• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Don't see how that would work with so many characters that have cards which are exclusive to them.

I meant make the teams anonymous. There's usually enough overlap in characters that you wouldn't know exactly which person it was.

Not perfect by any means, just a neat QOL change.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Other people who play Genji.

Stop complaining and git gud.

I see posts like "Genji is now unplayable."

No he's not and shadder is the best proof for it.

2016-08-1800_17_08-shnus4y.png
To be fair, he's potentially the best Genji in the world.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
She can be however much bae you want her to be.

Whippay.

I see that you've seen the fanart thread.

Seriously though, my instinct is that her ult is good now, but there are better ults in the game still and this doesn't really fix the more fundamental stuff.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1 match on PTR played.
3 Hanzos between the two teams.

Yup, tree trunk arrows are definitely back.

Well the PTR is here for people to test the new stuff so i wouldn't expect good team combinations.

To be fair, he's potentially the best Genji in the world.

Yeah that's true.

I'm curious how not so good Genji's react to those nerfs.

Anne

some thoughts:

D.Va - Kind of a whatever change, makes sense cause DM was too good

Hanzo - Makes sense. Dunno how good he'll be but it needed to happen like this

Mei - Like that it pierces shields, think it was fine at 8m and dunno if 10m is too good or not yet.

McCree - whatever change, it's fine. Needed the nerf

Mercy - makes sense, if she's going to be a single target healer her single target HPS should be hella good and it wasn't enough before.

Genji - extremely over nerfed. He won't be unplayable by any means but boy did they knock a lot off him. I don't understand the wall jump change specifically, and I don't understand why they just flat took out his combo. Ult duration makes complete sense but overall it looks like he got hit a bit harder than needed.

Lucio - got a slap on the wrist. I still think having 70% is crazy but it is enough of a nerf to start experimenting with other stuff.

Roadhog - RIP. Pretty big nerf but not the end of the world. He'll still be picked for all the same reasons but you can't rely on dumb bullshit picks to happen for you anymore.

Zenyatta - handled exactly as wanted. He should be fine this way.

I'm kinda sad nothing happened to Soldier but the rest of it seems okay. The sky isn't falling for Genji by any means but it still is kinda shitty knowing things got nerfed that didn't need to be.

We played last night? 😮 I have terrible memory, sorry lol. And I use Reaper if nobody picks him.
So never, basically.

I seem to recall that our group played against a Spine_Ripper multiple times, and we all said you would pick Reaper.

Then you played Lucio and I got confused.

Well the PTR is here for people to test the new stuff so i wouldn't expect good team combinations.

Meh, wasn't really worried about the comp. Just noting the trend that Hanzo is going to be getting a lot more use if these changes go live.

Just to note: my team was the team with two Hanzos, and we won. So yeah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Meh, wasn't really worried about the comp. Just noting the trend that Hanzo is going to be getting a lot more use if these changes go live.

Just to note: my team was the team with two Hanzos, and we won. So yeah.

I mean he's basically used 0 times in higher ranked and pro plays so that's fine.

Anne

Wait. Anne says the hook change is a nerf, yet others have told me it's a buff.

Who to believe ��

Public Test Realm ^^

I read it as "if somebody is hooked that is out of LoS they don't get pulled in."

If it really is "people will just end up in front of him now" then it's a buff, whoops.

That wording is super shit.

Azoor

I honestly never thought Genji needed a nerf in the first place. Most people simply didn't know how to counter him properly.

meshwork

I read it as "if somebody is hooked that is out of LoS they don't get pulled in."

If it really is "people will just end up in front of him now" then it's a buff, whoops.

It's the latter, and yeah it's a very confusing way to write it.

I think it means that instead of getting pulled through a wall, you'll instead get pulled around it. Also means that a wall won't ever block you from getting pulled to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom