• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

Another quick question: does Pharah's rockets disappear after she's been killed? I swear lot of times I fire a rocket directly to an enemy and it just vanishes on my death.

wamberz1

Here's a gif of the hanzo hitbox stuff
5Gk0Pw7.gif

Apathy

It's a deliberate design decision made for game balance. Hanzo's arrows are not hitscan and they don't rapid fire. His projectiles have to be large. Hanzo saw zero play with the "fixed" hitboxes and that was also a problem.

You know how hitboxes work so what's the mystery when Hanzo hits you? This sounds like a 100% psychological issue on your end that your brain cannot handle art assets and hitboxes that do not match. Not an issue with actual balance.

The mystery is why blizzard would change from the perfectly fine no one is complaining hitboxes we have now to the clearly it was broken and reddit/forums/this very OT is filled with salt complains from a shot which should not have hit. The issue here is fairness from a hit. If players see a shot that 100% should not have hit them killing them, it makes the game not fun.

Another quick question: does Pharah's rockets disappear after she's been killed? I swear lot of times I fire a rocket directly to an enemy and it just vanishes on my death.

They seem to, though its been so long since I played pharra that I may be mis-remembering getting killed server-side before my rockets come out.

And yeah, that Zarya taunt is too good to pass up, glad I play the best tank :p

ISOM

It's a deliberate design decision made for game balance. Hanzo's arrows are not hitscan and they don't rapid fire. His projectiles have to be large. Hanzo saw zero play with the "fixed" hitboxes and that was also a problem.

You know how hitboxes work so what's the mystery when Hanzo hits you? This sounds like a 100% psychological issue on your end that your brain cannot handle art assets and hitboxes that do not match. Not an issue with actual balance.

I think this is what it is for a lot of people. It's a game. If people don't complain about Roadhog's Truck size hitboxes for his hooks I don't know why people get hung up on Hanzo's.

matmanx1

Mercy's laughing emote is too cute.

Yeah it is. It's adorable. So is her sitting animation.

I also like Symmetra's sitting and laughing animation. In fact, most of the girls have better laughing and sitting animations than the guys.

Reaper does have a good cackle though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The mystery is why blizzard would change from the perfectly fine no one is complaining hitboxes we have now to the clearly it was broken and reddit/forums/this very OT is filled with salt complains from a shot which should not have hit. The issue here is fairness from a hit. If players see a shot that 100% should not have hit them killing them, it makes the game not fun.

There is no mystery. Hanzo was not seeing play. That was a problem. They fixed the problem.

There is nothing unfair about any of this.

xaosslug

So she's staying grounded and shooting at a Reinhardt shield or helping Zarya build charge?

Or she flies up where she still gets discorded quickly and shot at?

xD

she's not lining up shots, tho, there's no need to now that she's firing cars instead of rockets! ;)

Baleoce

Hanzo's Spirit Dragon voice line now plays when using his Okami and Lone Wolf skins

Wait, is this referencing his ult voice line that's really quiet at the start, or is it just some random voice line that occurs when he's in that skin?

Jayhawk

she's not lining up shots, tho, there's no need to now that she's firing cars instead of rockets! ;)

If you're going to bring up situations where Pharahs know where to aim their rockets, then those situations will have opponents who also know where to aim.

Regardless if she needs to line up shots or not, how is she getting those shots off when she's still vulnerable in the air or the enemies are easily protected from shields and terrain when grounded?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm not sure what they can do but I hope Pharah's ult gets some love, right now it works like the murder-suicide ult. At most you can hope to kill one person but you'll pretty much always die cus the whole team auto look in the sky when they hear the call out.

Been playing on PTR and Hanzo feels pretty strong now. He is going to be in so many games when this goes live (if all these changes go live). Mei ult is massive but still easy enough to escape.

I have been able to effectively shut teams down with Mei in the past on defense but she can become a liability fast, especially against skilled teams that know how to deal with her and stay out of range. I feel like Mei still needs something. Maybe if they made her primary freeze and icicle faster...

Finalow

I think McRee gets swapped with Hanzo now.
nah
to be fair, if they wanted to buff Hanzo because he wasn't being played at all, they could/should have buffed him like they did with Zen or DVA, improving his abilities or HP pool or ultimate or whatever. giving him back the bullshit hitbox is just a lazy and moronic way to do it.

xaosslug

If you're going to bring up situations where Pharahs know where to aim their rockets, then those situations will have opponents who also know where to aim.

Regardless if she needs to line up shots or not, how is she getting those shots off when she's still vulnerable in the air or the enemies are easily protected from shields and terrain when grounded?

she's getting fools (more easily) before they have a chance to get her (which would still be hard because vertical aiming sux on console) ;)

wait, are you talking about PC (where aiming is super easy) or console? Because I'm talking console, where Pharah is still a very big threat, so if this comes to console it makes a problem worse, etc.

aeolist

Banned
i wish the mei buff hadn't been to her ult. it's hard to land but builds so fast you don't have to care and can just chuck it at anyone.

they should have buffed the speed of her left click, the ice stream feels like it takes forever to reach its max range.

Jayhawk

she's getting fools (more easily) before they have a chance to get her (which would still be hard because vertical aiming sux on console) ;)

wait, are you talking about PC (where aiming is super easy) or console? Because I'm talking console, where Pharah is still a very big threat, so if this comes to console it makes a problem worse, etc.

PC... meta discussion is for PC by default, unless otherwise stated. Console doesn't even have PTR for these changes to be tested, so everyone would assume PC when discussing PTR stuff without mentioning platform.

matmanx1

I'm not sure what they can do but I hope Pharah's ult gets some love, right now it works like the murder-suicide ult. At most you can hope to kill one person but you'll pretty much always die cus the whole team auto look in the sky when they hear the call out.

i wish the mei buff hadn't been to her ult. it's hard to land but builds so fast you don't have to care and can just chuck it at anyone.

they should have buffed the speed of her left click, the ice stream feels like it takes forever to reach its max range.

Isn't the hitbox change a buff to Mei as well? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom