• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he is. Problem is that he's part of those 3/4 tanks, so that doesn't really address the problem. :p
Yeah, I guess that is a problem lol
Like really, the real danger of 3T3S is that nanoboosted rein does not need ult, and being nanoboosted builds ult like crazy, so it's this constant snowball of nanoboosted rein > rein earthshattering.
Inb4 people call for Ana and Rein to be nerfed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah ana ult is definitely getting nerfed

Leaning on agreeing, but then what else can you do to compensate?

Another tank buster is my favourite solution, but that'll be awhile.

Wouldn't be surprised to see rein/hog/zarya/ana/lucio close to S or A sometimes soon though if this keeps going.

But you said that they are kneecapping solo queuers and that just isn't true. Solo queuers get a good amount of XP, but playing with friends gives you a little bit more, it's that simple.

It's for a bunch of dumb boxes that don't change the game in any way, why is this such a big problem?

but you could turn that around and say grouped players are making the average xp and solo players are making less than the average

the point is you get less XP for playing solo for some strange reason

0-6 tonight, what the fuck, lol.

That feel when your Rein switches to Hanzo. o_O
That was a bad one. Me and you almost pushed it all the way to the end at the last minute there. Those dudes were just endlessly complaining. And I'm pretty sure they were the two worst on the team. The Rein was one of those kamikaze dudes and I had more kills than the DPS as Zen :/

"Winston should be buffed"
"Hanzo should be nerfed"
"Genji still kills me"
"Mei"

I can't take it. I seriously can't. And yet I keep reading these forums. They are SO entertaining though. Some of these people's reasoning is hilarious.

Someone said Genjis nerfs weren't enough because three of them weren't actually nerfs, but bug fixes. Just LOL.

Surprisingly no Zarya stuff though, weird.

"Hanzo should be nerfed"
"Genji still kills me"
"Mei"

I can't take it. I seriously can't. And yet I keep reading these forums. They are SO entertaining though. Some of these people's reasoning is hilarious.

Someone said Genjis nerfs weren't enough because three of them weren't actually nerfs, but bug fixes. Just LOL.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749078307

Even when this was a joke post, some people still agreed with all his points.

This game is fucked.

literally nobody agreed with his points

is Roadhog better on attack or defense? He seems to do well on both in my personal experience, maybe slightly better on defense?

He's my best Hail Mary character- when I die as the Payload is approaching it's destination, and my ult is spent. I have actually pulled it out about 10% of the time. He's good for shock value, like Winston.

Nimby

Banned
"Hanzo should be nerfed"
"Genji still kills me"
"Mei"

Surprisingly no Zarya stuff though, weird.

Winston needing to be buffed is the most wtf thing I've seen. "He has crap damage and dies too easily!"

Also, the amount of entitlement, even for Widow and Symmetra threads is just frustrating. Just wait bro, your fixes are coming lol

Winston needing to be buffed is the most wtf thing I've seen. "He has crap damage and dies too easily!"

Also, the amount of entitlement, even for Widow and Symmetra threads is just frustrating. Just wait bro, your fixes are coming lol
They fixed McCree immediately after they broke him though, meanwhile they broke Widow in that same patch and haven't fixed her since. It's odd.
There will be some people who really don't know though. Few agreeing while most don't isn't that ridiculous.

Yeah, there's always gonna be a few people, not sure why you're so concerned about what a few B.net forums people think about balance.

They fixed McCree immediately after they broke him though, meanwhile they broke Widow in that same patch and haven't fixed her since. It's odd.

Yeah, there's always gonna be a few people, not sure why you're so concerned about what a few B.net forums people think about balance.
Because those are the people Blizzard listen to for balance.

Reddit too, but they are basically the same.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Don't worry, he knows what he's talking about, trust his advice, he is never wrong.

Because we all know it's never the healers fault XD
As a healer, I now make it a point to spam "Group up with me/Come to me for healing" to every single player, sometimes I'll do it until someone acknowledges me at which point I will then spam it again for good measure.

Antiwhippy

Because those are the people Blizzard listen to for balance.

Reddit too, but they are basically the same.

Not really. A lot of the balance changes i feel is geared towards the pro scene.

If they listened to people on bnet and Reddit mei wouldn't get buffed haha.

a mei buff would make me so happy, and others so salty, which in turn would make me even more happy

anyway i'm almost at rank 25, should I just solo q if I don't have dedicated friends to play with on ps4?

Joining a comp match with a 5 stack and me being the lonely solo Q and they all stay in group chat is depressing.

Also sad when I was Zarya/Dva, getting silver elims/damage while there is a reaper and mccree in the team...

Antiwhippy

a mei buff would make me so happy, and others so salty, which in turn would make me even more happy

anyway i'm almost at rank 25, should I just solo q if I don't have dedicated friends to play with on ps4?

Sure, just have fun and not stress so much about rank. It's a better format and better team comp more often than not.

Ugh, people need to give up on the idea of separate queues for solo and groups. Blizz obviously doesn't want to do it and for good reason.

1. Longer queue times
2. 5 queue literally impossible
3. seperates the player base more

At this point, if I'm a solo queuers and I get put up against groups, I don't make a big deal. It's literally unavoidable in a MP game. The game tries to find equal numbers, but eventually, it's going to just try and find a game real quick because no one wants to sit in queue forever.

Finally finished my placement matches tonight with my friend - I ended up 2358. Better than I expected considering out of our first five matches, three had leavers and a fourth my friend's internet connection died halfway through. Thought I was going to be super unlucky and end up in Silver for a minute but we streaked and won the last four matches and I had great games in all of them.

With a little luck I'll be able to push up to Platinum since I'm close-ish. Crossing my fingers. Also now that my placements are done I'm free to team up with any GAFers for competitive!

Well, 2-2 today on comp. So far it's either being steamrolled or doing the steamrolling. Somehow in all of them I've had really bad DPS's on the team and somehow the enemy team had amazing flankers. Except this one junkrat on one enemy team who just lobbed grenades onto the point from a distance all game and thats all he did...

Antiwhippy

Well, 2-2 today on comp. So far it's either being steamrolled or doing the steamrolling. Somehow in all of them I've had really bad DPS's on the team and somehow the enemy team had amazing flankers. Except this one junkrat on one enemy team who just lobbed grenades onto the point from a distance all game and thats all he did...

Welcome to the majority of junkrats I've gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom