• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Welp.

Guess I'll have some fun in quick play before the nerf hits...

ug1ugnX.jpg

Tabby

First 2 games on comp on PTR.

One with the entire team leaving save for me and one other team member.
Another was a complete stomp, didn't even get out of spawn.

Man I hate competitive. It's so soul destroying.

Apathy

First 2 games on comp on PTR.

One with the entire team leaving save for me and one other team member.
Another was a complete stomp, didn't even get out of spawn.

Man I hate competitive. It's so soul destroying.

It's ptr, why get your soul destroyed? people are testing.

Apathy

Because it's not that much different from my placements when season 1 just came out. It happens even on live.

Well it is because it has no meaning so people can and will leave for whatever reason. At least come placement on live people will be less likely to leave (i say that being more hopeful)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When does the next season begin? Whenever the patch that is now on PTR hits?
Sept 6.

DATE AND TIMES

Season 1 will officially end on Wednesday, August 17 at 5:00 p.m. PT (August 18 at 12:00 a.m. UTC). For time zone assistance, and to see when Season 1 will end in your region, visit thetimezoneconverter.com.

Season 2 is currently scheduled to launch on September 6, but this could shift as we continue to work on system improvements. We will be sure to share the exact date and time as we get closer to its release.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748074764

Wow, I wish they waited atleast another week to end season 1. 3 weeks between them is a bit long. Just played a few quick matches and I'm not sure if I'll be playing much if at all until the season is back. All my quick play matches are always so bad =\

Tabby

Well it is because it has no meaning so people can and will leave for whatever reason. At least come placement on live people will be less likely to leave (i say that being more hopeful)

I know what you're saying, people are just testing stuff and it's PTR so it's not for real; I'm just saying, it's reminiscent of my experience with when season 1 competitive came out.

ramyeon

Hanzo's Spirit Dragon voice line now plays when using his Okami and Lone Wolf skins
Didn't notice this first time I read it. So it's the same line as the default skins now? I suppose this is a good thing, since it was hard to hear the first part of the Okami/Wolf line.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
like seriously

why is nothing being changed about zarya? a week in and dva's matrix got a small nerf. zarya's been dominating for what feels like an eternity and 'eh she's fine'. How long has she been the most picked tank and 100% picked in KOTH?

Anne

like seriously

why is nothing being changed about zarya? a week in and dva's matrix got a small nerf. zarya's been dominating for what feels like an eternity and 'eh she's fine'. How long has she been the most picked tank and 100% picked in KOTH?

Eh, she has a high pickrate but she is also dominant because of the meta and isn't causing any serious issues with strat or character diversity.

ramyeon

like seriously

I honestly have no issues with Zarya as she is and I'm not sure what you are suggesting should be changed about her.

like seriously

She's fine. She's really good, but nothing about her screams broken or anything.

Kind of bummed that there is no more comp play until september. But i did get 200 comp points! Now to decide which gold weapon i'm going to buy...

bender

What time is it?
300 bonus points is nice. I can afford two golden guns now. I think it will be Lucio and Reinhardt. Going back quick play is going to be rough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly have no issues with Zarya as she is and I'm not sure what you are suggesting should be changed about her.

in competitive games when a hero is chosen in nearly every game, like the recent international, there is an indication that the hero is too strong and the dev reacts to it. this happened to geni, apparently this happened to lucio, it happened to mccree, then unhappened.

but zarya has been strong since release and no one has said anything. none of her counters got buffed(the extremely slim few she has) and it's not like she suddenly became popular in the current meta. she was popular before then. she's like reinhardt except reinhardt has his weakness in KOTH. there's little reason to NOT bring Zarya
She's fine. She's really good, but nothing about her screams broken or anything.

zarya is about as 'broken' as genji was.

YOOOOOOO WHATTTTTTT

I just got Smooth as Silk on PS4 by complete accident. I thought I would never get it. :D

I only need 16 more trophies to get the Platinum. Just the really hard ones left.

I don't know, I seem to see McCree in most pro games I watch just like Zarya. Are you saying he should be nerfed too? Or how about Rein, who also gets picked a lot? Reaper?

xviper

the highest i got in season 1 was 64 and when i turned on the game now it says 0 and i got no rewards at all, is that a common glitch or the season gives no rewards ?

LiK

the highest i got in season 1 was 64 and when i turned on the game now it says 0 and i got no rewards at all, is that a common glitch or the season gives no rewards ?

You should have 200 extra CP and the player icon/spray is in the usual sections. There's no notifications for them.

bender

What time is it?
I'm lvl98 now. Really need to power through to 100, so I can take advantage of the exp curve reset for a fast 20 lootboxes before the 22nd... >_<

Level 79 and was hoping to do the same. Not sure how quick play is going to effect how long it takes to level though.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm just playing Quick Play, and that I don't have to constantly consider the "meta" when just fucking around in random matches. After getting creamed for half a match, I looked at the team comp and thought, "Hmm, normally this would have been around the time I pulled out Pharah back when I first started, considering there aren't any hitscan enemies. But she's barely used in pro play... and I haven't played her in a while and..." Got over it and picked her, and we ended up winning the match with me having three gold medals.

Oh, and got American McCree in a random box drop a few matches later, which was the last Summer Games item I was hoping to get (got just about everything else except Swedish Torbjorn and a few voice lines). All in all, a good night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know, I seem to see McCree in most pro games I watch just like Zarya. Are you saying he should be nerfed too? Or how about Rein, who also gets picked a lot? Reaper?

Reaper exists because of the Zarya problem and previously the Twinston problem. Reaper is the case of the game not having good tank busters other than him. Because Bastion, the only other tank buster, is bordering on completely useless in a real team vs team fight. McCree is in a great spot but you don't remember McCree killing you throughout the game as a person who goes and posts on forums. You remember that one Genji killing 4 people with his sword.

Reinhardt is necessary for Payload and I think that's a bigger problem in regards to Payload and their poor selection of actual tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom