• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always found playing 6v6 gives me a certain edge when using my "Group Up" command and when to use it. I had a masterful use of the group up command in my game against Lik today. Our team was being weird and not sticking together, so I spammed that shit 3 times and we all grouped up. I felt like a true general out there

I spam it and everyone ignores it. I feel like people need to realize that even if they're on the point, it's still directed at them. I don't care if you're Seagull, there's no way you're gonna solo kill that whole team.

It boggles my mind how some people playing comp cant seem to grasp the concept of grouping up.

I usually throw out an "Understood" whenever someone uses it so they don't start spamming it.

Soulflarz

Banned
group up works weirdly well at times

I spam it and everyone ignores it. I feel like people need to realize that even if they're on the point, it's still directed at them. I don't care if you're Seagull, there's no way you're gonna solo kill that whole team.

Now, when people say it to a reaper

please no >_>

Jarate

Banned
It boggles my mind how some people playing comp cant seem to grasp the concept of grouping up.

use the group up command when that happens!

See your group up meta is sloppy, you can';t just spam it all the time, you gotta spam it when the team know they are doing bad. Also, you gotta make sure to say "hi" to all your teammates and also take part in any pre-mission shenanigans. You have to lead by example, it's the only way these randoms can respect you.

Odrion

Banned
I followed a lot of "group ups" in my time and 60% of them were to watch whoever said it run in and die. :V
What if they made her be able to skate along using her blaster like she does in that one highlight intro she has.

Think Frozone.

That would be fun. She could be a very mobile defender, skating in to protect her team's back end. Like a reverse tracer.

See your group up meta is sloppy, you can';t just spam it all the time, you gotta spam it when the team know they are doing bad. Also, you gotta make sure to say "hi" to all your teammates and also take part in any pre-mission shenanigans. You have to lead by example, it's the only way these randoms can respect you.

"My ultimate is charging! (0%)"

Now, when people say it to a reaper

please no >_>

You too Reaper.

Especially you. I've gotta keep an eye on you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when i see bastion and torbjorn on KOTH on my team and the tank ignores me being killed by reaper

Data has switched to Hanzo

Satch

Banned
I have literally not received a single olympic skin in like all 7 of my summer boxes

Not even a recolor

Wot

Soulflarz

Banned
tried tracer, wow shes braindead easy to get gold with

I need to get my rank up so on pc this isn't as awkward.

also does anyone actually like koth?

payload is so much better

I loved KOTH till higher ranks where I realized you can carry payload way easier because pushes are more easy to understand.

Anne

I like KotH, it's fun to just flex and go ham and the game mode works better than TDM would.

I like all the modes besides 2CP tbh.

Jarate

Banned
Ive been trying to play but just way too laggy to deal with top 500 genjis and pharrahs. I blame my lack of heart and spirit

LiK

That was a good win in Sudden Death. My Tire killed the Rein and opened up the way for my team to get to the Payload goal. Beat a team with two Top 500 guys while my group were just normal dudes. One of the Top 500 guys was a Hanzo. Bet he didn't expect me to constantly jump into his face with bombs. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ive been trying to play but just way too laggy to deal with top 500 genjis and pharrahs. I blame my lack of heart and spirit

I was in a match earlier with three top 500s and two of them were on genji and tracer, and I'm pretty sure a piece of me died.

I would love to see Blizzard patch in a free-for-all game mode without mentioning it in the patch notes. Just have it show up randomly in competitive with a really low chance of it appearing. Then, everyone has to fend for themselves and fight their former teammates to prove who is the best. Top 3 get a full rank. Everyone else gets reset back to placement.

Welcome to the Overwatch Hunger Games.

Anne

Apparenlty some people playing on comp noticed that they are on 60 tick servers now. Check their netstats and it was actually 60 tick.

Huzzah?

LiK

I would love to see Blizzard patch in a free-for-all game mode without mentioning it in the patch notes. Just have it show up randomly in competitive with a really low chance of it appearing. Then, everyone has to fend for themselves and fight their former teammates to prove who is the best. Top 3 get a full rank. Everyone else gets reset back to placement.

Welcome to the Overwatch Hunger Games.

Make it only happen to Leavers. Bet they won't see that coming.

Odrion

Banned
apparently some jeff k. guy said in passing that discord is getting a nerf, this is second hand hearsay so value it lowly until someone finds the quote
Apparenlty some people playing on comp noticed that they are on 60 tick servers now. Check their netstats and it was actually 60 tick.

Huzzah?

welp time to play comp a whole lot more now

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Never played a game where I experienced so many t-baggers before.

I've watched too many moonmoon streams, I find it hilarious now. Especially at the end of the round when you just look at an opponent and both crouch repeatedly.

zoukka

Ana is fun to play, but getting medals is pretty iffy. Even though I land every single tap (that I spam all the time) to enemies and allies, land all sleeping darts, and boost in right places, I can barely maybe get a healing medal if I'm lucky :/

And never cards.

Anne

For people who don't know, Overwatch's public servers have been running with a client side update of 20 ticks. That's why sometimes you die around corners or have to lead hitscan shots or die after you swear your ability went off. The game wasn't updating fast enough at 20 tick.

According to reddit and other people who I've seen check their netstats, PC servers went from 20 ticks to 60 ticks, which is a very significant upgrade. Should be way less instances of weird stuff like that and higher general accuracy of stuff.

Manoko

For people who don't know, Overwatch's public servers have been running with a client side update of 20 ticks. That's why sometimes you die around corners or have to lead hitscan shots or die after you swear your ability went off. The game wasn't updating fast enough at 20 tick.

According to reddit and other people who I've seen check their netstats, PC servers went from 20 ticks to 60 ticks, which is a very significant upgrade. Should be way less instances of weird stuff like that and higher general accuracy of stuff.

I saw the post on reddit too, but I'm watching Mendokusaii's stream now, and he's playing competitive in EU I believe, and it's still 20 tick.

Edit: Nevermind, I read the IND value wrongly.

Anne

I saw the post on reddit too, but I'm watching Mendokusaii's stream now, and he's playing competitive in EU I believe, and it's still 20 tick.

Weird, I'm watching Gods stream right now and it's a 60 tick server in public comp. Maybe it's just an NA rollout so far? Maybe he needs to restart the game? Idk, but I am seeing 60 tick right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom