• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
I don't know why, but this deeply disturbs me.

ro8bq5G.jpg

I told you...

Funny enough, I said victory screech, and the guy that got POTG that match was named victory screech 🤔

Maybe Blizz does have bots watching me 🤔

One thing I feel like I don't appreciate much is how effortless it is switching from first-person to third-person for the necessary characters/abilities. It always feels natural and smooth and not all games have that.

Neat.

Wait how is that possible? How much does a blank range headshot do? There's no way you can take 3 people solo in 8(?) shots.

This trophy comes from the same people who thought Zenyatta getting 4 discord assists in 6 seconds was a feasible idea, too.

I agree, but I would be down with alternative ults for all characters.
That could be interesting as long as it is clear somewhere beforehand. Like it would need to show on the character portraits or something, and have very distinct and obvious callouts.

It'd be a bitch to get right though.
I agree, I really hope they won't ruin it like what valve did with TF2. When you face against Widowmaker or Pharah, you know what to expect from them.
Yeah, I forgot to mention TF2 but that's a perfect example.
Alternate weapons (like in TF2) are functionally different characters. They'll never do alternate weapons; they'll just add new characters.
I hope so!

(Where is Sombra)

For the love of legendary Symmetra skins, teammates, please stop rage quitting. 5 consecutive games with at least half of my team leaving after 1 round.

MastAndo

Pardon my naivety, but a few friends and myself are getting into the game and working our way toward competitive season mode. We're varying skill level from not so good, to pretty good, but I'm trying to ensure that we'll be able to play together competitively. Is it possible if one of us does poorly in placement matches that they'll start too far behind, skill rating wise, to play with the others (or any similar scenario)?

I really hope they don't do alternative loadouts whatsoever, the main reason why I prefer this to TF2.

Also in your guys' opinion, what's the worst ult and why?

My friend says Deadeye but I disagree.

komaruR

Pardon my naivety, but a few friends and myself are getting into the game and working our way toward competitive season mode. We're varying skill level from not so good, to pretty good, but I'm trying to ensure that we'll be able to play together competitively. Is it possible if one of us does poorly in placement matches that they'll start too far behind, skill rating wise, to play with the others (or any similar scenario)?

just play together in the placement and see from there.

AcAnchoa

I played with some friends this night, mostly quick play matches. It was nice to relax for a bit, try new characters and have almost no-one going apeshit on the chat.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People complaining about Bastion Attack against bots.

Just wut.

If 40 dollars for a skin that isn't even a top 5 skin of a low tier hero is worth it to you....

Yeah, I was gonna buy the pass for the Bastion and Diablo pet. But then I saw the $40 tag and MichaelJordanLaugh.gif'd Blizzard out the door.

Yeah, great, so glad the reward for the Blizzcon ticket is a Bastion skin. Because if there's one thing I really wanted to see more of in this game, it's definitely people playing Bastion.

Yeah, not really my night for Overwatch. Maybe I should just resign myself to the Platinum points at the end of the season, and go back to Quick Play where I don't feel quite as stressed.

I'm probably gonna buy the Blizzcon digital ticket....wouldnt be the most outrageous thing I have spent my money on.

Every year I buy the twitch premium stream for the FFXIV Fan Fest which gives out exclusive items as well.

Like...

I think I've played DPS once in the last 20-30 games because everyone picks them. At least 75% of my games I've had to play Zarya.

It seems like people are willing to play DPS and healer, but not as willing to play tank. It's odd. Whatever, I'm getting close to being a top 1000 Zarya(1141), so that's pretty nice.

Overall, today was a good day, even though I only went up 27 points lol.

Skii

Got my shit kicked in by 3 Tracers. I switched to McCree only to realise that flash bang mapped to a face button isn't a good idea...

Kouichi

Whew, finally made it to Diamond! Started off with a lot of bad loss steaks after placements but I finally managed to get a real solid win streak going today. Won 12, lost 6. D.VA, Zarya, and Symmtera pushed me forward.

Ok, I know I've been saying Roadhog sucks now because of the buggy hook, but after getting back into playing him since S1(got bored of him after playing him so much, so I put him down for a bit), and I just got to say...

I'm glad to have my fat hooker back.

Still a bit rusty, but I'm definitely getting back into him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I don't know what is with me and assault characters, but even though I feel like I do alright when I'm playing them I feel like I can't buy a win with them. I don't really even know where to start diagnosing the problem.

Stats aren't the best way to gauge performance, but I feel like I do alright generally other than the can't win part? Like I'm probably not the next taimou, probably, but man.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I want Blizzard to insert mirrors into the game. Then I want to look into the mirror as Symmetra and give myself a shield boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom