• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You will be fit in no time.

CsUvYtiXgAAgBDK.jpg

Jellie

Don't worry about it. I was just joking in my post, I didn't mean anything serious with my previous post.

I think I am gonna play more tanks now, No matter how well I play as Lucio I feel like I can't contribute enough to push more wins.
She went to 2999 😂 then got put up against a team averaging 3800. They had 2 grandmasters and 3 masters. Guess they don't want her to get diamond. Didn't do too badly but our mccree ended up sitting outside spawn all game.

Season 1 I solo'd with Lucio to 70 so I think Lucio is able to carry. Season 2 I changed to zarya cos she is probably the best for it now.

Did a match last night on PS4 where there was a group of 3 diamonds on the other team, with 3 randoms. One of the randoms hadn't placed yet, which is what they said can't happen. So, yeah, Blizzard still has work to do.
Thought it was they can't group up with diamond and above if doing placements. Can still get matched though?

mellow

I main support and I have no problem with anyone asking someone to switch if they're playing something stupid that's clearly gimping the team. Even if they're DPS. Asking people to switch happens like 5% of the time anyway from experience. Not many players on console use a headset anyway.

Skii

Think I'm going to play a couple of games now so if anyone wants to party up, send me an invite. Hopefully I can get platinum.

She went to 2999 😂 then got put up against a team averaging 3800. They had 2 grandmasters and 3 masters. Guess they don't want her to get diamond. Didn't do too badly but our mccree ended up sitting outside spawn all game.

Season 1 I solo'd with Lucio to 70 so I think Lucio is able to carry. Season 2 I changed to zarya cos she is probably the best for it now.

Thought it was they can't group up with diamond and above if doing placements. Can still get matched though?

carry me Jellie pls.

Gorillaz

One of the newcomers here, thanks the free weekend and I'm enjoying myself so far and playing fairly well (I think)...but man, my win loss record is atrocious. I'm 24-44 (level 16) at the moment. I'm switching between Roadhog and Zenyatta for now depending on the situation, and feel I hold my own, but me and 1 or 2 friends with some randoms seem to often find ourselves running into juggernaut teams.

Then again, perhaps I'm worse than I think I am, as I did get a message two nights ago from a friendly fellow calling me an effing moron and blaming me for a loss. He seemed nice.

Zen goes down a bit easily and roadhog is hard to get down at first because he's such a target for everyone else especially in building up the meter.

I would mess with the offense based guys a bit as well iirc. like 76

I did not know that shields took precedent over armor. If Torb gives you an armor pack Zen will hold that 275 armor and it won't go away until his 150 shields go down first.

Jellie

Think I'm going to play a couple of games now so if anyone wants to party up, send me an invite. Hopefully I can get platinum.

carry me Jellie pls.
What's your sr. You might be out of range if you are below platinum unless your really close. I'm 3407. I'm not really carrying her though, just playing on her account every other game.

Danj

What the hell is this crap, both teams went to the end with the payload on King's Row competitive and then instead of being declared a draw or something, it goes to sudden death????? I thought they eliminated sudden death, but no, now it's just double the bullshit.

Very unhappy right now.

mellow

I mean who doesn't after The Last Bastion?

But seriously, that skin is so freakin weak. They just painted a blizzcon logo on his default skin that's it.

I mean I'm not too familiar with Blizzard games since I never really play them but I kinda think they've been really lazy with the content updates so far. We're what, almost 4 months in and we've gotten 1 map, a few weak skins, some new emoticons (these are actually pretty cool) and 1 new character. I guess if Sombra is on the way in the next few weeks it's alright? but 1 new map every 4 months? when the game only had a few to begin with, eh.

Bearthgar

Banned
Having a tough time choosing between Baldreich and Griefhardt Reinhardt skins. I already have Lionhardt, so I'm leaning towards the mossy one.

Playing on Anubis - we take the first point in under a minute, have a decent immediate push on the second point but don't take it. I'm being Tracer and am juking and jiving around the point, spend about three four minutes picking off stragglers and doing general annoyance that Tracer does. Eventually realize none of my teammates have gotten near/touched the point the entire time I'm doing all this and wonder why.

Turns out both of our tanks have decide to switch to Genji and Hanzo, giving us a team of two Genjis, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Mercy, and me as Tracer. -_-

Needless to say we lost. But why? Why did they switch? WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?

I mean I'm not too familiar with Blizzard games since I never really play them but I kinda think they've been really lazy with the content updates so far. We're what, almost 4 months in and we've gotten 1 map, a few weak skins, some new emoticons (these are actually pretty cool) and 1 new character. I guess if Sombra is on the way in the next few weeks it's alright? but 1 new map every 4 months? when the game only had a few to begin with, eh.

TIL a few = 12

I want more maps as much as the next person, but I'd much rather have less frequent maps at the quality they've been reaching than having more frequent half-assed ones.

Veelk

Banned
After deflecting a scatter arrow against Hanzo and killing him: "fucking bullsheet genjinoob"

I will never understand this insult. If you lose to them, how are they the noobs? Even if their exploiting a game inbalance or whatever, that means they know the game enough to do so.

Just makes no sense.

matmanx1

One of the newcomers here, thanks the free weekend and I'm enjoying myself so far and playing fairly well (I think)...but man, my win loss record is atrocious. I'm 24-44 (level 16) at the moment. I'm switching between Roadhog and Zenyatta for now depending on the situation, and feel I hold my own, but me and 1 or 2 friends with some randoms seem to often find ourselves running into juggernaut teams.

Then again, perhaps I'm worse than I think I am, as I did get a message two nights ago from a friendly fellow calling me an effing moron and blaming me for a loss. He seemed nice.

I wouldn't worry too much about win/loss ratio in Quickplay, especially when you are just starting out. It's fun to win but it is better to learn the maps and the heroes and what works and what doesn't. As you gain experience and skill, the wins will come.

This has happened. Bless you Stylosa for pointing it out. Fuck those whiny meta bitches.

https://youtu.be/TQC9iAexr1E

I am liking this guy's videos more and more recently.

You will be fit in no time.

CsUvYtiXgAAgBDK.jpg

I wouldn't be fit I would be dead from over exertion. Or at least severely incapacitated.

fhqwhgads

That free weekend must've really worked wonders. I'm seeing Hanzo and Bastion players in virtually every game these days.

On the flip side I feel like I'm the only Winston player anymore ;-;

antitrop

This has happened. Bless you Stylosa for pointing it out. Fuck those whiny meta bitches.

https://youtu.be/TQC9iAexr1E
lol at people wanting McCree over Soldier because "the meta". McCree is better in the hands of a top-level player, but anything below Masters/Diamond, you're gonna see a lot of McCrees that can't even medal in damage.

It's very common in lower ranks to see someone start off as McCree and then switch to Soldier halfway through the match, when they realize they haven't done jack shit.

R0ckman

lol at people wanting McCree over Soldier because "the meta". McCree is better in the hands of a top-level player, but anything below Masters/Diamond, you're gonna see a lot of McCrees that can't even medal in damage.

It's very common in lower ranks to see someone start off as McCree and then switch to Soldier halfway through the match, when they realize they haven't done jack shit.

Ehhh I would argue that the lower you go the harder it is to use McCree in general. His kit has a lot of blind spots that require you to have good team support. You can't throw a single pro McCree in a 2000+ ranked game and expect him to carry. I'm decent with him and will not touch him unless I have a support and tank that I highly trust.

matmanx1

Yeah I'm just not terribly comfortable playing as a DPS class. If I have to I will pick Reaper or Pharah on certain maps and phases but otherwise I leave that to other folks. The Soldier vs Mcree argument is pretty silly to me. The vast majority of the time when playing Comp people should play whatever hero they are best at given the map and situation. Ask me to pick either one and you will be handicapping the team regardless, hehe (but then again I am comfortable with all the supports except Anna and play a decent Zarya!)

So what's the thinking behind meis ult? Why did blizzard expand it's spread by two meters? That things always been a headache, even pre-buff. Did they think she wasn't annoying enough?

And I'm still seeing lots of Mercy POTGs.

Welp, time to not play this game for a while if my internet keeps on throttling me to +500ms numbers constantly, might as well give everyone Tracer's blink ability.
So what's the thinking behind meis ult? Why did blizzard expand it's spread by two meters? That things always been a headache, even pre-buff. Did they think she wasn't annoying enough?
It's a sign for Zenyatta to use his ult and reap all of the heals.

And I'm still seeing lots of Mercy POTGs.

Old Mei Ult

Freeze! Don't Move (Watch as everyone gets out of the Ult unless they are already backed into a corner.

New Mei Ult

Freeze! Don't Move (Watch as the person you actually throw the Ult on gets frozen, and anyone else who is just super unobservant.

Realize the following characters can get out of Mei's Ult with relative ease:

Genji
Tracer
Reaper
Pharah
Junkrat
Widow
Winston
Zarya
DVa
Mercy
Lucio

Hell, a Lucio can get his entire team out of a Mei Ult with a non-cooldown abilitiy.

The funniest thing is that the people who bitch about the meta are the ones that insta-lock their DPS character. Also, I laugh at anyone who tells me to switch to another tank/healer to better suit THEIR needs. Not gonna happen, if everyone picks DPS and they get mad at me for picking Ana as a healer, tough shit, someone else pick a diff healer. Or when they want me to pick Reinhardt even though my gold weapon is with Zarya. There are times where I do pick Reinhardt (rarely) but it's because of how I feel would better suit the team comp, not because they tell me. They can flame me all they want, they're the ones that need to step it up if I'm getting gold for what actually matters for healer/tanks (object time/kills & healing).

Azoor

I really hate it when people refuse to switch from a DPS, Blizzard did it's best to make healing and tanking fun in Overwatch and yet they refuse to switch.

There is a reason why most played characters are Mercy,Lucio,D.Va and Reinhardt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom