• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
4679 average healing for mercy

3,933 for lucio

am I really good with mercy or really bad with lucio?

With supports, I tend to add healing + damage. So whichever character you have more combined score of healing + damage (averages), then that's your better character.

Mercy = Lowest damage, highest healing
Lucio = Low damage, high healing
Ana = Medium damage, medium healing
Zenyatta = Highest damage, lowest healing

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Neither. Mercy heals more than Lucio. What makes Lucio good is his utility elsewhere.
If you're doing it right you can heal more as Lucio. Mercy can only single target heal. To maximize Lucio's healing potential you want to utilize your position and proximity to heal as much of your group as possible in any given moment.

BigDug13

Depends on the map as far as Lucio or mercy healing more. If the entire group is together and taking damage Lucio can provide 75 hps/sec unamped and 240 hps/sec amped across the group.

Jayhawk

Healing output also depends on the time spent on a map. Quick play numbers will be around half the numbers you'll see from people doing competitive match, since you're only going on attack or defense and not both. Plus, there will be a big difference in numbers on assault and hybrid maps if either team holds on the first point.

I love being able to hit 12k+ healing and 12k+ damage in the same competitive match as Zenyatta sometimes, but those are the super close matches that go down to the wire. I'll take a 4k+ healing, 4k+ damage quick win too.

antitrop

My average healing with each is 8.8k with Zenyatta, 11.7k with Mercy, and 12.6k with Lucio. I don't play Ana. :p

That's in Competitive, though. Averages will be much higher than Quick Play, because the matches are longer.

Redmoon

Currently 0-5 in placements.

All I want is a team that works together and doesn't play it like a DM. Sad to see that QP has more teamwork than Comp.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Healing output also depends on the time spent on a map. Quick play numbers will be around half the numbers you'll see from people doing competitive match, since you're only going on attack or defense and not both. Plus, there will be a big difference in numbers on assault and hybrid maps if either team holds on the first point.

I love being able to hit 12k+ healing and 12k+ damage in the same competitive match as Zenyatta sometimes, but those are the super close matches that go down to the wire. I'll take a 4k+ healing, 4k+ damage quick win too.

Hell, i had an ana steamroll yesterday where i only heaed 500 yet that was enough to build an ult to capture both points in under a minute.

Does matchmaking work off level number or other criteria. Just had like 8 matches in a row where we were all under 10 against all 20 some things and got beyond fucking rekt. It was infuriating.

Does matchmaking work off level number or other criteria. Just had like 8 matches in a row where we were all under 10 against all 20 some things and got beyond fucking rekt. It was infuriating.

Many other criteria aside from level. Sadly no one knows exactly but level is definitely not the only factor.

Hm. So I finally gave Zenyatta a try for a few games today and I really like him. He's good at offense and healing, and works well at long range. Definitely a nice change of pace.

I have started playing Mei. I always play Pharah/Mercy normally, but I am getting tired, as I play more and ranking with slightly better players, of missing all my shots. Mei is great. Mei is love.

I do feel kind of bad because I know how supremely annoying it is to play against her. Anyway.

I have started playing Mei. I always play Pharah/Mercy normally, but I am getting tired, as I play more and ranking with slightly better players, of missing all my shots. Mei is great. Mei is love.

I do feel kind of bad because I know how supremely annoying it is to play against her. Anyway.

I've found myself in a similar position. I've started playing different characters because too many people know the counters for the characters I used to mainly play. It's nice to mix things up after 20 hours of playing Pharah. :3

I do wish they would make Symmetra viable on console again, though. I loved playing her.

aGMpQj6.jpg

Fuck. Yes. Solo queue ended up working out after all. Though it helped that my last match had an absolute godlike Tracer on my team. Now the long road to Diamond begins

cyborg009

Banned
Fuck. Yes. Solo queue ended up working out after all. Though it helped that my last match had an absolute godlike Tracer on my team. Now the long road to Diamond begins

Nice I had a shutdown right now with solo queue. Seems like its best to team up with 2-4 people always has good results for me.

I had a real WTF moment yesterday, I was chasing a McCree and somehow he died, turns out Pharah stealth saved me.. GIF is short I popped my ult right at the very end of the GIF, one of those find out what happens next on NEOGAF.com

It was a quintuple kill for the win, as the payload marker was right there

x82HbaQ.gif
Zarya has a pretty good primary fire....

Prelude.

So, after 6 matches in solo queue:

1- Lijiang. 1 healer, 1 tank. I asked them to pick another one so that I could pick the other, no one replied, 2 people went afk sometimes. Lost.
2- Anubis. 1 leaver. 1-1. Draw.
3- Ilios. As soon as I joined a lv400 was shittalking someone on my team for some reason (he was saying he's a top player or some shit) and picked Torbjorn just to troll. Lost spectacularly. Like "people in front of the spawn" lost.
4- Completely forgot what it was, I'm not even sure if we won or lost.
5- Dorado. It went ok on attack, but on defense we had a Hanzo that wouldn't switch and Symmetra that switched too late. We could have won easily since we just needed a second tank so I could keep playing Reaper against their 2 tanks, but it wasn't terrible. Lost.
6- King's Row. Good balanced match, did some miraculous saves on defense with Genji. Won.

Started at 2560, ended at 2505.
I need some teammates, yes, or I can see season 1 repeating.

I just had the weirdest match in ranked, both teams capped really quickly on Volskaya, and a group rage quitted after the 2nd round.

Right after they left, instead of announcing who will attack next, the game randomly decides to throw us into King's Row, as if the match just began for the first time. Everyone and 2 randoms that joined were there.

Zarya has a pretty good primary fire....

I started the fight at 0% energy and was using primary, I switched to mortar to disrupt his aim and does surprising amounts of damage. I should of alternated back to primary yes, but by then I was already committed. When the inevitable Zarya nerf's happen, ya'll mothafuckas need to be ready to use the alt fire.

xaosslug

So, after 6 matches in solo queue:

1- Lijiang. 1 healer, 1 tank. I asked them to pick another one so that I could pick the other, no one replied, 2 people went afk sometimes. Lost.
2- Anubis. 1 leaver. 1-1. Draw.
3- Ilios. As soon as I joined a lv400 was shittalking someone on my team for some reason (he was saying he's a top player or some shit) and picked Torbjorn just to troll. Lost spectacularly. Like "people in front of the spawn" lost.
4- Completely forgot what it was, I'm not even sure if we won or lost.
5- Dorado. It went ok on attack, but on defense we had a Hanzo that wouldn't switch and Symmetra that switched too late. We could have won easily since we just needed a second tank so I could keep playing Reaper against their 2 tanks, but it wasn't terrible. Lost.
6- King's Row. Good balanced match, did some miraculous saves on defense with Genji. Won.

Started at 2560, ended at 2505.
I need some teammates, yes, or I can see season 1 repeating.

know that feel, bro. I had an insane winning streak yesterday, but after a win, loss, win, loss streak it's been nothing but defeat after defeat. LOL

T__T

Nimby

Banned
We are now 4 tanks 2 support. Ugh. Hope this gets toned down fast, this Reunited vs. NiP match is so boring and snowball-y. Nano Boosts up twice or more in one single push, jeezus.

Prelude.

know that feel, bro. I had an insane winning streak yesterday, but after a win, loss, win, loss streak it's been nothing but defeat after defeat. LOL

T__T
The worst thing is that, most of the times, you lose for stupid reasons. I don't know why some people play like that in competitive when they're lv1/2/300.

I wonder if it's an intended side effect that bad Mei players are a detriment to both sides? STOP WALLING MY GRAVITON SURGE TEAM MEI! YOU'RE NOT A-MEI-ZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom