• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO IS THE GAME DEAD ON PC? on lower levels? cant find a single match in 20 minutes

Last I checked the game search time for PC was 12 seconds.

Something is definitely not working right on your end. You sure you're trying quick play and not AI? AI matches I can see taking long.

duckroll

- Play on defend first
- Get 3 gold medals and stop them before they can get 3 points
- Feeling good on attack
- Bnet craps out and disconnects everyone just as the doors open
- Rejoin match with 2 minutes lost

Thanks Blizzard.

cyborg009

Banned
DXO957L.jpg

zXBZT3W.jpg

tmhv9tw.jpg

edDtCsp.jpg

They said the mercy did it but Im pretty sure I was the last to die on the point using my pharah ultimate.

me:
DonysS.gif

duckroll

Gotta love it our Reinhardt cannot kill a freaking Widowmaker right beside him.

It makes sense though. Rein is also one of the original OW members. Like Ana, he probably knew Widow before she got turned. Hard to smash someone you know with a hammer. Deep lore.

aeolist

Banned
It makes sense though. Rein is also one of the original OW members. Like Ana, he probably knew Widow before she got turned. Hard to smash someone you know with a hammer. Deep lore.

man i bet rein smashed that all the time back in the day AM I RIGHT GUYS UP TOP

bigzgod

No and there better not be.

Blizz better leave my grandma alone ):

She almost certainly will be nerfed. Quite a few pros are already talking about how Ana charges her ult way too quickly and some have said its worse than the old Mercy ult charge.

If 3/3 becomes incredibly popular, expect the backlash to be swift.

xaosslug

i feel like in QP I'm constantly being put on teams where peeps are just fucking around w/ a character they don't usually play, meanwhile the enemy team is coming hardcore. It's to the point where I just do the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

matmanx1

I really hope they don't do alternative loadouts whatsoever, the main reason why I prefer this to TF2.

Also in your guys' opinion, what's the worst ult and why?

My friend says Deadeye but I disagree.

I would have to say Widowmaker (because Hanzo has the same ability, just on a smaller scale). Pharah probably has the hardest ult in the game to use correctly versus a competent team though.

lmao

yeah I think doing them with a friend at 2500 was a dumb move

oh wait

idc about pc rank

I think ranks and skill levels are fairly squished on the PC. 1800 - 2800 comprises the majority of the player base and to place above or below that you have to be a fairly big statistical outlier.

How do you counter 3T3S?

4T2S!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-7szfyde0

Now, I consider myself an ana player, but her ult and heal rate combined is giving tanks way too much room to cause trouble once you know what you're doing.

Problem is nerf any of those and she's out of the meta entirely...

Interesting match. I do think Ana's charge rate is going to be lowered but they will have to give her something in return or like you said, she will be out completely.

I feel like I have little input into my team's success this season. My performance has little bearing on the outcome.

This is me, most of the time. It's one of the things that makes a loss or string of losses so frustrating sometimes. It can be very difficult to pin down exactly why it all went wrong and if you could have done something to fix it.

woo boy I thought the stat tracking was silly for QP but it's even worse for comp since it punishes you not only for switching mid-game but now for switching between games

wanna play as Mei only on defense? prepare to have half the average damage totals you should be getting I guess

Don't worry about stats, really. I stopped looking at Overbuff and the rest of those sites weeks ago and I am much, much happier.

ya, i am new though, just got the game last night so maybe thats why?

Definitely something on your end. It usually takes me less than 20 seconds.

If they nerfed Ana's ult charge, they could increase the blast radius on her grenade. Or make it heal 150 instead of 100 to give her more self healing and survivability. Or decrease the cooldown on sleep dart. Or grenade cooldown.

I don't know, Ana has so much shit that there is a lot they could give back to her.

She almost certainly will be nerfed. Quite a few pros are already talking about how Ana charges her ult way too quickly and some have said its worse than the old Mercy ult charge.

If 3/3 becomes incredibly popular, expect the backlash to be swift.

Theres cracks forming in the 3/3 meta. Bastion does a lot of work cracking it. They have nothing to really deal with a protected bastion.

It's amazing how bastion is coming back into the meta to counter these tank heavy comps

xaosslug

getting my Tracer play together for the next week in QP. I feel like she will be the character to carry me out of these depths.
KPKLHYO.gif

Theres cracks forming in the 3/3 meta. Bastion does a lot of work cracking it. They have nothing to really deal with a protected bastion.

It's amazing how bastion is coming back into the meta to counter these tank heavy comps
I personally don't think 3/3 will go very far. Top teams like Envy and Fnatic will still dominate with the usual 2/2/2 meta because of their insane DPS players. It's still too early to say though.

Also, when's the next major tourney that these teams are playing in? Haven't seen Envy play since they lost to Rogue.

The only team I've seen do it so far other than NiP was NRG, haven't seen any other teams attempt it.

words can't describe how stupid the stat tracking for comp is

I like playing some heroes only on defense or only on attack but you get punished for doing so because your stats are going to end up half than they should. they should really just make the stats reset after each match, ya know... how it already is in quick play.

do you get punished placement wise too for having low stats?

words can't describe how stupid the stat tracking for comp is

I like playing some heroes only on defense or only on attack but you get punished for doing so because your stats are going to end up half than they should. they should really just make the stats reset after each match, ya know... how it already is in quick play.

do you get punished placement wise too for having low stats?
That's how it works in comp too lol

Comp matches are longer than QP, the stats would be completely fucked if it reset after each round....

Why wouldn't you get punished for having low stats in a ranked system that is based on your performance....

Definitely not my best Tracer game, but this was a fun round. I managed to force them off the point when they were about to win in overtime, and then again get them all of the point to secure the victory.
With a really lame death in between

You might think that 90% of anything cool I do in this video is luck, and you are correct, but never underestimate being in the right place at the right time. And yes tagging the ground did indeed make it into the POTG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KELceMqfdX8

Comp matches are longer than QP, the stats would be completely fucked if it reset after each round....

It should reset after each round in Season 3 though. I want to play Mei on defense but not on offense or Zenyatta on offense but not defense but then my Mei stats and Zen stats would be half the global averages because for some reason they don't reset the tracking after each match.

I don't think you understand me maybe?
edit: and as far as your edit goes, because your stats will vary wildly if you hero switch in between rounds?

matmanx1

On the PC, what's the best way to record your own matches? FRAPS? Or is there something better? I tried Shadowplay this past week but it seems to have problems with Overwatch's overlay.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I personally don't think 3/3 will go very far. Top teams like Envy and Fnatic will still dominate with the usual 2/2/2 meta because of their insane DPS players. It's still too early to say though.

Also, when's the next major tourney that these teams are playing in? Haven't seen Envy play since they lost to Rogue.

The only team I've seen do it so far other than NiP was NRG, haven't seen any other teams attempt it.

Reunited, pine, rogue and plenty of other have gone 3/3.

It should reset after each round in Season 3 though. I want to play Mei on defense but not on offense or Zenyatta on offense but not defense but then my Mei stats and Zen stats would be half the global averages because for some reason they don't reset the tracking after each match.

I don't think you understand me maybe?
edit: and as far as your edit goes, because your stats will vary wildly if you hero switch in between rounds?
Except this game is all about switching heroes mid match........

Whippy: ah ok, hadn't seen them try it. idk, ill wait to see how this works against the best teams(Envy, Fnatic, C9, etc).

I know, and you get punished statswise in comp for switching heroes mid-match or mid-game.
And it matters, why?

Your comp placement stats aren't affected by individual hero stats, but by your overall performance.

Your stats(I'm assuming your talking about overbuff stats or something) aren't going to be tainted because it takes into account how much time you played on those characters and take your average stats.

Learn something new everyday. Apparently the ragdoll physics are generated on the fly, even for Highlights/Plays of the Match. Was watching a highlight where my Mercy rezzed two people and then got ragdolled into the stratosphere by a Junkrat mine. Got a chuckle and decided to watch it again, only to see Mercy not ragdoll at all. Tested it a few more times and Mercy flopped around in different ways each time. Kinda interesting that the flying corpse data isn't saved with the other match info for those highlights.

Why wouldn't you get punished for having low stats in a ranked system that is based on your performance....
Right it should be tracked by per min. Doesn't matter how long you play a character for then.

Am I the only person annoyed by the removal of losses in QP? Haven't seen anyone else mention it. Now after a long session I have no idea how many games I played or if I did well.

And it matters, why?

Your comp placement stats aren't affected by individual hero stats, but by your overall performance.

Oh okay, you just said it was affected by those stats so I was confused. But still, say you're a Mercy one round and a Reaper the next. Your healing for Mercy will be half of what it should be and your damage for Reaper will also be half. Would that not affect placement?

And even if it doesn't, why don't they just reset them after each match?

Blizzard

Banned
How about this idea for a new Widowmaker ult? It makes bodyshots do headshot damage for a few seconds. Or only fully charged bodyshots with the time extended a bit more, if needed for balance.

If it's too powerful, I'd accept Blizzard giving only me this version, so I could actually do damage with Widow.

Oh okay, you just said it was affected by those stats so I was confused. But still, say you're a Mercy one round and a Reaper the next. Your healing for Mercy will be half of what it should be and your damage for Reaper will also be half. Would that not affect placement?

I -think- what they're saying is, your 5 main medals (elims, damage done, etc.) are what determines placements and rank points, not individual champ stats.

Because the game takes into account how much time you played on each character, so it takes your average stats based on time played with each character.
Right it should be tracked by per min. Doesn't matter how long you play a character for then.

Am I the only person annoyed by the removal of losses in QP? Haven't seen anyone else mention it. Now after a long session I have no idea how many games I played or if I did well.
You're a little LTTP, because we've talked about it before.

And I am also annoyed, since I usually used those stats as a general idea on what I needed to improve on.

bigzgod

Envy themselves have said on stream that they find 3/3 very hard to deal with. They're calling it the new cancer comp.

Edit: Next major tournament is the Overwatch Open LAN in 1.5 weeks

Because the game takes into account how much time you played on each character, so it takes your average stats based on time played with each character.

ah ok, the more you know. I guess you won't be getting gold medals or anything but still that's better than how I thought it was.

I still think they should be reset after each match but I digress.

anyway I had a dream ft. some Overwatch characters last night (yeah....) and D.va's name wasn't D.va but "Mei-Zing". lol

Envy themselves have said on stream that they find 3/3 very hard to deal with. They're calling it the new cancer comp.

Edit: Next major tournament is the Overwatch Open LAN in 1.5 weeks
I don't know, it's still a little early to say if 3/3 will last. People are still learning about counters, like mentioned earlier about Bastion coming into play.

I think that the Overwatch Open you mentioned will really show if it's here to stay.

Blizzard

Banned
It's a bit offtopic and I know everyone throws it around everywhere, but it makes me sad when people use "cancer" lightly. I've had a family member slowly die from cancer while in horrible pain, and it's far worse than a temporary videogame meta.

bigzgod

I don't know, it's still a little early to say if 3/3 will last. People are still learning about counters, like mentioned earlier about Bastion coming into play.

I think that the Overwatch Open you mentioned will really show if it's here to stay.

The Overwatch Open will definitely be the litmus test but I think the main concern is that the main 3/3 counter strats requires comps that will get murdered by 2/2/2 and the defender can't be sure if the attacker will run 3/3 or 2/2/2. That might allow for really quick first point captures and ult snowball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom