• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Can someone explain this change from the patch notes in more detail?

Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)

Does that mean stuff like transcendence is only going to last 1/4th as long? Or something like Mcree has less time to actually activate his High Noon? I'm not quite clear on that.

duckroll

she got pushed out because zen and lucio was an oppressively good combination, not necessarily because she's bad

Right but that hasn't changed. They're trying to "nerf" Lucio and Zen, and "buff" Mercy in this patch, but they're nerfing the less important stuff and buffing the less important stuff. I think the biggest issue remains that with Lucio and Zen, you have two ults which can help a team survive anything. Mercy's ult revives a fallen team, but that's fixing a problem after it happens. Lucio and Zen prevent the problem from ever happening.

How can they fix that without making Zen or Lucio unplayable? Zen was only out of the meta initially because he was literally too weak to survive. Once they fixed that, well... that's that.

Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)

Does that mean stuff like transcendence is only going to last 1/4th as long? Or something like Mcree has less time to actually activate his High Noon? I'm not quite clear on that.

It means you won't return as much ult if it's interrupted. So a Reaper who starts his ult and gets stunned won't be able to ult again seconds later when he gains it back.

Apathy

The hitbox change is the biggest thing, i am still angry about it sitting at my desk getting angry at it. So much bullshit, we got away from stupid deaths behind corners and hanzo's getting headshots by just spamming into a general area and now we got it back. Fine make his projectiles go faster but don't revert the hitboxes

BTW, i love hog, but I also hate the bullshit hooks (giving and getting). I acknoledge that his hooks can be bullshit, but the new change is going to get people raging so hard. It is nuts when it happens and you now get even more stupid/bullshit hooks, it also looks hilarious when it happens

Here's the roadhog change in video form, get ready to fucking hate it https://clips.twitch.tv/a_seagull/StupidTermiteDeExcite

Alucrid

Banned

it just means that when you use something like reaper's ult, the gauge goes down a lot faster when it's in use. so if you get interrupted you're not going to have as much gauge left or any.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Double jump reset let Genji fly across certain maps like Pharah.

The melee cancel change might as well say "Reduce burst damage by 20%". Would you feel everything's fine if Tracer took a 20% nerf to her pistols? Probably not.
and now she's back!

I wouldn't be too sure about that, and it doesn't change the fact that she was gone for a while, like Genji will be if Seagull's instincts are correct.

The emotes are cool, but overall I feel like I see them used and use them myself much less than in TF2, so they're less hype for me than skins (more color schemes for the legendary models?) or POTG intros would be.

Like who here is really attached to their emotes?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The hitbox change is the biggest thing, i am still angry about it sitting at my desk getting angry at it. So much bullshit, we got away from stupid deaths behind corners and hanzo's getting headshots by just spamming into a general area and now we got it back. Fine make his projectiles go faster but don't revert the hitboxes
Not much to argue, it brought many issues (Dunno which ones) so they had to revert the change.

Also, can anyone post more of the new emotes? Im at work :(

The emotes are cool, but overall I feel like I see them used and use them myself much less than in TF2, so they're less hype for me than skins (more color schemes for the legendary models?) or POTG intros would be.

Like who here is really attached to their emotes?
Given basedwatch fast pace emotes are hard to use during battle but you can go ham on the pre battle phase.
I do emote when we win a checkpoint or attack point :3

LiK

also remember that these changes are PTR only and i guess they will revert some of them from feedback like the Mercy damage boost buff. I bet Genji players are gonna be all over the OW forums today, heh heh heh

It's going to mean a lot of annoying deaths from Hanzo and Junkrat grenades being basketballs again, but now at least Zenyatta won't miss headshots because each hand fires orbs at a different angle. And Genji will be a reliable mid-range damage dealer rather than having to farm ult and dive.

I'm ok with all the Genji nerfs except the one that kills his combo. Why was that a problem? The only problem was his ult. The other stuff isn't that major, but getting rid of his combo severely hurts Genji. This is why I didn't want them to nerf him because I knew they would over do it.

But overall a solid patch. But RIP payload with time bank ;_;

xaosslug

i don't really understand why they are buffing Zen's attack, tho? He already did crazy damage for a support character, like, wtf? The discord nef isn't really gonna matter much to Zen personally, imo.

ISOM

You think Blizz idea was to nerf Genji so nobody plays him anymore? no, they nerfed him to balance him and make him equal strong to others.

Seagull is a proplayer and Genji has been nerfed to where he's not viable in proplay anymore according to him. For everyone else or pubplay he is still a decent character but for Seagull I can understand his perspective.

I-hate-u

i don't really understand why they are buffing Zen's attack, tho? He already did crazy damage for a support character, like, wtf? The discord nef isn't really gonna matter much to Zen personally, imo.

Won't matter to Zen, but teammates won't benefit from Discord like before, which is needed. Zen is still a DPS machine.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Seagull is a proplayer and Genji has been nerfed to where he's not viable in proplay anymore according to him. For everyone else he is still a decent character but for Seagull I can understand his perspective.

He hasn't even tried him yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

So he can take care of himself.

Alucrid

Banned
I know what it used to do. What actually happens now?

you end up in front of roadhog

so say you get hooked mid air, instead of being hooked from where you are when the hook animation starts dragging you back, you'll revert to the position where the hook hit you and be drawn in from there

Beckx

radius on blizzard is huuuuuge now

it's beautiful

i like to imagine it's made entirely of salt

since it will be once it goes live

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OH THANK GOD

with roadhog people will stop fucking going through me now when hooked

he just did on the ptr...

What like one match? for a pro player saying only after a few rounds "my gengu is dead waaaa" is ridiculous.

At 50% damage buff, w/ 40 damage per hit:

40 * 1.5 = 60 damage per hit w/ discord on

At 30% damage buff, w/ 46 damage per hit:

46 * 1.3 = 59.8 damage per hit w/ discord on

So allies get less damage out of Discord orb but Zenyatta himself still deals almost exactly the same amount of damage to a target with Discord.

Tonight, 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET.

Competitive Points are getting 10x'd on the PTR, but the end of season 1 rewards haven't been 10x'd yet, which are causing lots of PTR folks to miss out on their expected golden guns. Hopefully it will be fixed but we will see.

Is this confirmed? The screen says August 18th. If they end it on the 17th because that's when Blizzard's "days" end, that would be a slight bit of bullshit on their part.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Right but that hasn't changed. They're trying to "nerf" Lucio and Zen, and "buff" Mercy in this patch, but they're nerfing the less important stuff and buffing the less important stuff. I think the biggest issue remains that with Lucio and Zen, you have two ults which can help a team survive anything. Mercy's ult revives a fallen team, but that's fixing a problem after it happens. Lucio and Zen prevent the problem from ever happening.

How can they fix that without making Zen or Lucio unplayable? Zen was only out of the meta initially because he was literally too weak to survive. Once they fixed that, well... that's that.

i mean, yes, i would have liked to see a nerf to zen or lucio's ults, but blizzard apparently believes that a 2-supports-mandatory meta is healthy, popular, and fun.

Genji

Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing
Dash
No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap
No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap
Swift Strike
No longer interrupts quick melee attacks
Dragonblade
Duration of Genji's ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

Developer Comments: Genji was a little too difficult to pin down, and these changes will balance his speed. Swift Strike no longer cancels the recovery time from a quick melee attack, so players will no longer be able to get a free melee attack before using Swift Strike. Lastly, Dragonblade's duration was long enough that it often felt too difficult to reasonably counter.

5ZiJk0V.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Loving the hook nerf/fix, Mei's ult buff, Mercy buff and Genji's nerf.

I hope some Pharah buffs are coming soon.

mollipen

They're trying to "nerf" Lucio and Zen, and "buff" Mercy in this patch, but they're nerfing the less important stuff and buffing the less important stuff.

I know she's got other issues, but Mercy's amount of healing per second has been my #1 problem with her since day one. As a Mercy main, buffing her healing beam has been what I've wanted above any other thing she could receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom