• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

tumblr_oc2nnjrUbI1un7uhro1_1280.gif

help I'm in love with a villain

Veelk

Banned
Is there some kind of controller assessory that allows a third trigger on the PS4?

No matter how much I play, I can't seem to get used to one of Genji's abilities being on a face button. I often feel I'm playing him with less control than I was in the default setting, just because that's where I learned all his attack buttons, even if jump required me to take my thumb off the aiming button.

I've read about hooking up a steam controller to a PS4, but the set up for that is pretty extensive and I don't know if I want to do that. Still, I wish Sony would release their own Elite controller like the Xbone did. I'd happily buy it for this one game.

ramyeon

Is there some kind of controller assessory that allows a third trigger on the PS4?

No matter how much I play, I can't seem to get used to one of Genji's abilities being on a face button. I often feel I'm playing him with less control than I was in the default setting, just because that's where I learned all his attack buttons, even if jump required me to take my thumb off the aiming button.

I've read about hooking up a steam controller to a PS4, but the set up for that is pretty extensive and I don't know if I want to do that. Still, I wish Sony would release their own Elite controller like the Xbone did. I'd happily buy it for this one game.
No point playing Genji now anyway.

Apathy

Overwatch |OT6| What you want is a good Hanzo, what you need is a bad Genji

I actually liked what someone else in the thread said, something about one shimada falling and the other being on top or that one shimada must always be on top. something along those lines

Map Genji's jump to L3. Reflect to X. Melee to L1.

"Genji op because Shadder dominates people of equal skill."

Shadder is in the 1% of the 1% of the 1%, it's almost impossible to put him against an entire team of equal skill. He's the best fucking Genji in the world, of course he will dominate lol. People get real salty sometimes.

One guy even suggested that his ult only be 3 or 4 seconds long. XD

Veelk

Banned
No point playing Genji now anyway.

Bah. I can't speak for the high skill level players, but taking away of his quadjumps (I still count bouncing off the wall as a jump) and one combo that wasn't even meant to be in the game feel like it'll render him unplayable for the vast majority of the fan base. If he's really that unplayable, I'm sure blizzard will revert some of the changes, but from reading what his abilites will be like, I'm sure good players can still wreck shit like they're playing MGR:R. The only real nerf of significance that I see is his Ult, and he needed that anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If the servers are 60 tick now would the hitbox rebuffed be that bad? We're still talking about projectiles here. The top tiers use hitscan anyway.

Bah. I can't speak for the high skill level players, but taking away of his quadjumps (I still count bouncing off the wall as a jump) and one combo that wasn't even meant to be in the game feel like it'll render him unplayable for the vast majority of the fan base. If he's really that unplayable, I'm sure blizzard will revert some of the changes, but from reading what his abilites will be like, I'm sure good players can still wreck shit like they're playing MGR:R.
But even some of the best Genjis, Shadder and Seagull, think the nerf was overkill.

When they say it's bad, it's bad.

^^ comp season 1 has officially ended

ramyeon

Bah. I can't speak for the high skill level players, but taking away of his quadjumps (I still count bouncing off the wall as a jump) and one combo that wasn't even meant to be in the game feel like it'll render him unplayable for the vast majority of the fan base. If he's really that unplayable, I'm sure blizzard will revert some of the changes, but from reading what his abilites will be like, I'm sure good players can still wreck shit like they're playing MGR:R.
I was just being facetious.

But honestly just play Tracer.

Beckx

massive lag bubble in my final competitive match and then the "season 1 over" message popped up on screen in the middle of the match. match still finished as normal. going out with a win!

Anne

Still getting triple and quad kills with sword in PTR. Sword is fine as is and really good, anybody arguing that he's fine cause sword is still good i skinda meh though. The rest of the character feels like booty.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Scuf gaming sells some hideous ds4s with paddles. https://scufgaming.com/infinity4ps/

There's also converters that let you hook up a wired XBO controller or MKB to PS4. http://cronusmax.com/cross-over-gaming/

Pooya

If the servers are 60 tick now would the hitbox rebuffed be that bad? We're still talking about projectiles here. The top tiers use hitscan anyway.

yes, just play it. It's hilarious. I have not even played 30 minutes of Hanzo total before, I'm landing headshots without every trying. Let's not even mention how dumb scatter arrow is now, it's free kill guaranteed. Winston? not a problem lol.

LiK

Won the final Comp game of the season with Vault. Good times. May the second season be better. Got my spray and 300 CP.

Veelk

Banned
I was just being facetious.

But honestly just play Tracer.

I never got the hang of tracer as a character. I always keep meaning to, but I usually never want to play her, and I always hate playing against her if the other player is good.

*shrug* maybe I should try her out I guess.

But even some of the best Genjis, Shadder and Seagull, think the nerf was overkill.

When they say it's bad, it's bad.

I don't agree. I'm not saying that maybe on highest level of playing that the nerf might be too much, but these guys are on a different level than 99% of the fanbase.

I think trying to balance the game around the highest skill tier of play is generally bad game design. Ideally, you want to balance around all tiers of play. And for most people, it's too easy to have Genji randomly jump around while it being too hard to hit him. So nerfing his jump reset doesn't seem all that objectionable to me, since even without it, he's still an extremely mobile and vertical character.

KarmaCow

I got three summer skins so far.

One for a character I'm sick of playing (Lucio)
Two for a character that I only don't play but is getting the nerf bat (Genji, so one was a repeat)

pls game

As long as the patch doesn't come on PS4 until Sunday, I'll be happy.

i don't get home from vacation until then and I don't want to get screwed out of my golden gun because the patch made everything 3000 points.

LiK

Got golden gun for Junkrat. He was my MVP this season. I'll award the gold skins to whoever I win the most with.

ramyeon

Not enough CP for a Golden Gun this season but whatever.

Happy that I at least broke 50 after my terrible drop from solo queuing.

I actually got 100 CP just from games won so I should be able to get one during Season 2, got about 160CP now.

LiK

Gave the golden gun to Junkrat confirmed. My MVP for Season 1, brehs. I wonder who I should master next? I was crushing it as D.Va but too many other guys here play her....hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom