• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshwork

but even w/o discord he does 6 extra damage... that's crazy.

I'd like to add that if you're playing Zenyatta and you're trying to kill someone without applying discord to them first, you dun goofed. Since the discord orb is going down to 30%, this change doesn't affect anyone who plays Zenyatta properly. Same damage for him after patch.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How many more hours till the season ends?
What golden weapons will everyone be getting?
Think I might go for D.Va first and maybe Lucio next.

t1471478400z4.png

Console will never get an equivalent of PTR ever, will they?
Nope.

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe I am misinterpreting the change. Previously there were instances where you could double jump, wall climb, and then double jump again.... And what I think this changes it too is jump-wall climb-double jump or double jump-wall climb-jump. I don't think it's that big of a deal because the extra double jump felt inconsistent and didn't really enable you to reach places you couldn't reach otherwise and I think it only penalizes bad play because it limits his ability to bounce around in front of multiple medium ranged dps and get away with it. If you're jumping around in front of multiple soldier/McGee/zenyatta you fucked up and deserve to lose that fight.

Either way I stand by my opinion that the melee cancel and ult duration are a much bigger deal.
it wasn't inconsistent, did add a lot of mobility around the map, and any decent mcree should snipe a genji jumping around in the open. the cancel and ult nerfs actually do encourage more strategic play. the triple jump just limits what your strategies are now.

I'm talking about the man himself.

he didn't even play the ptr.
well he didn't play enough of the ptr.
well disagreeing with one nerf is salty.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Genji's nerfs were kind of nuts. All he needed was the ult reduction, but now his mobility and burst, which required actual skill were ripped out. Now when he's off cooldowns, he's 100% dead.

With the ult usage nerf and Roadhog's super hook being alive, His ult now gets hard countered by any support ult too. Jeez. He's going to be real tough to use now.

Genji's nerfs were kind of nuts. All he needed was the ult reduction, but now his mobility and burst, which required actual skill were ripped out. Now when he's off cooldowns, he's 100% dead.

With the ult usage nerf and Roadhog's super hook being alive, His ult now gets hard countered by any support ult too. Jeez. He's going to be real tough to use now.
Yep. Instead of nerfing the one issue with Genji, they decided to nerf everything that made him useful. I don't get it. But again, it's PTR, so it's better to wait and hope that Blizzard is listening.

Ketch

The extra double jump did not in any way affect bad players. A bad player that could only double jump then that's all they did and it did not take away from them. This change specifically hits the people who were good with Genji and learned the little nuances of the character and how to maximize it. This was used to make himself harder to hit and so winston could not easily chase him down.

The nerf only affect those people that could/would pull off the slippery genji tactics.

Not bad players, bad play. I've used the extra double jump In front of multiple enemies constantly to get away, and so did everybody else, that's nothing special or skillful. Those aren't slippery genji tactics. Bad play also includes insisting on playing genji when the other team has a Winston.

matmanx1

I know she's got other issues, but Mercy's amount of healing per second has been my #1 problem with her since day one. As a Mercy main, buffing her healing beam has been what I've wanted above any other thing she could receive.

I feel like this is also a direct response to Zenyatta's Orb without being a direct nerf to Zenyatta himself. Basically Mercy can now just about overcome a Zenyatta orb on a tank if the tank is just being targeted by one or two enemies, depending on who it is. In other words, Mercy's heals being buffed is a soft counter to Orb of discord, which I believe is a smart way to go about balancing things.

Oh wow, that cracked me right up.

Alur

Went on a 8 or 9 game losing streak, falling from 59 to 53 across the past couple of days. Towards the end I lost a full level per loss. RIP.

Get in next game, we have an AFKer in the first round and only get 1 checkpoint on Hollywood. Dude plays for the first minute or so, and then sits in spawn, comes out to avoid timer and dies, and sits in spawn again. Round ends and of course the team is salty and shit talking him.

He's literally seconds away from being kicked out due to the timer (he hadn't picked a hero for second round), and he comes back and he's like "report me I don't care". He actually plays the second round, we hold them at the first point and win the game. Thanks Blizz, I needed that.

Masaki_

damn i was having so much fun with overwatch i forgot this is a game by blizzard, masters of balance

rip genji you were too fun for this game

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Genji decimated. Time to become a pro Hanzo.
Tracer

Oh, she's next. Absolutely.

'Tracer keeps killing me and I can't fight her. Pls nerf.' All the flankers are going to get fucked because the common perception is that anyone kills them 1vs1 its unfair and its not a matter of skill or experience or hero choice. It's just 'that hero's op'. Reaper will get his after her.

and the Toblerone will reign supreme again.

Strider

You guys happy about Genji nerfs until all those Genjis on your team play Hanzo in your games now instead.

You lose either way.

dac15_fantastic.gif

They should just give every character 200HP and the same movement speed and everyone has Soldier's gun. No abilities or ultimates. No Dragonblades. Balanced!

Does Meis ult really cover the whole point?
Thats some abusable shit with Overtime if true. Just smack that shit on the ground and youve won.

Defuser

Seriously, this hanzo buffs is not gonna help all the bad hanzo players if they continue to aim like shit and miss their shots 99% all the time. Practically I still don't see Hanzo being pick at high rankings where he still can be picked on easily against McCree and close range combat.

Soulflarz

Banned
Mei needed the buff and if you think she was awful to fight your team needs to rework something.

You guys happy about Genji nerfs until all those Genjis on your team play Hanzo in your games now instead.

You lose either way.

dac15_fantastic.gif
But hanzos almost hitscanning at decent ranges now.

Veelk

Banned
Hanzo gets a double buff, first his arrows firing faster, then his arrows becoming logs again that hit everything.

Meanwhile, Widowmaker still gets nothing to improve her worthless kit :(

ISOM

Seriously, this hanzo buffs is not gonna help all the bad hanzo players if they continue to aim like shit and miss their shots 99% all the time. Practically I still don't see Hanzo being pick at high rankings where he still can be picked on easily against McCree and close range combat.

Mccree's who can't aim are shit too. I can't tell you the amount of times I was asked if I'm a good Mccree or switch since I'm apparently not doing enough damage. At least with Hanzo you can spam arrows and his hitbox is back.

I'm somewhat baffled by people assuming Blizzard made the changes to Genji because of low level players complaining.

The mobility change was a bad call, but the other changes are perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom