• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
Man, I don't know what is with me and assault characters, but even though I feel like I do alright when I'm playing them I feel like I can't buy a win with them. I don't really even know where to start diagnosing the problem.

Stats aren't the best way to gauge performance, but I feel like I do alright generally other than the can't win part? Like I'm probably not the next taimou, probably, but man.

UydBKpe.png
I don't even know what to do in matches to help up win at this point. What sucks most is I gain less and loose more when I play Lucio so in a 50% win ratio I tank my score.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Like...

I think I've played DPS once in the last 20-30 games because everyone picks them. At least 75% of my games I've had to play Zarya.

It seems like people are willing to play DPS and healer, but not as willing to play tank. It's odd. Whatever, I'm getting close to being a top 1000 Zarya(1141), so that's pretty nice.

Overall, today was a good day, even though I only went up 27 points lol.

I hear this a lot but find I need to play support a lot when I'm a tank main. Blizzard pls.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i ALWAYS see people picking tanks and never see anyone want to play support

though the only tanks people seem to want to play in solo queue are zarya and roadhog

Man, I don't know what is with me and assault characters, but even though I feel like I do alright when I'm playing them I feel like I can't buy a win with them. I don't really even know where to start diagnosing the problem.

Stats aren't the best way to gauge performance, but I feel like I do alright generally other than the can't win part? Like I'm probably not the next taimou, probably, but man.

You got 6 medals with Reaper, so you seem to be quite good with him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't even know what to do in matches to help up win at this point. What sucks most is I gain less and loose more when I play Lucio so in a 50% win ratio I tank my score.

Hmm, actually I seem to be pretty even in my rank gain/loss as lucio. Sometimes more actually. Like last night my gains with him were pretty good.

I feel like stuff like elims and off. assist does play into it quite a bit though...

Honestly I hate playing Offense heroes. The only one I feel like I'm good enough to not be a detriment in ranked with is Reaper and maybe Tracer.

Like 80-90% of my Ranked playtime is Tanks and Healers. And most of my quickplay is the same

I don't know what these stats say to me about my Zenyatta plays, I think I'm doing okay for some character I started playing primarily for comp. a few days ago.
Except for that 20 win to 25 loss ratio, and my accuracy

What do you guys think about Symmetra? I know she's not right at the bottom ATM, but what do you think would make her more viable?

Unnerf her turrets on consoles first and foremost. Maybe increase the amount of shielding she can give? (To like 50 instead of 25). Lower the cooldown on placing turrets (10 seconds is silly, especially when they die from being simply bumped). And maybe some teleporter tweaks?

Right now shes not much use other than a teleporter slave, especially on console. Occasionally I'll get a really good killstreak/PoTG with her in Quick Play, but I wouldnt dare risk using her in ranked

Unnerf her turrets on consoles first and foremost. Maybe increase the amount of shielding she can give? (To like 50 instead of 25). Lower the cooldown on placing turrets (10 seconds is silly, especially when they die from being simply bumped). And maybe some teleporter tweaks?

Right now shes not much use other than a teleporter slave, especially on console. Occasionally I'll get a really good killstreak/PoTG with her in Quick Play, but I wouldnt dare risk using her in ranked
I feel something similar. I also think the Torb nerf could be undone at this point but Symmetra's is inarguable. I could see the turret cooldown as well.

I think building ult charge while the teleporter is up would be nice. Even if it only builds at like 50% rate it would be better than nothing.

I doubt they will touch her shields though. Tracer and Genji running around with 200 fully recoverable HP before even getting armour might be too much.

What do you guys think about Symmetra? I know she's not right at the bottom ATM, but what do you think would make her more viable?

Simply just let her give health in some way and she'll be used more. Maybe something like she can give instant health but every individual character has their own cooldown before they can get another batch of health. She can actually do quite a bit in terms of holding ground with her turrets/teleporter and her damage ain't that bad to boot. But there are far better options in holding ground. Just give her slightly increased utility.

I have learned not to take Junkrat on in an enclosed space unless he's not looking at me. That grenade + mine combo is absolutely deadly and will bounce you off the walls as he's lining up his next grenade shot.

You know that backroom on the Nepal map that has the pit on three sides? Yeah I still have nightmares about a Junkrat hiding back there and what he did to our team as they came in the doors.

(Also, why do I always typo Junkrat as Junkrate? lol)

Haha, ok I laughed waaaay too hard at this one. It's been a long week.

Yeah, I learned my lesson about sticking my D.Va's nose into Junkrat's face the very hard way. Repeatedly.

Also- I talked smack about taking Hanzos easily with D.Va a few days ago, and since have been getting rung up by them (it's a coin flip most times, and I'm losing my meka for sure). What the hell?

Owzers

good games Owzers. the other teams tank gave me run for the money on eichanwalde lol. good thing our team managed.

you were great with Pharah, I wanted to put a leash on your Rein to keep you from the charge of doom. Fun matches though, things kinda fell apart with randoms after you left.

Ramirez

Just got a message from a Lucio telling me to never play Zarya again, nice.

It's weird how people will single you out when it's just clear the entire team is being outplayed.

It's weird how people will single you out when it's just clear the entire team is being outplayed.
Don't worry, he knows what he's talking about, trust his advice, he is never wrong.

Because we all know it's never the healers fault XD

the only thing worse than 2 widowmakers thinking they'll be a positive bonus to an attacking team is a "friendly" Mei that actively fucks us over

y'all are over 25 now, stop being stupid

Gotta find that one person to blame to make themselves feel better. People send the stupidest hate mail in this game, and I love to call them out on it. (Usually met with silence, or a quick block user)

aeolist

Banned
ahh it's so nice to have a little win streak

last game with 56 elims/17k damage with tracer, it feels so good when you're just untouchable and constantly zipping around blowing people up

Ramirez

Don't worry, he knows what he's talking about, trust his advice, he is never wrong.

Because we all know it's never the healers fault XD

I always calmly explain what was happening on my end, sometimes it works, not this time.

He was mad I didn't ult, but Zen and Mercy were both up with Ults, so I was trying to pick them off. Got the Zen, but Mercy swooped in and used res. By that time the rest of my team was dead and then I followed.

But really, our team makeup was shit, and we had a guy who switched 3-4 times on point B. But yea, blame me, whatever helps.

When 10 elims is gold deep into the 2nd round, I think you have much bigger problems than how your Zarya is using her ult.

I just found out about the xp bonus for being in a group

why tho
Why not?
I always calmly explain what was happening on my end, sometimes it works, not this time.

He was mad I didn't ult, but Zen and Mercy were both up with Ults, so I was trying to pick them off. Got the Zen, but Mercy swooped in and used res. By that time the rest of my team was dead and then I followed.

But really, our team makeup was shit, and we had a guy who switched 3-4 times on point B. But yea, blame me, whatever helps.

When 10 elims is gold deep into the 2nd round, I think you have much bigger problems than how your Zarya is using her ult.
Yeah hate mail is so dumb and pointless sometimes. I had one game where I was absolutely shitting on their Roadhog as Tracer. I just kept bombing him lol. He then sent a message saying something like "you think you're good because you're using the easiest character in the game? I hope your parents are divorced."

He even sent me a party invite before that. I'm guessing he wanted to tell me the easy way lol. I just responded with a simple "hook better". Got no reply, oddly enough.

Chance

Siiigh just lost the match that woulda' put me over 2500.

Me solo + 5 stack. Their 5th man goes Symmetra. Switches in round 4 to Ana. There was not a round 5.

I mean Sym can own KotH but only when you're already ahead >.<

like I'm pretty fucking lenient and relaxed with online shooters but when I pick first and choose McCree and then 5 randoms fill in with all other offense characters... like come the fuck on.

I really don't care if you're the worst support or tank in the world but it's common courtesy to not do that shit, let alone the game has all caps tooltips saying what you need. I'm not asking for amazing skill or a meta team composition.

even if I switch to a support or tank to compensate your selfish ass we're still down one or the other

fuck

Pretty soon the counter meta will be 5 tanks and 1 support lol.

And lol Psycho that makes me rage so hard. I insta pick Zarya or Reinhardt, and we get 4 or 5 fucking Offense/Defense heroes. Then the moment I go healer, some fucker swaps to Reinhardt or Zarya that I just hopped off of. If I didnt care about my rank so much, I'd throw that shit lol

Ramirez

I dunno how you make it to Diamond and still think pushing their spawn alone at the beginning of the match is a good idea? lol

And the classic 2 teams vs 6 randoms, blizz just nailing it as always.

komaruR

you were great with Pharah, I wanted to put a leash on your Rein to keep you from the charge of doom. Fun matches though, things kinda fell apart with randoms after you left.

yea, im more of a aggressive tank. i tried playing as defensive as i can lol

I wonder if his shield should come back, not with 1000 HP though.

Or have it be like D.Va's DM? When he goes into turret mode he has a shield that deteriorates over time, probably pretty quickly. The shield regenerates when he's out of turret mode, after a delay. Maybe he should also have 50 less hp when in turret mode? Make Bastions stop camping and move around. It'll only help everyone involved.

Except it literally doesn't affect you gameplay wise if you get an XP bonus or not? I don't see the problem. This game was meant to be a game that is played with other people. They're just encouraging that.
the encouragement to group up is to win and have fun with whoever you're playing with, you'll naturally get more xp from playing in a group anyways because you'll probably win more often

I don't see the need to kneecap xp gain for solo players

the encouragement to group up is to win and have fun with whoever you're playing with, you'll naturally get more xp from playing in a group anyways because you'll probably win more often

I don't see the need to kneecap xp gain for solo players
They're not though. They made it where solo queue is the average amount of XP you gain. Playing with friends gives you more than average.

Again, this game was designed to be played with friends.

The way that I hope they fix this is to introduce another viable tank buster. Reaper is good but he's just one man, 50% zen is way too strong and bastion lol.
I kind of consider Roadhog to be a tank buster, but he's meant for hooking squishies, but he's still good against other tanks.

Maybe Sombra will be a tank buster when she comes out :p

ISOM

I've had that happen to me when playing Mccree. And this was on a koth match where I had silver 34 elims and our team comprised of mercy/lucio and a rein or a different time when I was playing Tracer and the only one doing anything on the team. Some people just want easy scapegoats for their poor play.

Antiwhippy

I kind of consider Roadhog to be a tank buster, but he's meant for hooking squishies, but he's still good against other tanks.

Maybe Sombra will be a tank buster when she comes out :p

Yeah, he is. Problem is that he's part of those 3/4 tanks, so that doesn't really address the problem. :p

...but the end result is the same...
But you said that they are kneecapping solo queuers and that just isn't true. Solo queuers get a good amount of XP, but playing with friends gives you a little bit more, it's that simple.

It's for a bunch of dumb boxes that don't change the game in any way, why is this such a big problem?

Antiwhippy

Like really, the real danger of 3T3S is that nanoboosted rein does not need ult, and being nanoboosted builds ult like crazy, so it's this constant snowball of nanoboosted rein > rein earthshattering.

LiK

Game keeps lagging me at the start of every match. Doesn't settle down until after a death. wtf

I could barely move, sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom