• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a Halloween event, it will be for Reaper, Junkrat, Widow, and Roadhog.

Widow will have a spider costume.
Junkrat will have a pumpkin head.
Reaper might get a costume of one of the four horsemen, maybe?
Roadhog.....I don't know.

Actually, the four horsemen thing makes sense. His default would be Death, he has a Plague skin, maybe he'd get a skin based on War? That could be cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really hope the next events allow you to purchase the skins for gold. If they change that I may actually buy some lootboxes...

I doubt it, they also said you can get special event skins only at those events.

They want you to look forward to it every year and keep it special, so not everyone runs around with it.

Welp.

Odrion

Banned
man blizzard went in hard on genji

right now i don't think the lucio nerf is going to change the rate at which he's picked for ~esports~ but who knows

If there is a Halloween event, it will be for Reaper, Junkrat, Widow, and Roadhog.

Roadhog pumpkin tattoo on his stomach with a theme of some adult going trick or treating and stealing candy from kids. Some kind of gotcha hand with candy on it for his hook. At least that's what I picture.

I doubt it, they also said you can get special event skins only at those events.

They want you to look forward to it every year and keep it special, so not everyone runs around with it.

(And make way more money in the process) I won't buy a single lootbox if they keep it like that. Still love the game, just disappointed.

Sn4ke_911

Actually, the four horsemen thing makes sense. His default would be Death, he has a Plague skin, maybe he'd get a skin based on War? That could be cool.

lFkr4OJ.jpg

Odrion

Banned
I want a evil Mei for Halloween.

"I'm.... NOT sorry. Bwahaha."

edit: the McCree ult nerf is unfortunate, because there was value in using it to zone out the other team and keeping the 50%. So there's less versatility now.

Beckx

when do they go all in with the Blizzard universe skins?

Mercy = Queen of Blades
Reaper = Malthael
Rein = Arthas (or some of the prominent paladins, i am forgetting them now, been too long)

Would love some goofy skins for the more serious characters. Soldier dressed up like a clown, Reaper dressed up like a luchador would be aboslutely incredible.

Odrion

Banned
when do they go all in with the Blizzard universe skins?

Mercy = Queen of Blades
Reaper = Malthael
Rein = Arthas (or some of the prominent paladins, i am forgetting them now, been too long)
Well, this already exists in HOTS:

2016-08-1619_29_30-invbrp3.png

Which bears the question: WHY IS ZARYA'S ONLY GOOD SKIN NOT IN OVERWATCH

Now hat I think about it more, I like the idea of adding 4 Legendary Halloween skins based on the four horsemen.

Reaper=Death(duh)
Roadhog=War
Widow=Famine
Junkrat=Conquest

I think the Widow and Junk ones could be swapped, but death and war fit hog and reaper. I want them.

exYle

Fuck me sideways with a rake

I knew solo queue could be bad but WHAT THE FUCK

I'm like 3-11 right now how the fuck is this happening

Sn4ke_911

Fuck me sideways with a rake

I knew solo queue could be bad but WHAT THE FUCK

I'm like 3-11 right now how the fuck is this happening

Are you talking about the PTR? if yes most people are there to test stuff.

And if you talk about quick play, yeah well nobody gives a shit anymore in this mode and you shouldn't either.

It's like practice mode now.

Damn QP is a total mess now lol. People just trolling with Symmetra teleports etc.

Anyone on PS4 playing?

Hmm really? Yesterday, I must have played like 10 games and almost none had any gimmick teams or multiple dupes. In fact, we barely had anyone leave during that whole session. Was a pretty decent day as far as team comps went.

Yeah it seems like with 6 seconds, you have to be Shadder good to get more than 3 kills, unless the entire enemy team is standing right next to each other and you hit multiple people with every strike, 4 kills seems impossible for Genji, especially on console. Bring back triple jump and combo and I'll be happy though.

That would make his ULT consistent with everyone else no? The most efficient use of anyone's ult is to use when they're all grouped up together...

He definitely doesn't need his triple jump back, he already has 2 passive abilities, already more than anyone else in the cast. It was meant to help out newer players use genji, but total abuse with anyone who is decent/mains him. I agree his combo can definitely stay, he doesn't do much damage, and it was more of a finishing blow more than anything.

Yeah it seems like with 6 seconds, you have to be Shadder good to get more than 3 kills, unless the entire enemy team is standing right next to each other and you hit multiple people with every strike, 4 kills seems impossible for Genji, especially on console. Bring back triple jump and combo and I'll be happy though.

Basically RIP platinum trophy dream
that was already killed by Zen trophy lol

LiK

And if you talk about quick play, yeah well nobody gives a shit anymore and you shouldn't either.

He's on console so not PTR. Altho I wouldn't take PTR seriously either if I played it since nothing carries over.

Sianos

Anyone have a picture of Pharah's Raptorian skin with the golden weapon? I'm thinking of maybe spending my saved up coins and end of season rewards on that and would appreciate getting a preview.

exYle

And if you talk about quick play, yeah well nobody gives a shit anymore in this mode and you shouldn't either.

I think I'm mostly frustrated because I'm in the 97th percentile of all D.Va's on PS4 and I'm trying to get myself a numbered rank, and I can't do that if I'm not winning

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now how can rein's shield stay unbroken even with that many bastions? This unrealistic approach really takes me out of it.

Blues1990

Now how can rein's shield stay unbroken even with that many bastions? This unrealistic approach really takes me out of it.

I know you're joking, but the shorts do take a lot of liberties from the games mechanics. I mean, Reaper doesn't have a grenade launcher, now does he?

AngryMoth

Got caught in the trap of just playing the heroes I am most successful with in competitive, which was pretty much just Zen, D.Va and Genji. Gonna use this quick play opportunity to reacquaint myself with my true favourite; Mei. Mwuahahahaha.

By the way what's in the ps4 patch I'm downloading now???

When you get those randoms that are just so good.
👌👌👌👌👌

Came in as a backfil.
Another player joins as backfill.

I pick Genji
He picks Ana

Hold last point on dorado for 5 minutes with the help of Anas ult.

Player knew exact when to use it and i could tell exactly when the player wanted me to get it.

Sn4ke_911

I don't like playing on the PTR, because i just unlocked a new achievement for Hanzo since i didnt play him much on the normal servers. So now i have to do it again...

Also no exp or lootboxes carry over.

I like to see the new emotes and skins and maybe try the hero changes out for a few matches but that's about it.

I think I'm mostly frustrated because I'm in the 97th percentile of all D.Va's on PS4 and I'm trying to get myself a numbered rank, and I can't do that if I'm not winning

Oh i see, if that is your goal then yeah it really sucks losing on quick play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom