• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Just had a game on King's Row and my whole team was absolute garbage. I doubt they even got 10 kills between them. We got steamrolled whilst my record in the game was 31/10. I just couldn't kill all 6 by myself. It was always 3-4 before I died. And no one could back me up. They would always die when they 1v1 someone. Just fucking embarrassing.

I'm giving up for the night. It's not fair that I cant play with people at a similar level to me.

Basically just had the same thing happen to me but like 8 times in a row. :')

It astounds me how just awful people can be at this game.

I just wanted to rank up a couple of times to get to 65 and guarantee myself a gold weapon at the end of the season but I guess I can just go fuck myself.

Edit: I forgot to mention but I even got someone in the top 500 on my team once and we still lost...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Rofl have your ever played any game ever created by Blizzard? Have you ever played Overwatch?! Do you remember post first nerf McCree?

Genji is so done man. I've never anything in a game get that many nerfs.

Dude chill, Genji is not done, so far it's only on the PTR to test, i'm sure things will change before it goes live on the normal servers. They will look at the feedback and see how the community reacts.

One thing is for sure, Genji was OP, he needed a nerf but if that was too much we'll see.

wamberz1

These ptr servers
post-35807-Our-arrows-will-blot-out-the-s-YQT6.gif

ramyeon

So I just woke up and it looks like a lot went down. What are these laughing faces? New emotes as well? Nerfs to Genji? Buffs to Mei? Is there a summary or round up anywhere? Tried searching through the thread but there's a lot of pages since I last checked.

One thing is for sure, Genji was OP, he needed a nerf but if that was too much we'll see.
7th in Solo Kills/Game
8th in Deaths/Game
10th in Winrate
11th in Objective Time
11th in Elims/Game (and 16th in Objective Elims/Game)
13th in Damage/Game
14th in E:D
14th in Cards/Game
15th in Medals/Game (and 19th in Gold Medals/Game)

I know everyone hated getting killed by that ult, though!

Humanic

Neo Member
wait, what are all these updates? And is season 1 done? I'm at 59 and was planning on playing my last few matches this evening!

Ramirez

7th in Solo Kills/Game
8th in Deaths/Game
10th in Winrate
11th in Objective Time
11th in Elims/Game (and 16th in Objective Elims/Game)
13th in Damage/Game
14th in E:D
14th in Cards/Game
15th in Medals/Game (and 19th in Gold Medals/Game)

I know everyone hated getting killed by that ult, though!

I'd like to see his stats at rank 65+.

Random crazy thoughts that swirled around my head during the day, not intended to be well-considered ideas that I would actually endorse, (many are terrible ideas upon reflection :p), but I was trying to think of stuff other than just number tweaking.

• Zenyatta's Discord Orb can only buff allies (why give 2 healers nearly identical abilities, counterpoint, why do 2 healers have abilities that are so similar in the first place)
  • Zenyatta's ultimate reflects hybrid role and does less healing but also damage (spiritual arms throwing balls around is too similar to reaper ult)
  • Swap Lucio's ultimate with his movement speed ability - Healing aura and very small recharging/decaying shield aura - ultimate is much longer movement speed boost (makes Symmetra shield irrelevant, ultimate perhaps too low impact, shield aura broken or useless depending on #s)
  • Mercy's ultimate predictive pre-death buff/cast, similar to Monk's heavenly palm in HOTS, perhaps reviving immediately after buffed character dies or preventing death and healing to full (how long should buff last, does it work on one character or wide aoe, easy to be broken or too hard to use).
  • Symmetra teleporter works both directions to allow defensive retreat/healing (how to make work with 6 charges mechanic)
  • McCree flashbang animation changed to pocket sand
  • Winston shield alternate use - shared CD - makes bubble travel with Winston (shield is already really good)
  • Remove Zarya energy level damage boost on laser but replace with movement speed slow (CC is not fun for players, could be equally good or better)
  • Reduce Zarya energy level damage boost scaling but add in damage burst mechanic to shields when broken and not timed out (good players already avoid damaging shields)
  • Roadhog hook alternate use - shared CD - pulls Roadhog to enemy or friendly player (immersion/physics breaking)
  • Hanzo shooting stances, sonic stance temporarily tags an enemy when hit, bounce stance makes arrow bounce off walls but not split (what to replace normal abilities with, way too powerful with recent hanzo/projectile changes, limited ammo in quiver + reload?)
  • Alternate Rein charge - shared CD - allows a friendly player(s) to be carried forward, (how does a player select/choose to ride, hitboxes)
  • Reaper wraith-form can travel through thin walls/barriers (too hard to implement without bugs, ability already good)
  • Pharah alternate jump-pack use boosts her down instead of up
  • Bastion drone ability, can construct non-damaging drones which patrol area/line and alert when enemy is nearby (too similar to Symmetra's turrets/sonic arrow)
  • Widowmaker max-charge shot fires laser instead of bullet which penetrates shield barriers
  • Tracer rewind has immediate temporal displacement graphics visible at start/end similar to Reaper teleport instead of only when the 'rewind' starts and finishes,

Sn4ke_911

The animation when D.Va drinks and eats doritos is so good, no wonder it is a legendary emote.

Can't wait to see more of those.

Jayhawk

Discord nerf does, somewhat.

Pharah's effective HP with a pre-nerf discord orb is 133.3. With the 30% discord orb, it's bumped up to 153.8. That's just one more bullet from a McCree and the projectile buff helps Zenyatta targeting a Pharah in the air, so not sure how much that 20.5 eHP helps her.

The nerfs to both Lucio and Zen are hardly enough IMO to drive away people from using that comp.

Ana and Mercy will still hardly get picked. Why do you hate me so much Blizzard? What did I do wrong. I spent all that money on loot boxes.

caesar

Banned
The nerfs to both Lucio and Zen are hardly enough IMO to drive away people from using that comp.

Ana and Mercy will still hardly get picked. Why do you hate me so much Blizzard? What did I do wrong. I spent all that money on loot boxes.

20% healing increase which in turn buffs ult? Mercy will be played.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah i don't get the massive overreaction to genji. It just means he can't bypass stuff actually meant to counter him, can't dash across the other side of the map, and can't outlast ults meant to counter his ult. Seems more sensible than anything.

I-hate-u

They buffed Hanzo and Mei, Junkrat was always good and Widow is not bad as well. Torb will never get buffed.

When's Bastion turn?

Alucrid

Banned
shadder, one of the best genjis, on the ptr. irrefutable proof.

maybe you should listen to him instead of just watching him

Sn4ke_911

shadder, one of the best genjis, on the ptr. irrefutable proof.

maybe you should listen to him instead of just watching him

Yeah he cries like everyone else that Genji is not OP anymore.

In the meantime he's wrecking people left and right.

GENJI CAN STILL KILL THINGS, PLS NERF

2016-08-1800_24_52-sh0pxni.png

If this is indicative of the quality of legendary emotes I will run out of coins.

You should see it in motion, it looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom