• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

Dude what the fuck is going on. For the last three matches I've been matched with premades with a diamond in their group of all plats while I end up with two golds on ours and some how these people have a "lower" sr rating.

These a real diamonds by the way because they absolutely shit on the clueless golds I'm getting.

did you have a winning streak? I think the game starts throwing you 'harder' competition when notices what they've been throwing at you wasn't cutting it. Seems like it, at least!

Danj

Dude what the fuck is going on. For the last three matches I've been matched with premades with a diamond in their group of all plats while I end up with two golds on ours and some how these people have a "lower" sr rating.

These a real diamonds by the way because they absolutely shit on the clueless golds I'm getting.

Anything below Master and Grand Master, you don't lose your tier if you slip below the SR limit. So like my SR is like 1600something but I'm still gold tier because that's where I started. It does mean I can't do comp with some of my friends though.

MG310

do you play at the same time everyday? I noticed that I lose badly (like, nonstop) when I play in the afternoonish time, but I can eke out a win or two or three if I play in the early AM or late evenings.

you should try playing at different times throughout the day. \m/

Usually afternoons Monday or Tuesday then random nights 11PM-3AM EST

Don't usually get a lot of win/loss streaks either way.

Back over 1800 now at least. Still haven't seen Hanamura in season 2. 47 matches in.

Was just in a team with someone by the name of xxTorbjornxx. This is on the Xbox. So they've actually paid for that name.

Surprisingly they chose Torbjorn every round. Torbjorn attacking Volskaya is not a pretty sight. But they weren't even good at defending either. Their turret was placed closer to the entrance for point B when we're trying to defend point A.

Two remarkable things. 1. We actually won, and 2. Torbjorn got a card for 30% eliminations or something.

I could only shake my head in disbelief and smile.

PatjuhR

If you take point A in Hollywood you must be doing something right and we also got midway through the village without any problems at all, but all over sudden we get stomped.

We weren't even able to get through the door at point A anymore. I never had that as a chokepoint in all my QP and competitive plays.

Clydefrog

roadhog IRL

HV0iKp8.gif

did you have a winning streak? I think the game starts throwing you 'harder' competition when notices what they've been throwing at you wasn't cutting it. Seems like it, at least!

I don't think this is true... Or if it is it doesn't make any sense.
If they matched you on anything other than your current SR it would mean that everyone's score would start bunching together, The good players would rise in ranks slower and the bad ones would drop slower.
Its counter intuitive to a win/lose streak bonus.

Edit: However in QP im sure they do do it like that.

Skii

Managed to get a quintuple kill with dragon blade last night (all killing blows) thanks to vaderise's blizzard. I think it froze 4 people making it so easy. I'd never expect to get that with dragon blade's nerf but those two ults have amazing synergy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Managed to get a quintuple kill with dragon blade last night (all killing blows) thanks to vaderise's blizzard. I think it froze 4 people making it so easy. I'd never expect to get that with dragon blade's nerf but those two ults have amazing synergy.

Have you never had a zarya before?

LiK

Bah down to 3264. I really don't think I'll ever hit master. When I get close I start getting about 15 per win and I lose 30-40 per loss. Diamond was my goal so I guess I should just be happy with that. Gotta try to have more fun with the game and stop worrying about this shit so much.

my goal is to simply stay above 3,000 by the time it ends. kinda sucks that Diamond has skill decay. why even bother. just keep that shit to Master and GMs.

been seeing a lot of meis lately...

and i've been having a lot more success after learning the icewall runaway after a self-ice tech

icing myself in the middle of enemy team and have them all gather around ready for me to pop disregarding the payload/point and giving my teams lots of time to setup, then blueball them with a premature break and icewalling out of there

LiK

You'll still be diamond though? Is there decay if you don't play in a week.

yea, Diamond is perm, only Master and GM is not. i wouldn't have cared as much but it turns out they keep your previous Season rank where you ended in your profile rather than just the Season High. i was fucking around and now i have a 64 in there along with my high of 67. anyway, just an OCD thing.

So I just started doing placements for Season 2 yesterday (since I've been busy with Legion) and I already had one quit or DC in one of my placements. Also I got my first draw, which I was confused about because I hadn't played competitive since they implemented it. I really like Eichenwalde from what I've played so far, but that may be because I've won every single game I've played on it so far.

ISOM

been seeing a lot of meis lately...

and i've been having a lot more success after learning the icewall runaway after a self-ice tech

icing myself in the middle of enemy team and have them all gather around ready for me to pop disregarding the payload/point and giving my teams lots of time to setup, then blueball them with a premature break and icewalling out of there

I've see Mei's doing this and countered that by going the opposite side of where my teammates are. Easy pickings.

Last night I had my very first experience with someone on the other team quitting. So I guess there's proof that it does happen to people other than me (although about five more need to happen in my favor for everything to even out - lol).

I'm starting to think I just need to suck it up and really study Reinhardt. So many Reinhardts are so terrible at this game. I wouldn't consider myself "good," but at least I press W when standing in chokepoints.

Jellie

yea, Diamond is perm, only Master and GM is not. i wouldn't have cared as much but it turns out they keep your previous Season rank where you ended in your profile rather than just the Season High. i was fucking around and now i have a 64 in there along with my high of 67. anyway, just an OCD thing.
At least it shows your season high otherwise you'd have 64 only on your profile. I hope my one doesn't decay as my girlfriend is staying over the week and we've been playing on her profile so mine is getting neglected and might decay.

LiK

At least it shows your season high otherwise you'd have 64 only on your profile. I hope my one doesn't decay as my girlfriend is staying over the week and we've been playing on her profile so mine is getting neglected and might decay.

good, we can still play together as long as you don't reach Master lol

aeolist

Banned
Last night I had my very first experience with someone on the other team quitting. So I guess there's proof that it does happen to people other than me (although about five more need to happen in my favor for everything to even out - lol).

I'm starting to think I just need to suck it up and really study Reinhardt. So many Reinhardts are so terrible at this game. I wouldn't consider myself "good," but at least I press W when standing in chokepoints.

rein is super difficult in pubs, if you're going to try make sure you do it when people seem responsive to your directions. let them know when you're pushing/charging/ulting and make sure they protect you if you get flanked because most of the time you won't be able to do anything yourself.

the touchiest part about playing rein is the enemy rein mindgames. knowing when they want to ult, knowing when they're dropping shield so you can ult, knowing when it's a good idea to charge them, etc.

LiK

i was playing solo last night and a guy who picked Rein in King's Row on Attack simply stalled at the choke. I was D.va and I even rushed in TWICE and he was still at the fucking choke. It was no wonder my I got slaughtered by the enemy team with no support. I literally had to walk in front of him and kept going around the statue for him to follow me in. We finally captured the point but holy shit that was frustrating.

People need to learn to fucking push. Stop being pussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom