• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Has there been any sales for the game? I heard they had -40% sale at some point, shame I missed that myself.
Can't bring myself to pay that high price for Mp only but I enjoyed my time in Beta so thinking joining the fray at some point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has there been any sales for the game? I heard they had -40% sale at some point, shame I missed that myself.
Can't bring myself to pay that high price for Mp only but I enjoyed my time in Beta so thinking joining the fray at some point.

Game's never been on sale. Blizzard usually doesn't put their games on sale until the next expansion is out or coming out. And I doubt this'll have expansions and I doubt it'll go below $40

Kudo

Game's never been on sale. Blizzard usually doesn't put their games on sale until the next expansion is out or coming out. And I doubt this'll have expansions and I doubt it'll go below $40

Makes sense, there's no DLC pass and lots of free content. I guess the -40% sale was for the physical release somewhere.
I'll keep looking, thanks.

Everyone who doesn't play Genji much disagrees, a good player could kill the entire team with his ult pre nerf.

Yep, every time a Genji pops an ult I think "well, there goes my team (and me too) for the next 8 seconds". Even if half the team immediately turns to fight him he still manages to take out the vast majority of people. I've always hated how he can be a 1-man death machine even though many other ults aren't that "solo-able". On that note, Zarya's ult remains highly situational and mostly useless trash unless you're in a well-coordinated team. That's an ult Blizzard needs to look at.

Hanzo buffs are bull, tho. He's my least favorite character by far. Way too many players simply spam arrows and are constantly rewarded for it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because Junkrat can't instantly kill you with a blind headshot from across the map although the arrow missed you by about 5 meters.

Eh to be fair I've died plenty of time from junkrat randomly spamming on the point.

And believe you me I get fucking salty about junkrat.

Squire

Banned
why do people get so salty about hanzo arrows killing them but not junkrat spam killing them?

Oh, I do. I fuckong hate hate Junkrat the past few weeks. Same lucky shot issue as Hanzo. Just aim upwards and pray.

Because Junkrat can't instantly kill you with a blind headshot from across the map although the arrow missed you by about 5 meters.

He can and does. Regularly. I've seen post-death replays that've made me want to throw my controller out of my bedroom window.

Also because bad Hanzo players are much shittier than bad Junkrat players. At the very least a bad Junkrat player will occasionally hit a bomb and deal some damage, but a bad Hanzo only gets lucky kills at best and generally sits somewhere in a corner trying to land his arrows.

Sidenote btw, I do hate getting instagibbed by Junkrat spam as well, but it's just not as prevalent or utter bullshit as Hanzo's headshot hitboxes, at least imo.

Skii

I'm wondering how do you fix Hanzo so that he feels fair to the opponents but is actually good enough to be picked over McCree in certain situations.

KarmaCow

I'm wondering how do you fix Hanzo so that he feels fair to the opponents but is actually good enough to be picked over McCree in certain situations.

Fix McCree. He's in a weird limbo state right now where they don't know how balance FTH and his left click while also keeping him viable.

Apathy

Oh, I do. I fuckong hate hate Junkrat the past few weeks. Same lucky shot issue as Hanzo. Just aim upwards and pray.

He can and does. Regularly. I've seen post-death replays that've made me want to throw my controller out of my bedroom window.

He cant because grenades/rockets can't headshot

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fix McCree. He's in a weird limbo state right now where they don't know how balance FTH and his left click while also keeping him viable.

Uh, mccree, is plenty good now. Left click midrange, right click close range all feel very fair yet powerful.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yep, every time a Genji pops an ult I think "well, there goes my team (and me too) for the next 8 seconds". Even if half the team immediately turns to fight him he still manages to take out the vast majority of people. I've always hated how he can be a 1-man death machine even though many other ults aren't that "solo-able".

Exactly.

ramyeon

I don't really care about Zarya since i don't play her much but i really really want Tracer's HOTS skin.

spectreTracer_frame.jpg

nkBife4.jpg

So badass.
These are terrible too.

Beckx

Seagull was always good with Hanzo

yeah but if you've been watching his streams lately, on the normal servers his Hanzo could never rival the kill counts and streaks that he got on Genji. now he's basically achieving the same numbers on PTR that he was doing in season 1 w/ Genji. part of that is him learning to play Hanzo at a top level again. but part of it is the buffs, too.

Anne

Current PTR Hanzo is a bit too good.

"I feel like I could carry almost as good as with Widow back in Widow meta, which means it's probably a little overtuned" - Gods on Hanzo last night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
like if you think Hanzo is bullshit not even trying to kill you kills, Junkrat is the epitome of 'i'm just spamming and OH got a kill!'

You might think Hanzo is bullshit spamming but most Hanzos are spamming at specific points. Don't have a Reinhardt taking hte first turn on Hollywood that has a perfect clear shot for Hanzo? Guess what? You're going to get headshot. And you have no one to blame but yourself.

Anne

Junkrat can't 1v1 people reliably though. He just spams and if anybody gets in a range that he can't answer he just automatically dies.

You jump on Hanzo and either feel you get hit by bullshit to scattershot happens. That's not actually a problem balance wise, but even pro players say "right now you just pick Hanzo and pray that you bullshit people." PTR Hanzo is less luck based and more skill based in PTR right now, but people won't let that shit go.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING

MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING

MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING

MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING

MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING

Holy shit Tracer STFU.

Thank god you can mute people who spam those comments. This shit would drive me insane.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Junkrat can't 1v1 people reliably though. He just spams and if anybody gets in a range that he can't answer he just automatically dies.

You jump on Hanzo and either feel you get hit by bullshit to scattershot happens. That's not actually a problem balance wise, but even pro players say "right now you just pick Hanzo and pray that you bullshit people." PTR Hanzo is less luck based and more skill based in PTR right now, but people won't let that shit go.

Play with a random selection of Hanzos and Junkrats. I guarantee you Junkrat survives more 1vs1 than the Hanzo. Guarantee it. Junkrat is one of the few heroes in the game that can kill Reaper or Tracer fairly reliably.

PTR is PTR and there's not enough to talk about that right now. But I've played more Hanzo than Junkrat and I know I can survive someone on my balls better as Junkrat than I can as Hanzo. Just because Scatter Arrow killed you the one time didn't mean Hanzo didn't try it before and have only 1 or 2 arrows hit you. You don't remember that. You just remember the one time that he did kill you.

Zeliard

McCree's a beast. If anything he's the biggest reason we may not see as much Genji anymore, because a McCree with good aim can more easily pick the Genji out of the sky now (same with Hanzo if he makes it to live in this state). Genji's triple jump nerf hurts his ability to escape and generally be slippery, and McCree can also survive longer due to Genji's burst nerf.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out. Players seem generally okay with the ult nerf, and to some extent the burst nerf, but when you add those to the triple jump nerf it hurts Genji in too many areas at once.

At one point in the beta they lowered Genji's health to 150 and he became nearly unplayable because he was too vulnerable. The triple jump nerf isn't as drastic as that but if the Genji becomes too easy to kill or has to work too hard to do his thing relative to other heroes, he similarly will see a lot less play.

Anne

Honestly? If Junkrat is consistently winning 1v1s then he's playing against somebody that is way lower skill level than him. He's not going to BS a better player out a of a 1v1. Hanzo is going to sometimes BS a better player out of a 1v1 even at the pro level.

Junkrat can sometimes BS Tracer out of a 1v1 cause Trac'ers range + mine, but even then there's a skill check where Tracer can just win for free.

Animator

Fam...

Why so serious?

QP is fine. Just have fun. You don't have to play Lucio and shit just to be a 'good teammate' play whoever the fuck you want.

Problem is qp is not fun nor does it help you get better in the game because 9 out of 10 matches are cheese team comps with multiple torbs or whatever or the same "it's just qp bro" mentality where nobody plays the objective.

Anne

Problem is qp is not fun nor does it help you get better in the game because 9 out of 10 matches are cheese team comps with multiple torbs or whatever or the same "it's just qp bro" mentality where nobody plays the objective.

You can practice your mechanics against real people at least. Everybody needs to work really hard on their mechanics and QP is basically a live training room for that.

I think the trolls are just rampant in QP now because they know all the comp peeps are in the same game mode. Ice Walling ally meis and 6-of-same-hero teams happened maybe 10% of the time during S1

LiK

Honestly? If Junkrat is consistently winning 1v1s then he's playing against somebody that is way lower skill level than him. He's not going to BS a better player out a of a 1v1. Hanzo is going to sometimes BS a better player out of a 1v1 even at the pro level.

Junkrat can sometimes BS Tracer out of a 1v1 cause Trac'ers range + mine, but even then there's a skill check where Tracer can just win for free.

as long as i can get them into a steel trap, i can use a combination of mine and grenades to take them out usually. only the really highly skilled players know to avoid it but many don't when they're running around like crazy. good Genjis were my greatest foes recently in Comp but with the dash nerf, it'll be better for me to trap them. i can do okay against Tracers unless they're super good. most tend to blink right into my trap for easy kills.

maybe i'll get PC in the future and we can play together so i'm not all talk. :p

ramyeon

So do we have a rough idea of what ranks from Season 1 equate to which tiers in Season 2 now that people are playing it on PTR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom