• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Went up to 195X, dropped back to 1893. Two losses in a row can really fuck with the rating lol.

Why are you so low? :( (No insult intended, just surprised)

I finally broke through 2500 today. SoloQ is still the way to go for ranking up for me. Way easier than playing with premades.

Lagamorph

Ok, I'm not sure if it's the latest Windows 10 updates or what, but I just cannot get this game to launch now.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game entirely, but any attempt to launch the game just immediately results in "Overwatch Application has stopped working"
Very occasionally it will launch, and rarely I'll get up a battle.net error report to submit, but the vast majority of the time, just an immediate crash.

Jellie

I think the problem is that many people play lucio as the passive healer out of obligation but he can do so much more.
Yeah speed boost is way better than the healing. Preventing damage is typically better so you don't let them build ult. Hurts your sound barrier though.
Which totally blows. I play very Obj heavy, denying capture and pay load pushing which leaves very little time to just sit there and shoot at people. I am usually the first in and last out of the points while still managing to out heal the average Lucio. Yet somehow that counts for nothing in the current point system. I average about 19 gain and 28 loss which makes me so much more irritated than any possible person playing the game badly can.

I should record my matches, speedboost is my bread and butter.
Lucio shouldn't be the first one in. He should be with the team. Also if you are dancing on the payload you can shoot and boop people off it. I don't recommend dancing on the payload unless the other team is pretty bad at aiming.

Recording would be useful. Your average offensive assist stat is pretty low so maybe you speed boost at the wrong time? Best way to find out is to record.

Wait how is that possible? How much does a blank range headshot do? There's no way you can take 3 people solo in 8(?) shots.

Point blank Reaper headshots do way more damage than you'd think. I don't have the exact numbers, but I've two-shot solo killed a lot of people with Reaper.

EDIT: And I do have that trophy.

TrueBlue

Winning a comp match after a team mate leaves is inmensely satisfying.

6 minute hold out at Hanamura B after being steamrolled at A. Love it!

mellow

Wait how is that possible? How much does a blank range headshot do? There's no way you can take 3 people solo in 8(?) shots.

I got lucky in one game and got three solo kills from 5 reaper shells/bullets (2 Lucio's and a Junkrat) idk the exact number but they definitely do huge damage at point blank range to the head

and wow I'm in full on tilt mode the last couple days, losing close to 300 rating for a multitude of reasons, ranging from being unlucky to just playing poorly, I keep seeing people on my friends list having huge swings too so I guess it's the norm

it's weird though, for the first week or so of comp I was always getting more pts for winning than I lost but it's the opposite now, even when there isn't a noticeable diff in being underdogs or the favorite..thogh you supposedly lose more for being on a streak right?

I don't see why that's a bad choice. That Hanzo player may have been the best player in the game (or maybe he was just a friend of the Ana of course). The Hanzo hate is a tiny bit ridiculous.
Because most of the what the nano boost does isn't very valuable on Hanzo, and the damage boost is mostly wasted on a hero that already does very high burst damage. If the nano boost made your weapons autolock on targets, then yeah, it would have more value on Hanzo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't see why that's a bad choice. That Hanzo player may have been the best player in the game (or maybe he was just a friend of the Ana of course). The Hanzo hate is a tiny bit ridiculous.

He's not a great target for nano boost because his damage comes from a slow rate of fire, needs precision, and doesn't benefit from the speed and armor increase.

Because most of the what the nano boost does isn't very valuable on Hanzo, and the damage boost is mostly wasted on a hero that already does very high burst damage. If the nano boost made your weapons autolock on targets, then yeah, it would have more value on Hanzo.

Ah, that's fair enough, makes sense. I've seen nano-boosted Seagull Hanzo do great, but then of course few people are on that level or play Hanzo that aggressively.

75 points away from diamond...

So the powers that be decide "you know what? we need to put Owl's team of mismash stacks and single players against co-ordinated 6 stack players three times in a row!"
Cheers matchmaking, boy these steamrolls sure had me learn a thing or two!

I-hate-u

I was playing Ana once for the lulz and accidentally boosted a Lucio :<
In my defence he was jumping up and down behind the Rein, but my team were still probably thinking "wtf?"

Ana needs a soft, then a hard lock for her ultimate. Too many times I boost the wrong target.

Blues1990

Our Ana Nano Boosts a fucking Hanzo...

I still think the worst characters a Ana could Nano Boost will be the healers, specifically Lucio and Mercy.

Though I do love it when Symmetra gets pumped up, as a competent attack Symmetra can tear the opposing team apart with the buff.

Kuro

Should I be suspicious if a level 12 player with a china flag avatar and a name that consists of only 1 letter has perfect aim and is playing with high mmr people already.

I still think the worst characters a Ana could Nano Boost will be the healers, specifically Lucio and Mercy.

Though I do love it when Symmetra gets pumped up, as a competent attack Symmetra can tear the opposing team apart with the buff.

My friend inadvertently boosted me as Zenyatta which wouldn't be too bad had I not also been pressing my ult down at exactly the same time.
FEEEEEL THE OVERWHELMING SURGE OF TRANQUILITY!

Azoor

I know Nano boosting a Hanzo isn't the worst. But we had our tanks and a Genji with an ultimate ready. Hanzo was a bad call IMO.

A boosted scattershot at least must be capable of some prime bullshit.
Not really. The only difference it would make is that he would be able to one shot Winston, Dva, Rein, and Roadhog, and three of those have some way to block it anyways.
I mean.

Not really?

Thing about boosting abilities like scattershot is that they don't really need that extra bit unless you want to one shot a roadhog or something.
I would freak the fuck out if I saw a nano boosted Hanzo aiming at me as Roadhog lol.

Blues1990

My friend inadvertently boosted me as Zenyatta which wouldn't be too bad had I not also been pressing my ult down at exactly the same time.
FEEEEEL THE OVERWHELMING SURGE OF TRANQUILITY!

"Come towards me, brethren. I'm one with the iris."

I will agree that a Nano Boost Zenyatta on attack is something I never want to experience again. Especially since we were prepared to deal with one of the tanks, but their Ana charged up their Zen and he wrecked our shit from above.

I know Nano boosting a Hanzo isn't the worst. But we had our tanks and a Genji with an ultimate ready. Hanzo was a bad call IMO.
I mean, there are so many things that could've happened there.

1. Maybe the Hanzo walked in front of him when he was aiming at someone else.
2. Maybe he was about to die and wanted to quickly get a nano out before he did.
3. Maybe the Hanzo was wrecking shit that game and was a good target.
4. Maybe the Genji was too low health to be nano boosted safely.

I don't really know what your tanks were, so I can't comment on that, but there are so many things that could've happened on the Ana's part. She gets her ult so fast anyways that it's not as big of a deal if she just throws it out there.

Antiwhippy

Problem with boosting hanzo is that everything takes so fucking long to do. From drawing the bow to his cooldowns.

People like reaper and reinhardt are great for boosting because they can just rush in and left click away.

moojito

I don't like getting boosted as a roadhog, the hero I play most. Fires too slowly and I just rush in and die.
Good times when I have my Q up, though.

One of the things I like about the new competitive setup is that if you are on defense first and manage to keep them from taking the first capture point on either 2CP or hybrid maps, it's a little less stressful on attack because the worst you can get at that point is a draw.

Did a quick solo queue comp match this morning, played as Ana on defense and we shut down the attacking team hard. Slept a Genji right before I was frozen by a Mei ult, keeping him from killing most of my team and the Junkrat unfroze and immediately blew him to smithereens. Then switched to Zenyatta for Attack and we rolled over the enemy team, got a Team Kill and basically took the first point in under a minute. Got about 40 points out of it, inching myself closer to Platinum.

I know solo queue is eventually going to take a turn to the hellish, but at least my first match wasn't so bad!

Antiwhippy

God, I kinda hate potg because there are some people that just want that perfect potg moment and saves that ult for fucking ever.

JHall

As someone that plays Ana a lot, I can tell you first hand that it's extremely annoying when another player runs in my line of sight when I'm about to nano boost.

Also, a powered up Mei with a Blizzard is the harbinger of death

xaosslug

Why are you so low? :( (No insult intended, just surprised)

I finally broke through 2500 today. SoloQ is still the way to go for ranking up for me. Way easier than playing with premades.

it's a real sink once you get on a losing streak and fall to those levels... because the game starts matching you w/ peeps that are at that level (or below) more than peeps that fell to that level, and IMO, peeps at that level are pretty freaking inept. I mean when a Bastion or Torb is fucking your shit up it's a sad state of affairs.

it was weird, because on Lijiang Tower last night I was put with a decent team (fell to 2144) - well, we were better than the team we were facing, at least. But the enemy team had a Bastion that kept killing everyone and then it would be me vs. 4 (I would usually kill the Bastion, but by then my team was shredded). I know we were better because in the open/square control point where there was nowhere for Bastion to hide we won, but the other 2 they just couldn't get it together/focus down on the Bastion. SMH

Azoor

As someone that plays Ana a lot, I can tell you first hand that it's extremely annoying when another player runs in my line of sight when I'm about to nano boost.

Also, a powered up Mei with a Blizzard is the harbinger of death

I once Nano boosted a Tracer instead of our Reinhardt because she ran in front of me.

Kuro

Are there any plans to nerf ana's ult charge or at least her shooting speed back to what it was because I'm sick of nano boosts every minute.

Do you just not want to change anyone?
What? No. I think Widow and Torb need buffs and maybe Bastion. I don't think anyone needs to be nerfed though. Not Zarya, not Genji, not Ana. She's fine as she is. Her ult is the same as Zarya, focus fire and it can't do shit. There's a reason she gets so many. It's because most of her ults don't do anything. Her ult is probably one of the hardest to have work successfully.

And you yourself said Blizz balances on the pro scene and the last meta report had Ana somewhere near the middle, so.....

Like, Mercy getting an ult every team fight was a problem because there wasn't as much you could do about it and it literally brought you team back to life. Ana's ult is much easier to counter than that.

CC is the best counter to an Ana ult.

Menome

Finally realised that I can adjust the aim-assist percentage separately for individual characters. So that's all the way to 100 for McCree and all the way to 0 for Mercy, sticking at 50 for everyone else so far.

Mei tactics question: Should I create an ice-wall at the starting-point for attacking opponents, blocking their access to funnel them out of one door, or is this detrimental to my teammates somehow?

Banzai

I entered a comp game earlier but the game kept crashing. I was forced to reinstall. When I log back in I see I had lost 50 SR. wtf.

Winning a comp match after a team mate leaves is inmensely satisfying.

6 minute hold out at Hanamura B after being steamrolled at A. Love it!

I had a good one last night during my plunge from 2512 to 2330. Playing Lucio, enemy team pushes all the way on Attack on Temple of Anubis, and already I've pretty much written this off as a bad loss. Barely, just barely, we managed to capture Point A, but considering how long it took it's pretty obvious that this wasn't going to Round 3. And of course, one of my teammates drops. So of course the enemy team decides to charge our spawn and slaughter our underpowered team.

And a thought pops into my head: "Hmm, I wonder if... nah, no way." But I decide to try it. Head up the right side and wall-ride across the gap, and roller-blade my way right to Point B. Sure enough, absolutely nobody there. At one point the D.Va on our team must have figured out what I was up to, and she was there about two seconds later. Me and that D.Va pushed that point all the way to two-thirds full before the enemy team finally realized what the fuck was happening and turned their asses back around. Ended up not taking the point, and a second teammate dropped soon after that, but dammit if that wouldn't have been the best win ever if it had happened.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
God tonight sucked. Managed to come out a bit higher than when I started (And finally got that damn Anger Management trophy), but had to send so many damn rage messages tonight.

Had one too many matches where people would all lock down characters, refuse to heal, and then refuse to swap to heals. (Even if they were terrible and we proved we could do better if they just healed). Even had one guy tell us to go back to quick play and stop being free, yet he was playing Hanzo on Ruins despite us begging him to heal or pick literally any other character.....

Did *you* switch to a healer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom