• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you fucking kidding me.

I just got the Australia player icon TWICE IN THE SAME LOOT BOX.

This fucking duplicate system man.

CU2UYOnh.jpg

ramyeon

Guess everyone migrating from comp needs to get all their pent up need to stack and troll out of their system.

Last night was a shitshow in QP for me.

One thing I do like about no comp is that everyone doesn't care about what hero you pick, and those who do just get yelled at by everyone saying its QP

Just had a round where I was the only one on the payload the entire round. Managed to push it to the end but lost because my team was nowhere to be found. I hate people sometimes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why are gold weapons so easy to get? there are so many people running around with them, this should be something really special.

I don't want everyone to run around with it, whats the point?

Would have been way better if only top 500 players get gold weapons.

Beckx

lol

knocked genji off volkskaya w/ lucio's alt fire and then emoted....and immediately got knocked off by d.va

i so, so deserved that

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Why are gold weapons so easy to get? there are so many people running around with them, this should be something really special.

No thanks, I like my gold axe.

Gravidee

So if we miss out on summer items this year we can get them again next year? That seems fine to me considering that I thought we'd never be able to get them again after the 23rd.

ramyeon

So if we miss out on summer items this year we can get them again next year? That seems fine to me considering that I thought we'd never be able to get them again after the 23rd.
Yes, seasonal events are planned to be annual.

And they are probably going to add new stuff to the pool when they return too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Or let more people have their fun?

Sn4ke_911

Whats wrong Sn4ke? Do you not feel special in ow anymore?

lol im far away from being top 500.

I'm not talking about me, i'm saying only people like Seagull, Shadder and all the other really good players should get gold weapons.

Dude rank 60 is considered to be the top 6%.

I'd consider rank 60 above average and 70+ good but still not really good :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think there's really any point to devising this competitive points reward system if only 500 players got anything 4 times a year. That's just a gross misappropriation of resources.

darklin0

Banned
I am starting to sweat. I have had amazing luck with legendaries and I have spent $0 so far.

We are getting close to the end of the event and I still have to get the Tracer legendary. I cry cause I got both Lucio and both Zarya skins and the other 3 orange drops were Bloodhardt, Money, and 500 coins. T-T

Sn4ke_911

I don't think there's really any point to devising this competitive points reward system if only 500 players got anything 4 times a year. That's just a gross misappropriation of resources.

Then what about World of Warcraft? only really good players in guilds get to see the high-end dungeons and can get their loot.

Then what about World of Warcraft? only really good players in guilds get to see the high-end dungeons and can get their loot.
There's a big difference with a game that's all about getting better loot and a game that only has cosmetics for
loot that make no difference in the game itself.

If it makes no difference in the game, I see no problem with it. It would only be a problem if it was easy to get all the gold weapons.

Animator

I'm not talking about me, i'm saying only people like Seagull, Shadder and all the other really good players should get gold weapons.

No thanks, I like my gold weapon.

Sn4ke_911

There's a big difference with a game that's all about getting better loot and a game that only has cosmetics for
loot that make no difference in the game itself.

Hm yeah well again, i stay to my point, after a few years of Overwatch everyone will be running around with their gold weapons and imo that sucks.

Petition to rename the game to Goldwatch.

No thanks, I like my gold weapon.

Which one did you choose?

Hm yeah well again, i stay to my point, after a few years of Overwatch everyone will be running around with their gold weapons and imo that sucks.

Which one did you choose?
Well when your time frame is a few years, everyone is going to have everything, so...

And that's if the game is still popular after a few years.

Sn4ke_911

Well when your time frame is a few years, everyone is going to have everything, so...

And that's if the game is still popular after a few years.

Blizzard games have a very long lifetime and OW will be no different.

LiK

Petition to rename the game to Goldwatch.

looking too far into the future. let's enjoy the here and now and enjoy our sweet sweet gold skins. who knows, i might not even play after second season.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There will be diamond weapons by then that you can ogle.

Sn4ke_911

looking too far into the future. let's enjoy the here and now and enjoy our sweet sweet gold skins. who knows, i might not even play after second season.

Even if you get bored after season 2 (which you will most likely not) you will always come back for the new content like maps, modes and new heroes.

That's the magic of Blizzard.

We should have started with wood weapons.

Sn4ke_911

I won't be running around with a gold weapon even if i can get it because fuck gold weapons. Gaudy ass shit.

lol yeah, i bet after a few months or so running around with normal weapons counts as being special then :p

LiK

Even if you get bored after season 2 (which you will most likely not) you will always come back for the new content like maps, modes and new heroes.

That's the magic of Blizzard.

We should have started with wood weapons.

no, we should have felt weapons. nice and soft.

I won't be running around with a gold weapon even if i can get it because fuck gold weapons. Gaudy ass shit.

the gaudiness is what makes them special.

Blizzard games have a very long lifetime and OW will be no different.
Yes but this is different from the other currently popular Blizz games. Diablo is already a perfect game, WoW will be played regardless, and Hearthstone is fucking meth in the form of a video game. But these games have been out for awhile and have already been fine tuned. One mistake by Blizzard could kill this game. I'm not saying that's likely because come on, it's Blizzard, but everyone can make mistakes, and that could happen.

You can't just look into the future and say it's gonna be fine. Anything can happen. There's also other games you have to take into account that can take away some of the player base.

Sn4ke_911

Yes but this is different from the other currently popular Blizz games. Diablo is already a perfect game, WoW will be played regardless, and Hearthstone is fucking meth in the form of a video game. But these games have been out for awhile and have already been fine tuned. One mistake by Blizzard could kill this game. I'm not saying that's likely because come on, it's Blizzard, but everyone can make mistakes, and that could happen.

You can't just look into the future and say it's gonna be fine. Anything can happen. There's also other games you have to take into account that can take away some of the player base.

What mistakes are you talking about? because mistakes like nerfing x hero won't change a thing.

Also 15 million player is more than WoW ever had. Think about that, you won't lose this many people over night or over "a mistake".

This game won't go anywhere in the next few years.

exYle

Maybe you're just skilled enough to be getting matched with people who got their golden weapons.

You should play with 40s, dude. Relatively speaking, players in the 60s are really fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom