• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
CqFZGPOXgAAG6UY.jpg
Dong Zhu Buxu Fuck You

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm somewhat baffled by people assuming Blizzard made the changes to Genji because of low level players complaining.

The mobility change was a bad call, but the other changes are perfectly fine.

you can't strictly balance around premade high level competitive play.

the mobility change was dumb but this is how blizzard does changes. they always do this shit with all their games.

I would have been fine with the ult duration being shortened, but boy, they really chipped away at the things that make Genji fun and unique to play.

wamberz1

I haven't played the PTR yet, but blizzard kinda was really tricky to use before without a wombo combo setup. Pretty much everyone could escape it easily than just shoot you from outside the ring.
But that does look gigantic, so I'll have to play and see for myself.
I'm REALLY REALLY hoping that her ult goes through d.va's barrier now because it was crazy annoying when she easily absorbed it before.

Soulflarz

Banned
I really have no idea why people are calling a very mediocre at best character "broken" as if she was already top tier or something?

Apathy

The genji nerfs like dragonblade to 6 are fine, but the mobility nerf with the tripple jump is stupid.

Well I guess it probably looks more natural than getting pulled into a wall.
Going to have to fear the hook way more now.

Walls won't save anyone now, if you get hooked, you're going to meet that roadhog now. It's going to be fun playing him and annoying playing against him

Glorious.

D.Va has the only Legendary emote? That blows.

I'm assuming some of the epic new ones get bummed up to legendary cost.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I wish shadder was streaming but he's probably crying in a corner or something.

R0ckman

What happened to Hanzo before this buff, was he nerfed? I played him when the game first came out and have about 16 hours on him I think? My rate with him was like 60-70% thought he was good but then I stopped using him when people out of nowhere hated the character on top of a game where I was getting kill streaks and my team was so terrible that none of that mattered (I remember making a Mercy Pharah combo just book ass when I climbed up to them, hopped around dropped the Pharah immediately and the Mercy almost kind of just gave up), so I moved on to practicing with McCree cause I thought he was fun.

Hey guys I heard there's a patch...

Oh.

Oh my.

Me is bae again.

<3

I wanna feel happy about Genji, but I know he'll still show up in my matches.

Zen changes, eh. Lowers damage output from other sources but the buff to my orbs means I'll still kill people.

Projectiles being reverted = Hanzo incoming.

Everything else seems good. Can't wait to try when I get home!

Apathy

What happened to Hanzo before this buff, was he nerfed? I played him when the game first came out and have about 16 hours on him I think? My rate with him was like 60-70% thought he was good but then I stopped using him when people out of nowhere hated the character on top of a game where I was getting kill streaks and my team was so terrible that none of that mattered (I remember making a Mercy Pharah combo just book ass when I climbed up to them, hopped around dropped the Pharah immediately and the Mercy almost kind of just gave up), so I moved on to practicing with McCree cause I thought he was fun.

They had fixed flagrant issues with the hitboxes so you actually needed to hit the body to register hits, rather than hitting like a foot off the body to register. It was actually the right call as bullshit headshtots were all but gone and no one was complaining about them. Instead we get to go back to that world

Jayhawk

this is fucking stupid. Mei in Comp will just destroy everyone with this Ult in Overtime.

If you're in overtime and Mei's ult is what worries you the most, then your team already has problems. Tanks can easily survive on a point inside a Blizzard if they're getting healed by support heroes outside the Blizzard, which any good support should be able to stay out of range when they're positioning themselves to account for upcoming ultimates. Before this buff, Mei's ultimate was pretty easy to avoid or survive through if expecting it.

The size increase makes Blizzard's usefulness about equivalent to other spacing ultimates from the tank heroes.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It does feel bad though, as a Genji main, when a bunch of people want your character nerfed, but you had to dump 60+ hours into him to just become "good". Pretty much the only character besides tracer with such an insane learning curve and now they rip out a lot of the skill out of him which also nerfs him. Feels bad.

That's why there's so much outcry, I think, unlike the McCree nerfs, because anyone could pop in and be insane with McCree. You had to put in double digit hours of practice to become serviceable with Genji. Hopefully they just end up nerfing his ult time.

A while ago, they changed projectile hitboxes to be about as big as hitscan hitboxes (if not exactly as big?), which made hitting headshots with Hanzo a lot harder.
Now he's back to shooting logs.

Defuser

Before this buff his hitbox arrow was smaller meaning people can't aim for shit, even waaaay back then when his hitbox was big like a tree trunk people still can't aim for shit. And now with buffs? People still can't aim for shit. McCree is better at mid range because his weapon is hitscan and deadly with flashbang upclose.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If we're nerfing Genji's jump reset let's nerf Pharah being able to boost herself horizontally &#65533;&#65533;
Before this buff his hitbox arrow was smaller meaning people can't aim for shit, even waaaay back then when his hitbox was big like a tree trunk people still can't aim for shit. And now? People still can't aim for shit. McCree is better at mid range because his weapon is hitscan and deadly with flashbang upclose.

Hanzo is less about aiming in the traditional sense than McCree is. His entire toolkit is based on predicting peoples movements and aiming ahead. Like a Rocket. Thus the line 'so predictable'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom