• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently it's a reference to some sports commentator but i decided not to look it up. i like not knowing what it means lol

no prob, yea QP is a good time. fun to just mess around and we still won anyway.
Circumstances have changed and I'm actually getting back on now. I know your offline but just FYI.

If anyone else wants to do a laid back QP train feel free to inv for the 20% exp bonus.

Fair warning, I'm into the defense heroes. Lol

LiK

Got a hanzo that refused to switch during capture. At the end he boasted about getting gold elims (for what its worth, 3 of us were tied for it) and I asked how much objective time he had.

Direct quote: "I dont play for objective time. I play defense."

Needless to say we lost 1-3.

i'm imagining him saying that in the Hanzo voice and i wanna punch him.

finalflame

Got a hanzo that refused to switch during capture. At the end he boasted about getting gold elims (for what its worth, 3 of us were tied for it) and I asked how much objective time he had.

real life chat by that very same Hanzo:

zpllavj.png

I'm having a ton of fun doing this in QP. I think I've started taking this game a little too seriously and I don't think it shines when played like that.

The only games I lost were Genji and Soldier and for that one I lagged horribly at the very end, we were holding pretty well until then. Last one was Bastion and it was KOTH, we still smoked em and I got POTG.

I'm bummed I have to stop, was having a really good time. Thanks Lik.
Playing a game with all characters sounds like fun, I might try that out sometime.

My goal right now is to play 30 games with every character in QP to get a general idea how good I am with them on overbuff. It's gonna take awhile, but I do have 14 of the heroes done, but I still have Widow and Bastion left ;_;

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Clawed up to 59 only to drop back down to 58 because we totally needed a Bastion and Genji and Tracer on offense on El Dorado when that shit wasn't working. The Bastion trolled about having gold damage like a smug prick too.

Gurrry

Clawed up to 59 only to drop back down to 58 because we totally needed a Bastion and Genji and Tracer on offense on El Dorado when that shit wasn't working. The Bastion trolled about having gold damage like a smug prick too.

Good lord. God help us all.

Just played with a rank 80 that had the gold guns for Reaper already.

125 hours with Reaper in competitive alone. The next closest was 2 hours with Tracer.

Weirdly, he played Genji. He fucking slayed, of course.

Jellie

Circumstances have changed and I'm actually getting back on now. I know your offline but just FYI.

If anyone else wants to do a laid back QP train feel free to inv for the 20% exp bonus.

Fair warning, I'm into the defense heroes. Lol

Would you be on tomorrow? Laid back QP sounds good.

ramyeon

I hate bad Hanzos (Actually most Hanzos) as much as the next guy, but even a good Hanzo wouldn't have great objective time. He's right in that they're better off playing defense rather than being down and dirty on the point.

finalflame

I hate bad Hanzos (Actually most Hanzos) as much as the next guy, but even a good Hanzo wouldn't have great objective time. He's right in that they're better off playing defense rather than being down and dirty on the point.

Better off not being played anywhere near competitive, but yah. Every time I see a Hanzo in the lineup for competitive I know exactly how it's going to go and accept the fact I am going to have to bust my ass to make up for it just so we can hopefully scrape by on a win. That every time I press Tab, the Hanzo will be dead. That I will see his name more than anything in the kill feed, but not for actually killing anything. I don't even bother trying to ask people to change the comp anymore, Competitive Mode Hanzo players are the worst type of people/12 years old.

Anne

I just had the thought to learn to play Winston so that my team can have somebody good on engage and I think Winston is fun. So I went and plugged up my favorite racing wheel controller and hopped into QP. I hit shift into the enemy team, dropped a bubble, and we won every fight.

Am I InternetHulk yet?

Quadratic

Playing tonight for placement in competitive before the season ends. Anyone else in a similar situation want to grind out a few games tonight?
Btag: Quadratic#1998

ramyeon

Better off not being played anywhere near competitive, but yah. Every time I see a Hanzo in the lineup for competitive I know exactly how it's going to go and accept the fact I am going to have to bust my ass to make up for it just so we can hopefully scrape by on a win. That every time I press Tab, the Hanzo will be dead. That I will see his name more than anything in the kill feed, but not for actually killing anything. I don't even bother trying to ask people to change the comp anymore, Competitive Mode Hanzo players are the worst type of people/12 years old.
For what it's worth I've seen good Hanzo players in competitive, they do exist. Unfortunately they're usually on the opposite team.

Blues1990

Playing tonight for placement in competitive before the season ends. Anyone else in a similar situation want to grind out a few games tonight?
Btag: Quadratic#1998

Depending if you're on PC, along with what region you're playing in, then I'm down. Mine is Blues1990#1733.

edgefusion

I haven't seen a single PotG for the entire evening that isn't Genji using dragonblade. :|

EDIT: Finished another match, another Genji Dragonblade PotG. :|

Gurrry

Not saying Hanzo isnt clutch sometimes, but in that particular game, we needed help with pushing. Didnt need someone sitting back trying to rack up elims. Ofcourse it all depends on the other team comp, the flow of the game, etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just had the thought to learn to play Winston so that my team can have somebody good on engage and I think Winston is fun. So I went and plugged up my favorite racing wheel controller and hopped into QP. I hit shift into the enemy team, dropped a bubble, and we won every fight.

Am I InternetHulk yet?

I dunno, do you have half the internet trying to find out what "hack" you got for the mccree glitch? :p

LiK

Am I InternetHulk yet?

receipts please.

Veelk

Banned
I have to say, the community with this game is awesome. I got exchange yesterday after playing a match with some guy apparently. I had a really good game with him, and I guess he decided to send me several "Good game" messages, though I don't speak spanish to I can't really understand them.

him: 'Comprate una vida social gringo chupa verga hijo de puta'
me: 'ingles por favor'
him: 'Traduce vago gordo hijo de puta'
him: 'hijo de puta'
me: no clue what your saying here brah
him: 'que traduscas gringo chupa verga vago'
him: 'Jajajaja no pudiste compear mericon'

It's nice to be appreciated and spread the love :)

ramyeon

It is? I see people talking about the 50ish range hell and stuff. Besides 5/10 is average and a 55 is an F in school!
That's GAF. The community here is not representative of the wider Overwatch community, it's a very small percent.

The devs talked about this exact misconception (Considering 50/100 to be a fail) in their video of Season 2 changes, and it's exactly why it's changing. Rank 60 is like Top 6% of the playerbase.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It is? I see people talking about the 50ish range hell and stuff. Besides 5/10 is average and a 55 is an F in school!

60 is the top 6% of OW players.

Also people always like to think that they are higher than they are. It's just human nature.

Pooya

Hopefully tomorrow's patch contains Zen's nerf and it's a big one on discord like 20 percent seems fine or completely change it, 30 is still too much when it's for ALL damage.

Every game seemingly has a Zen now and it's just annoying, why even play tank with this BS.

Forced myself up 6 ranks today, but then lost the last rank. We 54 now.

It's amazing, after I got to 52, suddenly everyone knew what to do.

As long as there isn't a Hanzo main, some guy playing on a controller, everything goes well.

i honestly think the Torb nerf made people play less so much that people seem to forget how to counter him :p
A Winston kept jumping onto me thinking it was a free kill. The shotgun melted him.

Widowmaker isn't SO bad. My only loss on defense heroes was Junkrat.

Onto the tanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom