• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look at Zarya's bubble abilities:

- You can still shoot while using it - every other protective ability cancels your ability to shoot.
- Opponents who shoot it makes your gun stronger. Zarya's special, but is definitely critical in terms of DPS.
- 360° protection. Most shields
- Absorbs EVERYTHING. Some shields have their weaknesses, but NOTHING pierces Zarya's bubbles.
- Can protect against "one blow ults" which do more than 200 damage (Junkrat, D.Va, McCree, Tracer's bomb even if you're stuck).
- Cancels Discord orb when summoned (akin to Reaper Spectral form, Tracer rewind, Mei stasis).

Don't tell me it's balanced after that because a good Zarya can't be countered by a single hero.
*Lasts TWO seconds.

Plesiades

Roadhog is such a badass. Amazing combination of resilience and straight annihilation. His hook never, ever gets old, and it's not difficult to aim at all surprisingly. A good Roadhog seriously creates some annoying choke points for the enemy.

You're right about that.
giphy.gif

Soulflarz

Banned
Re Zarya
An uncharged zarya probably isn't winning a 1v1. As such, to keep zarya balanced, in a 1v1 she basically always wins.
I play a tank buster mainly and even I know 1v1ing a zarya with any decent charge is a dumb move. You can't reasonably bait the shield and you sure as hell can't win if she has it up and is slightly comptetent.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look I get it, ana can deal reasonable dps at sniping range.

Buuuuut if you're soldier and pharah help me take out the turret too won't ya?

At least we won.

Azoor

BTW, a good Pharah can easily dispose of A Zarya. Not to mention that her beam cannot reach high places, so a Soldier or a McCree on a rooftop can deal with her.

Antiwhippy

Like really, the most egregious thing about the lower level solo Q is that more often than not half your team is off somewhere on their own and leaving troublesome stuff like turrets alone.

Soulflarz

Banned
Like really, the most egregious thing about the lower level solo Q is that more often than not half your team is off somewhere on their own and leaving troublesome stuff like turrets alone.

Since I'm going to prob place 2000s on PC, I guess I should solo queue or just play with you, right? :33
if sub 2000 here I cry

Antiwhippy

If I ever see you on, sure. :p

Our playing times seem to be not that close to each other.

I doubt you'll place too low though. Have faith. It takes your own internal MMR and performance more into account than W/L.

Like seriously, one time I had to tell a DVa to not just solo cap a point and just bloody help us get rid of the turret so that the rest of the group can advance. You'd think stuff like this would be obvious, but nooooooo.

xaosslug

Why, especially on the PS4, would anyone ever pick Torb and Widowmaker on offense on El Dorado?

Why?

some peeps have no idea about any character nerfs, and Torb used to fucking OWN on defence on any map. I think it's the same w/ Symm - a mediocre Symm could run the house on console, but now you either have to be an amazingly evasive dancing Symm or you're a detriment to the team. Symm used to be a hard pick for me on defence, but now I don't even bother unless I know my team is competent. LOL

xaosslug

tfw peeps send you an invite, but you are in a match, and when you are done and try to join they're in a match or their group is full. -___-

the entire team will literally stand outside of Hollywood, scared shitless of Torb's turret.
17ANFRq.gif

BTW, a good Pharah can easily dispose of A Zarya. Not to mention that her beam cannot reach high places, so a Soldier or a McCree on a rooftop can deal with her.

ql7eHQ5.gif

Guys and gals, we really need cut it out on the nerf talk. The internet is going to turn this game into Destiny. Destiny's multiplayer was fasted paced, fun, and took a reasonable amount of skill when it came out. Then everyone started crying for nerfs to weapons they couldn't use and Bungie gave in. Now, I trust Blizzard's balancing more than Bungie's. But, saying "nerf this, nerf that" etc, is not good.
Ok u a real one.

Peak Destiny was TLW/Thorn meta. Shit I'll even take the Suros reign over what the game is now. It's not bad at all, just had the fun sucked out of it and you can tell Bungie is spooked by making something that might be good in PVP.

I haven't played in nearly a year tho so maybe things have changed.
some peeps have no idea about any character nerfs, and Torb used to fucking OWN on defence on any map. I think it's the same w/ Symm - a mediocre Symm could run the house on console, but now you either have to be an amazingly evasive dancing Symm or you're a detriment to the team. Symm used to be a hard pick for me on defence, but now I don't even bother unless I know my team is competent. LOL
Yes this is true, only at higher SR (probably 3000+) ranks will you really see the people who pay attention to this and actually pick characters who are right for the map/comp and haven't recently been hit with the nerf bat. Anything below that and it's selfish picks most likely.

Thing is, at those lower ranks those characters CAN still own, just because of lack of communication and allowing them to set up and build ult/turrets.

Antiwhippy

My girl pharah keeps getting destroyed. :(

Even I'm doing the destroying now.

Like, the amount of times I just shot pharah out of the air as ana is realllll sad. She just gets countered by so many things.

Also why even though you'd think that she's kinda an obvious counter to the 3T 3S comp, but nope. Even the fucking supports counter her.

I've been shot down by Zarya as Pharah so I know the feels.

Lik weren't you once an avid Destiny player such as myself? How do you feel about the new expansion?

Overwatch has pretty much kept me from needing to buy any new games, and I don't want to drop it cold turkey (which is very likely to happen if I go on another Destiny binge.) but my interest is certainly piqued.

LiK

Lik weren't you once an avid Destiny player such as myself? How do you feel about the new expansion?

Overwatch has pretty much kept me from needing to buy any new games, and I don't want to drop it cold turkey (which is very likely to happen if I go on another Destiny binge.) but my interest is certainly piqued.

Did it come out? I haven't paid attention to it. Actually, I forgot about it lol

LiK

Comes out Tuesday. I watched the launch trailer. It's amazing what some awesome new armor and some good music can do to me. I'm an addict for that game.

I just noticed the new trophies. I dunno, I may come back for it. But I haven't played it in over a year and I dunno what has changed. Man, they totally ruined my 100% trophy bar. Maybe wait a bit and then play with people who beat the raids already. Kinda don't wanna play the raids blind anymore.

I just noticed the new trophies. I dunno, I may come back for it. But I haven't played it in over a year and I dunno what has changed. Man, they totally ruined my 100% trophy bar. Maybe wait a bit and then play with people who beat the raids already. Kinda don't wanna play the raids blind anymore.

Did you never play Taken King? That was the best times I had with that game. I haven't played since December though and I'm always wary of jumping back in and needing to learn how everything has changed.

Azoor

tfw peeps send you an invite, but you are in a match, and when you are done and try to join they're in a match or their group is full. -___-

the entire team will literally stand outside of Hollywood, scared shitless of Torb's turret.
17ANFRq.gif

ql7eHQ5.gif

But it's true, she can't reach me when I'm on a rooftop.

bigzgod

I hope to God that Blizzard doesn't nerf her. All the tanks are pretty darn balanced.

Even though Roadhog's hook has some weird glitches and an insane vertical hitbox.

I'm almost certain Zarya will be nerfed, even if she shouldn't be. All the pros are expecting it as well.

Soon, 3/3 (triple tank triple support) will be the new meta and Zarya will be an integral part of that. If you think people are mad about her now, those shouts will only continue to get louder till Blizzard eventually does something, kind of like all the shouts to nerf Genji.

The best you can hope for if you play Zarya a lot is a small nerf, like maybe a longer cooldown on personal shield

Ana will also get nerfed as well. Her ult is literally insane, you can have it for every team fight.

We sure the 3x3 is gonna take off? Haven't tried it myself but I thought people where saying it ain't that great if they have good mid range DPS on the enemy team.

LiK

Did you never play Taken King? That was the best times I had with that game. I haven't played since December though and I'm always wary of jumping back in and needing to learn how everything has changed.

TTK got old fast. I got bored of the random generating quests after a while. I got all the trophies for TTK as well. I was a hardcore player. KF HM raid was a pain and once I got that trophy I quit.

bigzgod

We sure the 3x3 is gonna take off? Haven't tried it myself but I thought people where saying it ain't that great if they have good mid range DPS on the enemy team.

The pros are very concerned about 3/3. A couple of Envy players have deemed it the new cancer comp and are saying that it's very hard to counter if the team knows what they are doing.

If it takes off in the OW Open in 1.5 weeks, expect ranked to follow as people copycat.

JHall

My girl pharah keeps getting destroyed. :(

Even I'm doing the destroying now.

Like, the amount of times I just shot pharah out of the air as ana is realllll sad. She just gets countered by so many things.

Also why even though you'd think that she's kinda an obvious counter to the 3T 3S comp, but nope. Even the fucking supports counter her.

Pharah is a slow moving practice range target.

Owzers

I really want to play Attack Torb, i got close in qp on a KOTH map after three people immediately chose dps, i went torb, then the other two went roadhog and winston.

You trying to shame me into support, aren't you? It worked :(

LiK

I really want to play Attack Torb, i got close in qp on a KOTH map after three people immediately chose dps, i went torb, then the other two went roadhog and winston.

You trying to shame me into support, aren't you? It worked :(

just stick with what you want. it's QP, who cares.

Win two in a row, finally push above 2200, feel good about myself.

Next game, one player can't get the game to load - he says he can't see game models for the whole match. RIP.

Next game was actually a good game, but a close loss. Hard to feel too bad about it, but still.

Next game with KOTH. One absolute fucking idiot insisted on playing a completely fucking useless Symmetra the entire game. We got destroyed. RIP. Down to 2148 from 2220.

Antiwhippy

Win two in a row, finally push above 2200, feel good about myself.

Next game, one player can't get the game to load - he says he can't see game models for the whole match. RIP.

I've had this happened. I don't know why and it's infuriating. Lost 20SR.

Had some moments where it was taking forever to load a map but made it in the nick of time.

Don't know why this happens.

Shouta

Man, I had a dream about Overwatch and I was imagining I was playing Sombra....

I think I've been playing so much Persona I needed to dream of something else...

A friend at work gave me his old scuf controller (the paddles were broken but w/e, I bought those for $13). What's your current mappings? I have mine bound X (left) - Square (right), I'm not sure that is optimal but he didn't give me the electromagnetic key thing to remap them (yet). I'm liking X on the left, not sure what to do on the right paddle.

I-hate-u

Any balance talk should always start with Symmetra. Either Blizzard up her DPS somehow and move her to the defense class, or they give her healing or better shielding abilities that builds her teleporter. She is not fine as she is, especially on console.

just had a Bastion + Torb combo on Anubis defence, and we won.
f78upz6.gif

With some dynamic positioning and occasional assistance from Rein or DVA, Bastion can really hold down B on Anubis. Most attack teams (at least the ones at my crappy level) aren't coordinated enough to take him down.

exYle

I'll probably stop playing Overwatch briefly to play ROI, but once the raid gets to farm status for me I'll do it three times a week and then probably mostly play OW. Drop in for IB and stuff. Destiny PvP always pissed me off for me to get too hooked.

A friend at work gave me his old scuf controller (the paddles were broken but w/e, I bought those for $13). What's your current mappings? I have mine bound X (left) - Square (right), I'm not sure that is optimal but he didn't give me the electromagnetic key thing to remap them (yet). I'm liking X on the left, not sure what to do on the right paddle.

I currently have X on the right and circle on the left. Mostly because I'm much more dextrous in my right hand and jumping is normally done with the right thumb anyway. I don't use the left paddle for much else other than teabagging

fhqwhgads

My personal biggest change is making it so Bastion and Junkrat don't promote really dumb play. The fact you can effectively stand behind a wall and lob grenades across the map or that the only way you'll ever get anything done as Bastion is camping makes fighting those two an utter pain. They're not OP by any means but they just suck the fun out of every game because the only way to play them effectively is by being "that guy"

Also Symmetra needs all the love in the world. Poor gal has a really fun playstyle but the only way you'll ever get to pull it off is stage 1 Numbani or stage 1 Anubis

Soulflarz

Banned
My personal biggest change is making it so Bastion and Junkrat don't promote really dumb play. The fact you can effectively stand behind a wall and lob grenades across the map or that the only way you'll ever get anything done as Bastion is camping makes fighting those two an utter pain. They're not OP by any means but they just suck the fun out of every game because the only way to play them effectively is by being "that guy"

Also Symmetra needs all the love in the world. Poor gal has a really fun playstyle but the only way you'll ever get to pull it off is stage 1 Numbani or stage 1 Anubis

Honestly, Junkrat needs some major reworking.

He's still the medal hog who does next to nothing compared to your other choices.

Then again others need it even more so shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom