• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

Just got a message from a Lucio telling me to never play Zarya again, nice.

It's weird how people will single you out when it's just clear the entire team is being outplayed.
Lol are you me? I just had the exact same angry message from a Lucio. Except I was playing quick play. If I'm not allowed to practice characters which I suck at in QP, where the hell am I supposed to do it?

I told him to get his own team of 6 if randoms in QP aren't matching up to his lofty standards. He doesn't even play comp.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just had an amazing game with randoms. At first we were getting slaughtered really bad, we were down 2-0 and saw no hope of coming back. I switched to Pharah and kill after kill we started to pull through and got 1 win by the skin of our teeth. Next game came same plan they had no idea how to counter my Pharah even though they had a soldier and mcree. Won the next game by a slightly bigger amount however their D.Va on their team managed to kill 5 of us with her ultimate ability. I was sure it was over but we fought back. Game 5 now winner takes all, my team seems to have gained more confidence, my heart is pounding, adrenaline is going. You can sense the desperation from the other team seeing how they kept switching their strategy and we remained with ours. Cant remember the map but the capture point is in the middle and both teams can cross a bridge to get to it as well as go around back.

Their team came out strong with a good Genji however we countered him well. They captured the point and held it at 95% we thought it was over........but it wasn't. The team rallied back nicely and we managed to hold it and before they could pull off their Ults as a last tactic I used Pharahs pulse bomb and knocked 5 of them off the bridge and we were able to take the game and complete the comeback. My legit reaction to it. I also managed to hit Platinum rank with this win, smile from ear to ear, what a great game when you're with good team mates

PE.gif

Sidenote: Genji still feels OP and slippery as usual. Also for Mei I dont mind her buff for her Ult but feel her primary snow stream fire reaches way to far, times when I was Pharah and at decent height she was able to freeze me still, felt like it was BS. However what a comeback

LiK

I just got kicked for inactivity in Comp even tho I was not inactive. Also couldn't rejoin. Lovely.

Edit: looks like it's happening to a bunch of dudes on both teams.

Fuck man, lost SR as a result.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just got kicked for inactivity in Comp even tho I was not inactive. Also couldn't rejoin. Lovely.

Edit: looks like it's happening to a bunch of dudes on both teams.

Fuck man, lost SR as a result.

Were you stuck in loading?

Happened to me.

Damn. I played against a really good Mercy- and she was only level 27. She was flitting everywhere, alternating between heal and boost perfectly, and rezzing at just the most inopportune time (for us). I (D.Va) started hunting her down, passing up easy kills just to get to her. Wiped her repeatedly in one Attack/ Defense game on Volskaya. We won both rounds.

Then we go to the next match and SHE'S ON MY TEAM! I was so happy. We were emoting in chat, and she followed me to start out. At which point I had pretty much the worst two games in a row I can remember. Like, under 1.0 K/D, with every 50/50 decision I made turning out poorly. I was mortified. We lost both games badly.

I was planning on Friend Requesting her on PSN, but, after the debacle, was just too ashamed.

So, it you're reading this, MRT-RULES, you are an amazing Mercy. Sorry I shit the bed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
is Roadhog better on attack or defense? He seems to do well on both in my personal experience, maybe slightly better on defense?

I think he's better on defense. When you're near a choke, getting a pull from the attackers makes the game a 6v5 so they normally have to slow down which is great for stalling. His ult is always situational but can be a nice stall to push people away from a point when time is about to run out.

Attack can still work fine since the same principle can apply, but it's more likely an attacking hog against a defense will have a harder wall to break to get those pulls.

I think he's REALLY good on king of the hill maps. I love having a hog zarya combo on those since their ults work well together and he's able to pull supports more due to the big fights that happen. He's also really good against Winston who is most common here.

woo boy I thought the stat tracking was silly for QP but it's even worse for comp since it punishes you not only for switching mid-game but now for switching between games

wanna play as Mei only on defense? prepare to have half the average damage totals you should be getting I guess

LiK

Somethin about teaming up with Lik man. We always go on a really nice streak. Got back into the 3300's and had a new season high until that very last loss.

GG's

I was doing pretty well as Rein. Almost managed to stay alive by myself until next CP but then Zarya Ult hit. :(

I think we have good synergy. Just play well and we win even with mediocre teammates.

Ferga

Worked my ass off to win 3 games in a row after a bad losing streak. Then I get 3 afkers in a row.

Bloody kill me.

Don't think I'm getting to Diamond anytime soon with this luck.

darklin0

Banned
Worked my ass off to win 3 games in a row after a bad losing streak. Then I get 3 afkers in a row.

Bloody kill me.

Don't think I'm getting to Diamond anytime soon with this luck.

Welcome to the club.

dontforget.png

In other news, I am at my all time season low!

LiK

Climbed back into 2916 with Vault. So almost back above 3000. Might just take a break when that happens. Don't care about decay much.

Sorry just saw your message Lik. For tonight we are just 3 manning for a bit, everytime we do 4+ we have terrible luck with opposing teams being premade or insanely skilled

My policy now is if I lose 2 comp games in a row I quit. If I come back and lose my first game I take a break.

Haven't dropped significantly since I adopted this strategy or played much Overwatch tbh

zoukka

Mei's are now officially more annoying as allies than hanzo's in S1. At least hanzo couldn't fuck up your entire team with bad walls.

wait so roadhog's alt-fire does more damage if an enemy is farther away kinda?

time to go to the practice range and see the ideal distance I guess

Rad-

yeah ana ult is definitely getting nerfed

I think Blizzard will eventually nerf her ult charge rate. It's just as good as Mercy's was before they nerfed it. Potentially even better if you can hit all your healing shots. But if they do this she will need a big buff in other areas to make up for it.

LiK

What's your season high?

3042. Had a string of bad games earlier this week which dropped me to like 2800s. Shouldn't be too hard to get back up. Just need you or Vault to be my wingman.

Edit: Just won and lost another one in a 4 man group. so I'm 2919 atm.

Sorry just saw your message Lik. For tonight we are just 3 manning for a bit, everytime we do 4+ we have terrible luck with opposing teams being premade or insanely skilled

Yup, np.

Jellie

I don't even know what to do in matches to help up win at this point. What sucks most is I gain less and loose more when I play Lucio so in a 50% win ratio I tank my score.

Hmm, actually I seem to be pretty even in my rank gain/loss as lucio. Sometimes more actually. Like last night my gains with him were pretty good.

I feel like stuff like elims and off. assist does play into it quite a bit though...
Yeah I think offensive assists and eliminations are a big factor. Probably offensive assists being the most. I gain more than I lose usually.

God tonight sucked. Managed to come out a bit higher than when I started (And finally got that damn Anger Management trophy), but had to send so many damn rage messages tonight.

Had one too many matches where people would all lock down characters, refuse to heal, and then refuse to swap to heals. (Even if they were terrible and we proved we could do better if they just healed). Even had one guy tell us to go back to quick play and stop being free, yet he was playing Hanzo on Ruins despite us begging him to heal or pick literally any other character.....

Antiwhippy

Yeah I think offensive assists and eliminations are a big factor. Probably offensive assists being the most. I gain more than I lose usually.

I think the problem is that many people play lucio as the passive healer out of obligation but he can do so much more.

darklin0

Banned
I think my season low has been 1497.

EDIT: and at this rank, I get put in teams like this:
RIP friend. At my rate I'll join you soon.
Which totally blows. I play very Obj heavy, denying capture and pay load pushing which leaves very little time to just sit there and shoot at people. I am usually the first in and last out of the points while still managing to out heal the average Lucio. Yet somehow that counts for nothing in the current point system. I average about 19 gain and 28 loss which makes me so much more irritated than any possible person playing the game badly can.

Antiwhippy

Just start speedboosting during team fights. It helps more than it doesn't.

My default once everyone is healthed up is speedsong.

Also actually makes playing lucio fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom