• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meta report is in:

Torb, Bastion and Widow are my 3 least used heroes by a longshot and I haven't even unlocked comp yet lol

but yeah zarya is probably gonna get hit with a nerf even when she doesn't need one, oh well

hope they buff widow to make her usable

antitrop

they're amazing lol, can one shot 250 health heroes if fully charged I think

Yeah, I had a 3/4 HP Reaper chase me into the saloon on Hollwood for a little 1 on 1 action yesterday, but I just backpedaled while charging the Volley and one-shot him without even needing the Discord.

Without a Discord Orb, you need to get a headshot with the Orb Volley to 1-shot a 250HP hero, though. A fully-charged volley to the body, without Discord, will only do 230 damage.

Torb, Bastion and Widow are my 3 least used heroes by a longshot and I haven't even unlocked comp yet lol

but yeah zarya is probably gonna get hit with a nerf even when she doesn't need one, oh well

hope they buff widow to make her usable

Obviously they just need to buff Bastion, which will act as a deterrent to Zarya players.

Rad-

Has anyone tried the 4 tanks 2 supports tactic? Rein, Zarya, Roadhog, Winston, Lucio and Ana so basically similar to 3-3 but now with even more tanks.

Soldier really fell out of the meta huh ?
McCree is just a far better hit scan. Better gun, better ult, CC, and his roll is decent. The only thing soldier has going for him are his mobility and his healing station, but McCrees perks outweigh Soldiers heavily.

A skilled McCree>>>>>>>>>>>A skilled Soldier

xaosslug

Has anyone tried the 4 tanks 2 supports tactic? Rein, Zarya, Roadhog, Winston, Lucio and Ana so basically similar to 3-3 but now with even more tanks.

would this work tho? Reaper's pretty much a hard pick in most games... seems like ult-fodder for him, unless the enemy Reaper's terrible... and then there's Zenyatta. Seems like it would be a bloodbath. >_<

Improved aim assist really. Nothing has changed about her range.
tbh, I never understood the reactions to the AA buff. I've never really noticed a difference other than the fact that Genji and Pharah are much easier to kill, which they needed to be. As for everything else, the game feels the same. Just saying. That's just me though....

Kysen

Just had a heartbreaking loss of a round.

T9ddL3h.png

I was mashing Q the entire time hoping. Luckily the match ended in a draw.

Skii

would this work tho? Reaper's pretty much a hard pick in most games... seems like ult-fodder for him, unless the enemy Reaper's terrible... and then there's Zenyatta. Seems like it would be a bloodbath. >_<

Reaper is great 1v1 against a tank with the element of surprise but he has no chance vs 2 tanks. Tanks can hold their own against Reaper as long as they know how to disengage. Only one that can't cope is Winston.

Crazy enough, if you had the pistol out and landed just one bullet hit you may have gotten that Res out. I've learned to always have the gun out when you're not healing or buffing. It may not seem like much for a Mercy to throw random shots around but it can make or break having a Res.

Nimby

Banned
Soldier is perfectly fine, but when you have god aim like most top tier players, McCree just does more damage than Soldier. You can't just simply buff damage, because if Soldier does more damage than McCree, it would just be the opposite situation. You gotta switch up or buff his utility, maybe he could have a quicker cooldown on his helix, or his healing radius increased.

Rad-

When that happens switch to your pistol and shoot at the nearest tank (easier to hit headshots -> faster ult) to gain ult charge.

This has happened. Bless you Stylosa for pointing it out. Fuck those whiny meta bitches.

https://youtu.be/TQC9iAexr1E

While I agree with the overall message of the video, asking/expecting anyone to SOLO Tank and/or Heal is absolutely ridiculous. There is no situation (save for overtime dramatics) where you can tell me having 4 DPS Heroes are acceptable. I don't care if you're best role is DPS.

I agree that the meta doesn't strongly resonate with the entire Comp OW base save for the upper echelon, Good Team Composition will always apply no matter what in my opinion.

Soldier is perfectly fine, but when you have god aim like most top tier players, McCree just does more damage than Soldier. You can't just simply buff damage, because if Soldier does more damage than McCree, it would just be the opposite situation. You gotta switch up or buff his utility, maybe he could have a quicker cooldown on his helix, or his healing radius increased.

Let him thrown his healing pod the same way Ana does and you've got yourself a great backup healer.

Ramirez

tbh, I never understood the reactions to the AA buff. I've never really noticed a difference other than the fact that Genji and Pharah are much easier to kill, which they needed to be. As for everything else, the game feels the same. Just saying. That's just me though....

Your posts reek of basically saying its sour grapes or something. Zarya's beam was buffed, whether it was intentional or not, who knows, but this isn't just in players heads. I noticed it the first freaking time I used her post patch, lol.

Improved aim assist really. Nothing has changed about her range.

This simply isn't true, maybe it is just AA, but it increased her effective range some how. I could hold her beam just as well before the patch and was not getting hit markers at the length you do now.

Your posts reek of basically saying its sour grapes or something. Zarya's beam was buffed, whether it was intentional or not, who knows, but this isn't just in players heads. I noticed it the first freaking time I used her post patch, lol.

This simply isn't true, maybe it is just AA, but it increased her effective range some how. I could hold her beam just as well before the patch and was not getting hit markers at the length you do now.

I've personally noticed that I actually play for headshots now. Before, headshots seemed so risky that I wouldn't even bother, I would just shoot for center mass. Now, I can light up tons of people as 76 because I'm landing headshots like crazy. To the point that I'm building up a reputation.

Nimby

Banned

Prove it then. I haven't noticed any changes and I practically main her in ranked.

change his stun to a healing sack. already better.
I didn't realize Soldier had a stun &#128064;

I'm not saying it's sour grapes, I'm just saying I haven't noticed a real difference in AA in general other than against Pharah and Genji. I wasn't really talking about Zarya in general as I didn't play her a whole bunch before the patch(RIP Roadhogs hook).

I still think Zarya isn't OP, she's just very useful. Like Lucio, for example, isn't OP, but he still is the most picked hero because he's that useful. I think Zarya is in the same boat as him.

The only time I've ever had trouble with a Zarya is when it's obvious that my team is ignoring her. If my team realizes she's on the other team, she becomes much less of a threat and we can take her out before she utilizes her high energy.

I really hate it when people refuse to switch from a DPS, Blizzard did it's best to make healing and tanking fun in Overwatch and yet they refuse to switch.

I thought I was going to have that situation last night, but got an unexpected happy ending. We had a Mercy and I had already played Lucio 3 games in a row so I chose Ana as our 2nd healer, and my Soldier 76 teammate kept bitching at me to switch to Lucio. I told him to pick Lucio himself if he wanted one so bad... and he actually did (the absolute madman). I switched to Reaper and we ended up steamrolling the rest of the match.

Filben

Playing when everyone is off of work and school. You fucked up playing over watch in the early evening friend

Gotta do that shit later in the night
And don't play when the kids are back from school. Teenage rage and toxic behaviour incoming. Better to play at midnight or morning when those entities aren't playing.

Odd enough, you only get credit towards Objective time if you are contesting/capturing a KotH point.

If you already own the point, and stand in it, your time doesn't go up.
That kind of makes sense tbh. It would be dumb if you got objective time for just standing there doing nothing while waiting for the other team to push.

Watcher

i just bought overwatch last night anyone wanna show this noob the ropes?
basedgod#1725 on americas. is there a way to add overwatch gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom