• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHall

zarya is about as 'broken' as genji was.

R1280x0

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shiiiiit. Last time I played comp was a few wins into 63 so I could have made 65 if I didn't have to work an awkward night shift and miss the season roll over. Oh well.

I'm really excited for season 2's changes, finally going to wreck people again with Roadhog without getting instantly decimated by a fucking Zenyatta. In the meantime I want to try to get better at Reinhardt, out of all the tanks I feel so clueless with him.

xaosslug

the highest i got in season 1 was 64 and when i turned on the game now it says 0 and i got no rewards at all, is that a common glitch or the season gives no rewards ?

yeah, same thing happened to me the thing popped up on the screen w/ 0:0, thanks for playing s1! I was like wtf? But then I checked and I had all my rewards :)

Finally got all the Summer Games stuff I wanted, 8 sets, and a couple of highlight intros and emotes, without spending a single dime, I win Blizzard.

Blizzard

Banned
like seriously

why is nothing being changed about zarya? a week in and dva's matrix got a small nerf. zarya's been dominating for what feels like an eternity and 'eh she's fine'. How long has she been the most picked tank and 100% picked in KOTH?
What nerf did D.Va's matrix get? Or are you talking about the test server only?

Pooya

I have had two ties in my placements already, so much for it being extremely rare :p

at least it doesn't feel you wasted your time, you get 3 comp point for it btw, in case you thought you get half, nope.

I'm wondering how it affects placement MMR though :\ I hope it's not null.

Roadhog's chain attach area should be reduced. Or add a brief gap between he can fire. Because 9/10 roadhogs I see only get kills off that move.

Recreat3

YOOOOOOO WHATTTTTTT

I just got Smooth as Silk on PS4 by complete accident. I thought I would never get it. :D

I only need 16 more trophies to get the Platinum. Just the really hard ones left.

Nice. I dont think i will ever unlock that unless its a complete fluke. I swear last night i got 4 kills with the genji ult for the slice and dice achievement but it didnt unlock :( I dont think ill ever 1000/1000 this game because theres about 5 or 6 achievements that seem impossible to me without loads of luck and timing.

maomaoIYP

Roadhog's chain attach area should be reduced. Or add a brief gap between he can fire. Because 9/10 roadhogs I see only get kills off that move.
Why don't we nerf it so that roadhog's gun only shoots confetti? His entire kit is based around his hook, which has travel time, easily dodgable, and his weapon only works in very specific ranges.

MUnited83

For you.
swedish torbjorn is the only skin i'm missing
Meanwhile , its the single summer skin I got lol.
Nice. I dont think i will ever unlock that unless its a complete fluke. I swear last night i got 4 kills with the genji ult for the slice and dice achievement but it didnt unlock :( I dont think ill ever 1000/1000 this game because theres about 5 or 6 achievements that seem impossible to me without loads of luck and timing.
yeah, I had a ocasion where I got 5 kills with his ult and didnt the achievement either.

ISOM

Why don't we nerf it so that roadhog's gun only shoots confetti? His entire kit is based around his hook, which has travel time, easily dodgable, and his weapon only works in very specific ranges.

His hook is not easily dodgeable at all especially in the middle of fights where you can't keep track of your positioning. But I do agree that nerfing his hook makes him almost an unplayable character.

Wonderful. I've probably gained around 30 levels since the thing started too.

Yeah, I feel like I got pretty lucky considering all the people getting lots of duplicates and shit, I mean on top of all of that I got me some Legendary skins for winston and mei, hope you share my luck before the event deadline.

duckroll

His hook is not easily dodgeable at all especially in the middle of fights where you can't keep track of your positioning. But I do agree that nerfing his hook makes him almost an unplayable character.

His hook is easily dodged. The situation you described is Roadhog taking advantage of a player's lack of situational awareness while distracted by other enemies. That is the entire point.

In the same way, Dva's ult is easily blocked, but it is "not easily blocked" if the team has no Reinhardt, and the team is distracted during a firefight with no time to react.

The point of it is that you use certain things is advantageous situations!

ISOM

His hook is easily dodged. The situation you described is Roadhog taking advantage of a player's lack of situational awareness while distracted by other enemies. That is the entire point.

In the same way, Dva's ult is easily blocked, but it is "not easily blocked" if the team has no Reinhardt, and the team is distracted during a firefight with no time to react.

The point of it is that you use certain things is advantageous situations!

You can't expect to have situational awareness all the time when you're getting fired on from various direction. One on One yeah he's easy to dodge but in a team fight no he isn't. That's just apart of the game. Even one on one fights it's easy to misjudge the hitbox on his hooks.

Crzy1

Really liking the Mercy buff. Her and Roadhog are pretty powerful now. Genji also feels like he's in a good spot but I'm sure he's going to get left behind in favor of easier to play characters. Hanzo is back to being annoying with his no aim headshots again. The defense matrix nerf needed to happen. D-VA is still strong, but you have to be a bit choosier of when you're using DM.

Liking the changes, hope they adjust Ana's ult before it goes live, but we'll see.

I've seen the hook miss players by a distance, latch on, and drag them through walls. Maybe that's how it appears in the game and on the kill cam. I don't know. And no, it's not difficult to dodge, but I visualize it as dodging an attack cone more than the chain itself.

Roubjon

Yeah, I feel like I got pretty lucky considering all the people getting lots of duplicates and shit, I mean on top of all of that I got me some Legendary skins for winston and mei, hope you share my luck before the event deadline.

I'm gonna grind the shit out of the game until I get that D.Va and Tracer.

You can't expect to have situational awareness all the time when you're getting fired on from various direction. One on One yeah he's easy to dodge but in a team fight no he isn't. That's just apart of the game. Even one on one fights it's easy to misjudge the hitbox on his hooks.
Waaaaaat?

"He can get kills so he's OP"

It's not supposed to be some incredibly hard thing to land. It is literally the way he fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom