• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah

Got the most disappointing play of the game of my (very brief) Overwatch career. Was Mercy, resurrected a teammate who was immediately killed and then killed the roadhog who killed him. Apparently the opposition and my team couldn't do anything better haha.

xaosslug

all Genji nerfs likely won't stick... Bilzz is probs doing the most they can to Genji rn while still keeping him somewhat viable so peeps don't cry bloody murduh when he comes out of PTR w/ only the ult nerf.

Id probably be all over the forums if i cared enough but ill wait to see how he plays now and if the changes stick.

Ive been playing Genji for about 55 out of 162 hours because hes by far the most satisfying with his mobility. The nerfs sound like he got hit with the rapid fire nerf or nothing gun tho.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)

Sooo glad to read that, it was incredibly annoying to almost feel punished for quickly reacting and hooking someone out of an ult to kill them. Though on top of all the shit Genji got hit with, that also messes with him more than most, lol.

Ketch

double jump reset is kinda of big too, I never thought genji was crazy hard. This feels like a console nerf that is affecting PC

it penalizes genji play period. melee cancel and ult are probably less important since triple jump is utilized all the time, or should be

How exactly did it penalize bad play? It gave Genji tons of unique movement options. Without being able to change his trajectory using walls, double jump is useless. It will just make him a free target for Hanzo and McCree.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the change. Previously there were instances where you could double jump, wall climb, and then double jump again.... And what I think this changes it too is jump-wall climb-double jump or double jump-wall climb-jump. I don't think it's that big of a deal because the extra double jump felt inconsistent and didn't really enable you to reach places you couldn't reach otherwise and I think it only penalizes bad play because it limits his ability to bounce around in front of multiple medium ranged dps and get away with it. If you're jumping around in front of multiple soldier/McGee/zenyatta you fucked up and deserve to lose that fight.

Either way I stand by my opinion that the melee cancel and ult duration are a much bigger deal.

genji burst damage am fukt

see ya later

return of the king yall

hqdefault.jpg

Awful Genji nerfs. There's no way those all make it to live, unless they just don't want him to be played anymore.
They should've just done the ult nerf, the others were pointless and just hurt him even more than needed. I don't think the trap thing will make a difference, but the melee cancel thing is absurd.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PTR PTR PTR. things will change, no worries.

This is true.

What i hate is people see that their main got nerfed and INSTANTLY go on the forums complaining without even touching the PTR.

LiK

They should've just done the ult nerf, the others were pointless and just hurt him even more than needed. I don't think the trap thing will make a difference, but the melee cancel thing is absurd.

i always said it but Blizz likes to go overboard with the nerfs/buffs and then backtrack. it puzzles me. maybe it works for them.

LiK

Well, then I guess it's a good thing they have PTR instead of immediately releasing it on live.

seems like they basically give everyone what they wanted and then if it turns out it's a bad idea then they fix it after players complain enough. thank gawd Mercy damage boost didn't go live.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the change. Previously there were instances where you could double jump, wall climb, and then double jump again.... And what I think this changes it too is jump-wall climb-double jump or double jump-wall climb-jump. I don't think it's that big of a deal because the extra double jump felt inconsistent and didn't really enable you to reach places you couldn't reach otherwise and I think it only penalizes bad play because it limits his ability to bounce around in front of multiple medium ranged dps and get away with it. If you're jumping around in front of multiple soldier/McGee/zenyatta you fucked up and deserve to lose that fight.

Either way I stand by my opinion that the melee cancel and ult duration are a much bigger deal.

It wasn't inconsistent. Touching a wall always reset your double jump if it had been used. It's vital to surviving as Genji even in a 1v1, since McCree has a hitscan weapon that kills him in 2-3 shots.

Genji changes seem fine, the triple jump was annoying to deal with but it did make moving around far simpler, which isn't an inherently BAD thing.

I am more interested in mercy being viable again, FINALLY I can play more mercy, I can't aim for shit with zenny :p

Defuser

Just tried PTR.

Genji nerfs isn't that bad I guess or maybe I should wait till seagull or shadder to try it out.

Dragonblade is definitely balanced with 6 seconds means you can only use it to pick off non - tanks. You absolutely have to pick the right timing for it.

As for Hanzo,I think his buffs won't help bad hanzo players which is the majority because they still need to aim good and a good sense of leading but those who are good with hanzo...oh boy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just tried PTR.

Genji nerfs isn't that bad I guess or maybe I should wait till seagull or shadder to try it out.

Dragonblade is definitely balanced with 6 seconds means you can only use it to pick off non - tanks. You absolutely have to pick the right timing for it.

As for Hanzo,I think his buffs won't help bad hanzo players which is the majority because they still need to aim good and a good sense of leading but those who are good with hanzo...oh boy.

You can check Seagull out right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull

But be warned, lots of salty talk.

Apathy

PTR PTR PTR. things will change, no worries.

This is true.

What i hate is people see that their main got nerfed and INSTANTLY go on the forums complaining without even touching the PTR.

Last time changes were on the ptr, we, the people that actually played the ptr, went on the forums and told them that the zen buffs were too much, and that discord would need a nerf and that the mccree buffs were too much and it should be lowered but increase fth. We didn't get listened to. What ended up happening? Oh right, the EXACT thing we told them.

The extra double jump did not in any way affect bad players. A bad player that could only double jump then that's all they did and it did not take away from them. This change specifically hits the people who were good with Genji and learned the little nuances of the character and how to maximize it. This was used to make himself harder to hit and so winston could not easily chase him down.

The nerf only affect those people that could/would pull off the slippery genji tactics.

BTW, the mei ult is now huge, it's like disgustingly taking up whole points huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom