never seen any of this toxic behaviour whilst playing Overwatch. It just isn't a debate to me. This is a game. If someone is pathetic enough to start name calling in a match, just mute them. It's your own fault for listening to any of the toxicity.

You can't just keep pandering to player's feelings when the game's balance is fucked because of people leaving games prematurely.

Cyanity

Banned
Hey OverwatchGAF, I'm new here. Finally picked up a microphone for team play, but I've only put a few hours in the game.

Anyone willing to play with someone only mildly competent? Still about 10 levels from ranked play though :\

edit - by mildly competent I mean I've have some POTGs, but haven't actually played with every character yet.
(And my name on battlenet is the same as on GAF)

Bastion's Recon mode is severely underrated, it does OBSCENE damage, especially if you headshot.

I've had a few times where I charged directly at people in Recon Mode and ended up winning the battle, just because people don't expect Bastion to be aggressive and in your face, and the element of surprise works on occasion. Recon mode isn't a joke if you use it properly.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Wow, just played a match with probably the worst people ever on either side. Neither team could wipe the other and it was just constant trickling in, all while two toxic assholes on opposite teams just kept arguing with each other.

First round, we somehow contested point B on Anubis for 3 minutes and then denied them the point.

Second round, we have a good start, and have three minutes left to capture point B with 2/3 of the bar already filled, then our Lucio quits. The game ended with a draw with only a tiny sliver still needed to capture the point.

I'll never escape Gold.

Hey OverwatchGAF, I'm new here. Finally picked up a microphone for team play, but I've only put a few hours in the game.

Anyone willing to play with someone only mildly competent? Still about 10 levels from ranked play though :\

edit - by mildly competent I mean I've have some POTGs, but haven't actually played with every character yet.
(And my name on battlenet is the same as on GAF)

Add me at h3xantistyle#1975 , and bring your mic. :D

EDIT:
I'll join you sometime, PancakeHobo will be my name.

Also, added!

Owzers

I go back and forth with my chat settings before getting into a group, but it's still not letting you join team chat once you join group? I have mine set to Group On, Team Auto, but it still never works going between the two if need be.

Holy shit, just came back from a team wipe on Volskaya. There Zarya knocked 5 of us out on point A and someone we got back and held them off the entire rest of the round.

Will post a vid later.

Should've probably stopped after getting to Platinum, lost 4 matches in a row and ended at 2491sr with a 20 minute long match that had me play as +600 ping Lucio for the majority.

got all mei unlockable sprays already

lol

my only problem with her is so many of her voice lines are perfect for trolling so I don't know which ones to use

I use the one where she speaks in Chinese, seems fitting because the person hearing might not know what she's saying.

got all mei unlockable sprays already

lol

my only problem with her is so many of her voice lines are perfect for trolling so I don't know which ones to use

Ramirez

I'm 50 points from Master, can't wait to bottom out next time I play comp.

Started the night as the #950 Roadhog and ended it at #178. I still don't like him at times, discord orb + team focus= sadness.

Rize_21

Mei is a personified middle finger on the battlefield, nothing more, she's my go to this season in solo queue, her and reaper, screw Mercy, it's useless to support lethargic teams, and what's up with the rampant dramas in chat?
Feels like I missed a train, people sure are communicative when it comes to insulting/ harassing each other.

also when if ever should I be using mei's primary fire? Like yeah it slows them down and can freeze them for a bit but it's short range and does much less damage than her alt fire.

Ramirez

also when if ever should I be using mei's primary fire? Like yeah it slows them down and can freeze them for a bit but it's short range and does much less damage than her alt fire.

It's how you should be using her, it allows you to line up a headshot and kill pretty much any non-tank.

Mei is great at controlling Zarya once her bubble is down, which is huge this season with how game changing Zarya is.

I use her alt fire from long range to just put pressure on the team advancing. Any random head shots I get are great.

Note I'm speaking from console experience.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Team fights. If i see a rein battle I'll freeze the other rein to help him out. Basically any tank fight vs the other team's tanks.

Also to counter stuff like genji deflect and defense matrix.

Slippery targets like Lucio I'd rather freeze first.

LiK

ROFL, my mines keep making Reins jump all over the place.

Edit: wow, dominated the other team and they simply gave up in round 3 by staying at spawn.

antitrop

ROFL, my mines keep making Reins jump all over the place.

Edit: wow, dominated the other team and they simply gave up in round 3 by staying at spawn.

I lost count of how many times their Rein charged directly into one of your traps. At least 4.

Team fights. If i see a rein battle I'll freeze the other rein to help him out. Basically any tank fight vs the other team's tanks.

Also to counter stuff like genji deflect and defense matrix.

Slippery targets like Lucio I'd rather freeze first.

yeah I do usually spray when it's a bigger fight

and shit it goes through defense matrix? nice to know

speaking of genji/deflect, is he much better at higher skill levels? I probably just blow as him but he seems useless to me outside of being a good bastion counter

Still hoping to get some guys to join in on me. The hope is to build a regular group that would be playing at around this time, so far I've got one other person interested.

bnet h3xantistyle#1975
Sent a friend request

On pc is there a tier there isnt a toxic bloodbath?
Plat on this game, is more toxic than plat 1 in league.

I tanked my placements and gold seemed fine. Platinum is garbage though.

komaruR

im down in elo hell now. from 2627 after placement, and getting into disfunctional groups. think leavers starts once I got to the low 2500s. They will leave after 2/3 into the game if not winning. Then down at 2450s, oh boy people leave as soon they know its a steam roll (well of course, for bad composition); not even in for the 2nd or 3rd round.

I have to say, back in 2600s atleast group use mic. Only 1 of 8 use mic in 2500s.
Gonna try my best and see if I can solo out of elo hell. ( out of curiosity/experiment, I'm such a masochist lol)

PS4 btw.
I'm not gonna touch pc ow comp until nearly halfway comp is done. Just want the good or bad comp players to settle down before I get mix up in there.

imo, I find its better to limit your comp. games to 1-3 games per day. even for placement. Atleast it cuts of bad player bracket if you start losing or the game gonna throw you a hard curve due to winning streak but with fallen rank players (ppl that are tilted) as a teammate.

back in season 1, I was skeptical about elo hell or thinking it not that hard to get out of it. now that I'm in it, I feel yah. quite tough to get out when you win one then lose another, back to back making your rank either stay the same or lower.

the mm seems to be like, if you lose a match before, you will get pit against lower sr rank and will continue so until you win. when you do win, the next game usually is some what same sr rank (don't think they ever pit me against a same SR team when I lose a match beforehand, which contribute to a downward spiral to low ranks for losing streak) or just few pts not higher than 10+SR. only if you win consecutively for the 2nd game then the game will pit you incremental higher SR rank and soon after 4+? winning streak you will get pit against +20 SR higher than you. At that time, losing a game won effect you a whole like since they are higher SR than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom