• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But it's always the bad Hanzo's that gets everyone's ire.

I don't get it.

Cause Hanzo is really bad when the player is bad. Like how Torb is okay even if the player is bad.

Hanzo is the opposite of Torb. Not all heroes, when played poorly, are equally bad. Hell, a charging into the enemy team Rein is still more useful than the majority of Hanzos as long as he spends 50% of his time shielding.

Haly

Are you racist against swedish dwarves or something?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, bad torbs usually have their turrets constantly destroyed to the point that there's no molten core turret for them. I've played with too many torbs that see their turrets become a non-factor yet still stubbornly stick to him.

Bad hanzos at least use wall hacks from time to time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
alternatively, torbjorn like symmetra, can be completely fucked if their team is bad because they're never able to get anything set up since their team is constantly rolled

perhaps it is you that is bad.

Moonkeis

My gosh, I just had the most toxic player in comp. I ended up in a match with 2 placement players. This other guy was just raging the entire time over the mic over hero selection, the anger in his voice sounded like he was about to have a heart attack.

Veelk

Banned
Cause Hanzo is really bad when the player is bad. Like how Torb is okay even if the player is bad.

Hanzo is the opposite of Torb. Not all heroes, when played poorly, are equally bad. Hell, a charging into the enemy team Rein is still more useful than the majority of Hanzos as long as he spends 50% of his time shielding.

I mean, I can agree with that, but even so, I don't think Hanzo's the worst case scenerio. That'd be Widowmaker. If you can't aim, Widowmaker isn't going to get ANYTHING done. Hanzo can atleast use scatter arrow, arrow spam, sonar, and his twin dragons. Widowmaker will give you infrared occasionally, that's it.

Genji is worse too. He's a weird character, with not much DPS unless you know how to use him. A Genji that doesn't know what he's doing is probably going to contribute less than a Hanzo spamming arrows.

Tracer, same argument. In the hands of a mediocre player, she's not gonna do much. At the least, she wouldn't be more effective than a hanzo spamming arrows at a chokepoint.

idk guys. I just really don't get the Hanzo hate.

Antiwhippy

You know, the actual bad players I dread now are reinhardt players.

Because I could be shooting behind his shield, and then all of a sudden he would charge in when his shield isn't half way broken. Or they charge in all by themselves when everyone else is respawning.

That fucking charge has been my bane for awhile now.

Haly

Tracer, same argument. In the hands of a mediocre player, she's not gonna do much. At the least, she wouldn't be more effective than a hanzo spamming arrows at a chokepoint.

In the hands of a mediocre player she'll still be able to dodge a lot of bullets and just serve as a general distraction. Same for Genji. Hanzo can't even do that much because the bad Hanzo players invariably play him like Widowmaker (making him even more useless because of projectile travel time). Not being a bullet sponge. Not running interference. Not contributing any meaningful dps. You're lucky if you get a fully charged Sonar from them.

I'm a Zen player and I was a Zarya player so even for rather poor Tracers, I could give them buffs that'll help me build ultimate/compensate for their stupidity. Most of the time, I can't even tell where my Hanzo player is. It's likely he's masturbating to Hanzo's exposed nipple back at the spawn. Who even knows?

I'm totally ready for season 1 to be over and season 2 to be here. I clawed my way to 46 after an AWFUL set of placement matches. I'm definitely going to be better prepared for next season's placements.

Veelk

Banned
In the hands of a mediocre player she'll still be able to dodge a lot of bullets and just serve as a general distraction. Same for Genji. Hanzo can't even do that much because the bad Hanzo players invariably play him like Widowmaker (making him even more useless because of projectile travel time).

If someone is going to play Hanzo in the least optimal way possible, then Tracers are going to expend their entire blink stack immediately without actually getting away from the enemy and die before they remember to use rewind.

Only GOOD tracers serve as a distraction. Bad tracers die before they get to do so in any meaningful sense.

Haly

That still give me enough time to flank. How is the Hanzo contributing by being effectively AFK?

I don't understand why you're so intent on defending bad Hanzos. The vast majority of OW players have had negative experiences with Hanzo pickers and you're trying to refute that with some vague make-believe scenarios about bad Tracers and whatnot.

EVEN, for the sake of argument, even if a bad Tracer is, as you say, worse than a bad Hanzo, it doesn't truly matter because they still don't generate enough "bad feeling" to get the same reputation as Hanzo. I'd rather have a bad player I don't really notice being bad then a bad player that's in-my-face bad. At the very least the former is less tilting than the latter.

exYle

Just had a match where one of the guys on my team just kept talking and complaining the whole time over headset. Even when we won he was just continuously shittalking the POTG and wouldn't stop.

Also an Ana killed me and then teabagged me...this is still happening in 2016?

Lmao, Ana is a BM factory. I almost always teabag my sleeping enemies. Don't take it so seriously, my friend

I still can't decide what golden weapon to get once they roll out the seasonal rewards. They all look so garish that it's hard to imagine what skin combination they might actually look nice with.

I still can't decide what golden weapon to get once they roll out the seasonal rewards. They all look so garish that it's hard to imagine what skin combination they might actually look nice with.

Pharah's golden rocket launcher looks amazing with Anubis skin.

It's really the best combination in the entire game.

Antiwhippy

The only bad feelings I get from tracers are the good ones.

As in "Holy fuuuuuuuuck you are so obnoxious why is something as annoying as you even designed in the first plaaaaaaace."

LiK

McCree gets a golden revolver if you just want pure looks. I'm giving it to Junkrat even tho it looks the worst with gold.

Fun Gaf QP train. Went through every hero, the Symmetra on KOTH tho.

McCree is one of the most satisfying heroes in the game. Been playing him a ton lately. Really liking Zarya too.

When S2 starts I want to play a competent
Zarya
Reaper
Winston
Ana

To go along with McCree, Roadhog, and Tracer.

Veelk

Banned
That still give me enough time to flank. How is the Hanzo contributing by being effectively AFK?

I don't understand why you're so intent on defending bad Hanzos. The vast majority of OW players have had negative experiences with Hanzo pickers and you're trying to refute that with some vague make-believe scenarios about bad Tracers and whatnot.

EVEN, for the sake of argument, even if a bad Tracer is, as you say, worse than a bad Hanzo, it doesn't truly matter because they still don't generate enough "bad feeling" to get the same reputation as Hanzo. I'd rather have a bad player I don't really notice being bad then a bad player that's in-my-face bad. At the very least the former is less tilting than the latter.

I don't have any special attachment to Hanzo, I just don't get why he's particularly hated when similar arguments can be made for other characters. Even with your qualifier, a bad Reinhardt is VERY noticable and can fuck over the entire team if (like antiwhippy pointed out) they're relying on him for cover but he decides he's gonna charge in before his shields even broken and get not only himself killed, feed the enemy team a healthy amount of ults, but also lets the rest of the enemy fire on his friends.

It's just a bizarre fixation that the fandom has. Bad players are gonna fuck over teams regardless.

Anyway, I don't discount your bad experience, but if we're counting anecdotal information and 'bad feelings', I roll my eyes far more at Widowmaker picks than Hanzo's. Hanzo's, usually, get SOME kills, but Widowmakers can be so bad that they barely get any hits in an entire game because their shots are not as spammable. And I say this as somnone whose played Widowmaker as their second most used character. She's much MUCH tougher to be good with than Hanzo.

Pharah's golden rocket launcher looks amazing with Anubis skin.

It's really the best combination in the entire game.

I don't play Pharah much so I had to look up that skin but wow. That's definitely gotta be the best skin to match with a golden weapon.

McCree gets a golden revolver if you just want pure looks. I'm giving it to Junkrat even tho it looks the worst with gold.

Ha ha, I was thinking of doing Junkrat just for kicks too. I might just hold onto the points in case they ever put in special skins since nothing really jumps out at me.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

As in "Holy fuuuuuuuuck you are so obnoxious why is something as annoying as you even designed in the first plaaaaaaace."
Yeah, I think this complaint is reserved alone for amazing Tracers. When she's on point, she's like the world's most annoying mosquito that can also wipe your team.

Also, the Hanzo's hate is because he's actually picked vs. Widowmaker pretty much being an endangered species as far as her pick percentage goes. I'd take a bad Rein over a bad Hanzo all day. They can just charge in and start swinging and contribute more damage + absorption than a shitty Hanzo ever could.

Veelk

Banned

This is true. There is a reason that Tracer is competing for the role of worst character ever with Mei.

But I thought the argument was that bad X's don't contribute to the team, not that they were personal nuisances.

If that's the argument, Mei's of all skill levels are clearly the worst along with good tracers.

Astral

She's a fucking pest. A fucking little mosquito. I hate her. I wish I was that good with her.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cuz dying to Hanzo always feels like shit. :p

Ah yeah but they fixed him so there really is no reason to hate him now, credit who credit deserves and that Hanzo play was top.

if youre on my team in comp and you pick hanzo im gonna kick you in the dick

edit: looks like i came in at a good time because i just lost cuz we had a hanzo. fuck hanzos

R0ckman

Torb is bad when enemy team is not getting stuck at a choke for more than a minute.

I think golden revolver looks dumb. Gold hook and shotgun is most 'bang for your buck' you'll have gold everywhere. I don't think that looks great either though.

I think Tracer, just super sleek and good looking without being overwhelming.

xaosslug

if youre on my team in comp and you pick hanzo im gonna kick you in the dick

edit: looks like i came in at a good time because i just lost cuz we had a hanzo. fuck hanzos

So long D.Va, adios Junkrat... time to main Hanzo w/ da kewl wolf skin! :D ~~>---->

I think golden revolver looks dumb. Gold hook and shotgun is most 'bang for your buck' you'll have gold everywhere. I don't think that looks great either though.

I think Tracer, just super sleek and good looking without being overwhelming.

i had misgivings about going D.Va for gold guns until I found out her pistol's gold too!!!!!

R0ckman

Is there something about Reaper that makes him bot friendly? Always run into ones clearly aim or trigger botting. He's the one I mostly see.

It was bad because even if it was PoTG you can tell by their movements they are bad but snapping to every character while not getting into a better position to garuntee a clear shot at them.

Saw another that thought he could hide detection by hiding most of the time, dropping in at choke points and hiding again. So damn sick of all the mess. I did have a couple of great weekend night matches even when losing. Maybe I will play then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom