• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC

My WM is absurdly bad, easily has the worst winrate for me but it's nice snipe practice if there's an Ana on the team.

Yeah, she's a great sniper for practice. I have maybe 45 minutes on Widow and after like 6 hours of Ana hopped over for one match and went like 22-5 out of nowhere lol. I try to add any Gaffers I find here so feel free to add me: Bumbletron#1178

Heh, iddqd found possibly one of the better Bastion mains in the world a few days ago on his stream

So Bastion lovers, have hope, maybe you can be like this Bastion main! :p

lZlmpJw.png

* I take no responsibility for anyone that chooses to main Bastion following the viewing of this post

Please don't blame me ;_;
...he's only played bastion? What the fuck

Edit: oh for comp s2

LiK

Damn, I wonder if they patched the Waste Not trophy glitch. Tried tagging 3 guys and got a quad Ult kill and no trophy popped....

LiK

Ah good, adjusted Soldier sensitivity some more and I'm much more accurate now. Should be able to counter Pharahs now. 👍🏻

Moonkid

Ah good, adjusted Soldier sensitivity some more and I'm much more accurate now. Should be able to counter Pharahs now. 👍🏻
What sensitivity do you have it on? I'm around the late 20s and I wonder if I should drop it more.

Finally got enough competitive points to buy a golden weapon. Zenyatta is my main but I'm not sure that it's a "striking" enough difference.

Are the projectiles golden when launched, too?

LiK

Finally got enough competitive points to buy a golden weapon. Zenyatta is my main but I'm not sure that it's a "striking" enough difference.

Are the projectiles golden when launched, too?

You'll seen them glittering and stuff. Very noticeable. Seemed more noticeable after they patched the game for S2.

zoukka

so I played the new brawl and Reins firestrike one shotted my full health Zarya... how much does firestrike as a headshot deal?

deranked a little bit yesterday :( I'm shit at this game, but making slow progress trying to crawl out of the 12xx mines lol. Was feeling pretty good ending at 1444 last night, figured one more game, lost, try again, lost, try again, lost. Had enough and went to sleep.

How do you guys..."suggest" strategies to your teammates? Solo queuing yesterday for example we were defending on Hollywood and every one went up to their spawn. I was already so frustrated I just muted the mic, but honestly even if I wasn't I'm not sure how to come off as

1.) not a bossy tryhard fuckbag, but
2.) more forceful than a telemarketer pleading to sell you duct cleaning

last night was full of teams like that and I kept my mouth sure before I added toxicity to someone's day over a game. Should have just logged off instead of falling into the gambler's fallacy.

Auctopus

Overwatch |ot| Sombra waiting simulator 2017

Overwatch |OT6| S͔̠̗͎̤̹̺͓ͤ͒̓ͭ́̇ǒ̢͕̤͓̼̐̔̉͗̓̄̑̈ͅm̴̸̰̟͕͇̦̂̇̊̌ͧͭͨ̂̚b̯̲̐̒ͮr̎̓̀͟͏͈ȁ̢̗͊ͫ͐̌́͝ ̭͖̬́ͪ͠͡i͙̼̝̠͍͔̮͌ͭͤ́̎ͣ̊̀̚͝s̷̴̳͖̦̼̥̟̓͑ͪ̽̇̾ͥ̎ͅ ́̃҉҉̩̫͈̮̪̣̣p̟͍̩͎̹̜ͭ͌r͓̟̜̹̙̮̣̳͐ͧ̓̇ͭͦ͞oͧ͏̴̤͜b̸̟̰̣̞̠̭̺̯ͮ̔͢a̷͚͙̮͊ͣ͝ḅ̱̲̦ͭͩ͘͢l̘̈́͜ŷ̷̨̯͍͉͓̳̞ͩ ̜̣͓̉ͧ̐̎̅̂̏̃̿n̢̢̳̟̖̝̖̗̳̄͌̎̍̚ȩ̳̞͔͚̫͖ͩ̉ͦ̄́͘x̶̡͙̣̦͈̃ͮͫ̈́̀̎̋͑ͬ̀ͅt̼̤̤̦͕̲͇͂ͬ͌̄͠ ̸͓͇̭͒ͣ͗͊ͩ̍͜w̨̘͍͎̦̭̘͌͆ͤ͐ͩ̆ͣ͂e̵̯̮͍̰̋͌͑͋̈́́̿̕͟ͅe͖̘̥̺̱͙̞ͬ́kͣ͛͑͆͒͏̭̘̞̹̮̼̞̻͈.̶̝̞̺̰͙̣̟̮̇ͭ.̛̺̫̤̮̤͉͆.̺̜͓͎̐ͮ͋̾ͭ̂ͫ̅̚

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
deranked a little bit yesterday :( I'm shit at this game, but making slow progress trying to crawl out of the 12xx mines lol. Was feeling pretty good ending at 1444 last night, figured one more game, lost, try again, lost, try again, lost. Had enough and went to sleep.

How do you guys..."suggest" strategies to your teammates? Solo queuing yesterday for example we were defending on Hollywood and every one went up to their spawn. I was already so frustrated I just muted the mic, but honestly even if I wasn't I'm not sure how to come off as

1.) not a bossy tryhard fuckbag, but
2.) more forceful than a telemarketer pleading to sell you duct cleaning

last night was full of teams like that and I kept my mouth sure before I added toxicity to someone's day over a game. Should have just logged off instead of falling into the gambler's fallacy.

"Hey guys, is it alright if we/can you please... Etc. Etc."

If nobody does anything, put up with it and try your best.

If they do, thank them and try your best.

Man, I sure hope we start getting more interesting brawls soon. I know Blizzard has said they're listening to feedback and will try to come up with different things, but at this rate I'm honestly wouldn't be surprised to see "Only Characters Whose Names End in Vowels Brawl."

zoukka

100. Can't headshot.
Someone must have hit you right before him, like a Roadhog.

That's super weird. I even checked the deathcam afterwards and there it was, a single firestrike that I didn't even dodge lol. Maybe a bug. Even two strikes at once wouldn't do it...

LiK

Man, was playing QP before work and was so close to getting Bastion quad kill trophy and fucking Roadhog and Zarya always fucks me over. Just needed one more, sigh

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
A collection of OT6 title suggestions so far for my (and everyone's) reference...

Overwatch |OT6| Sombra Waiting Simulator 2017

Overwatch |OT6| Nerf This! And this. And this.

Overwatch |OT6| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Overwatch |OT6| S͔̠̗͎̤̹̺͓ͤ͒̓ͭ́̇ǒ̢͕̤͓̼̐̔̉͗̓̄̑̈ͅm̴̸̰̟͕͇̦̂̇̊̌ͧͭͨ̂̚b̯̲̐̒ͮr̎̓̀͟͏͈ȁ̢̗͊ͫ͐̌́͝ ̭͖̬́ͪ͠͡i͙̼̝̠͍͔̮͌ͭͤ́̎ͣ̊̀̚͝s̷̴̳͖̦̼̥̟̓͑ͪ̽̇̾ͥ̎ͅ ́̃҉҉̩̫͈̮̪̣̣p̟͍̩͎̹̜ͭ͌r͓̟̜̹̙̮̣̳͐ͧ̓̇ͭͦ͞oͧ͏̴̤͜b̸̟̰̣̞̠̭̺̯ͮ̔͢a̷͚͙̮͊ͣ͝ḅ̱̲̦ͭͩ͘͢l̈́͜ ̘ŷ̷̨̯͍͉͓̳̞ͩ ̜̣͓̉ͧ̐̎̅̂̏̃̿n̢̢̳̟̖̝̖̗̳̄͌̎̍̚ȩ̳̞͔͚̫͖ͩ̉ͦ̄́͘x̶̡͙̣̦͈̃ͮͫ̈́̀̎̋͑ͬ̀ͅt̼̤̤̦͕̲͂ͬ͌̄͠ ͇ ̸͓͇̭͒ͣ͗͊ͩ̍͜w̨̘͍͎̦̭̘͌͆ͤ͐ͩ̆ͣ͂e̵̯̮͍̰̋͌͑͋̈́́̿̕͟ͅe͖̘̥̺̱͙̞ͬ́kͣ͛͑͆͒͏̭̘̞̹̮̼̞̻͈.̶̝̞̇ͭ ̺̰͙̣̟̮.̛̺̫̤̮̤͉͆.̺̜͓͎̐ͮ͋̾ͭ̂ͫ̅̚

Overwatch |OT6| You, Mei, and McCree

Overwatch |OT6| We're All Gremlins Now

Overwatch |OT6| One Hanzo, Two Hanzo, Red Hanzo, Blue Hanzo

Overwatch |OT6| A Match Made in ELO Hell

Keep 'em coming/vote for what you like. I'll post the new OT when we hit the limit or I get back from work. :X

How's the game to play solo?

It can be a lot of fun, but it can also be frustrating. You're less likely to get frustrated if you have a group of people to play with. I play solo far more often and I still get a lot of enjoyment out of the game, but I get frustrated a lot less often when I'm in a group.

We have a bunch of Mei players in the thread, right? Yesterday I powered through the last of my placement matches and a bunch of games (woo, I ended up in gold and my day ended only slightly behind where I got placed in terms of points lol) and I saw a bunch of Meis. Was the buff that made her ult go through shields really that big of a buff or did I just happen to run into a lot of Mei players.

Jumping on the 'Dont nerf Zarya train'.

Here's my suggestion for OT6, although it might be too close to OT4's:

Overwatch |OT6| One Hanzo, Two Hanzo, Red Hanzo, Blue Hanzo

Or alternatively:

Overwatch |OT6| A Match Made in ELO Hell

maouvin

A collection of OT6 title suggestions so far for my (and everyone's) reference...

Overwatch |OT6| Sombra Waiting Simulator 2017

Overwatch |OT6| Nerf This! And this. And this.

Overwatch |OT6| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Overwatch |OT6| S͔̠̗͎̤̹̺͓ͤ͒̓ͭ́̇ǒ̢͕̤͓̼̐̔̉͗̓̄̑̈ͅm̴̸̰̟͕͇̦̂̇̊̌ͧͭͨ̂̚b̯̲̐̒ͮr̎̓̀͟͏͈ȁ̢̗͊ͫ͐̌́͝ ̭͖̬́ͪ͠͡i͙̼̝̠͍͔̮͌ͭͤ́̎ͣ̊̀̚͝s̷̴̳͖̦̼̥̟̓͑ͪ̽̇̾ͥ̎ͅ ́̃҉҉̩̫͈̮̪̣̣p̟͍̩͎̹̜ͭ͌r͓̟̜̹̙̮̣̳͐ͧ̓̇ͭͦ͞oͧ͏̴̤͜b̸̟̰̣̞̠̭̺̯ͮ̔͢a̷͚͙̮͊ͣ͝ḅ̱̲̦ͭͩ͘͢l̈́͜ ̘ŷ̷̨̯͍͉͓̳̞ͩ ̜̣͓̉ͧ̐̎̅̂̏̃̿n̢̢̳̟̖̝̖̗̳̄͌̎̍̚ȩ̳̞͔͚̫͖ͩ̉ͦ̄́͘x̶̡͙̣̦͈̃ͮͫ̈́̀̎̋͑ͬ̀ͅt̼̤̤̦͕̲͂ͬ͌̄͠ ͇ ̸͓͇̭͒ͣ͗͊ͩ̍͜w̨̘͍͎̦̭̘͌͆ͤ͐ͩ̆ͣ͂e̵̯̮͍̰̋͌͑͋̈́́̿̕͟ͅe͖̘̥̺̱͙̞ͬ́kͣ͛͑͆͒͏̭̘̞̹̮̼̞̻͈.̶̝̞̇ͭ ̺̰͙̣̟̮.̛̺̫̤̮̤͉͆.̺̜͓͎̐ͮ͋̾ͭ̂ͫ̅̚

Overwatch |OT6| You, Mei, and McCree

Overwatch |OT6| We're All Gremlins Now

Keep 'em coming/vote for what you like. I'll post the new OT when we hit the limit or I get back from work. :X

Where are those people that always says that the title is shit? It's their time to correct all the wrongs in the world
of OT titles

Kito

The zarya nerf I would like to see is the removal of her shields, or perhaps scaled to disappear at higher energies. The amount of times I'm about to get the final blow on Zarya in a 1v1 and she bubbles, stalls for a second, and outhealths me is ridiculous. IIRC in the Rogue vs Envy final, the former had a Zarya doing miracles on single digit health.

The zarya nerf I would like to see is the removal of her shields, or perhaps scaled to disappear at higher energies. The amount of times I'm about to get the final blow on Zarya in a 1v1 and she bubbles, stalls for a second, and outhealths me is ridiculous. IIRC in the Rogue vs Envy final, the former had a Zarya doing miracles on single digit health.
Wut

Like seriously, you're asking for her to be stripped of her abilities, how is that fair?

And that sounds like a case of Envy screwing up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So you basically want to delete zarya from the game then.

Also, if you can't kill zarya in between the cooldown of her shields, maybe it's more you than zarya at that point.

LiK

Removing her shields? That will never happen. The problem you're having is trying to 1v1 with her when you're not a tank killer. I'm able to take her out 1v1 as Reaper as long as I get her right after her bubble is down. Other than that, if people focus fire on her, they can take her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom