• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

as long as i can get them into a steel trap, i can use a combination of mine and grenades to take them out usually. only the really highly skilled players know to avoid it but many don't when they're running around like crazy. good Genjis were my greatest foes recently in Comp but with the dash nerf, it'll be better for me to trap them. i can do okay against Tracers unless they're super good. most tend to blink right into my trap for easy kills.

You have to get them in a trap though. What do you do about a player that just stands outside of mine/trap distance and strafes?

Either they walk into area denial and die (not a 1v1 situation), or Junkrat gets caught and dies.

Not dissing on Junkrat cause I think he's good at his job, just saying a good player won't get BSed by him in a 1v1.

FUN IS NOT ON THE MENU!!

for real though, people need to lighten up over QP.

Honestly. Maybe it's because I play QP almost exclusively, and so I've gotten used to a lot of the bullshit. But the people saying, "This is so little fun that I feel like quitting the game altogether until competitive is back!" make me just shake my head.

ramyeon

I just want an option I can turn on so I only get matched up with solo players, I don't care if it takes longer.
This isn't going to happen. If it did, everyone would want to do that and it would become impossible to fill in missing slots for groups less than 6.

Veelk

Banned
My god, some of the teammates in QP.

I take out atleast 2 people, and make it to the objective, and literally the entirety of the rest of my team is fooling around at the first chokepoint of anubis. I find it impossible to believe 3 people held down my entire team of 5, but that's the only conclusion I'm left with here.

ZangBa

This isn't going to happen. If it did, everyone would want to do that and it would become impossible to fill in missing slots for groups less than 6.

Nah, not everyone. Most people probably wouldn't even know about it if they just sneaked it in.

Skii

Play with a random selection of Hanzos and Junkrats. I guarantee you Junkrat survives more 1vs1 than the Hanzo. Guarantee it. Junkrat is one of the few heroes in the game that can kill Reaper or Tracer fairly reliably.

Junkrat is definitely a lot better than Hanzo at close range at the moment. With Reaper, Hanzo is basically finished if he can't land a head shot on me. With Junkrat, he can easily escape with a mine, trap me or just spam bombs. And if you're losing a fight against a Junkrat and try to wraith away to health/cover, they can usually shoot a few grenades into that general area before wraith finishes ensuring the kill.

Sayad

Dunno how new this is but.. well..

D.VA just got a Dew&Doritos Emote:

https://twitter.com/diiishiii/status/765979561603411968
Eats Doritos with her hand... Go back to holding the controller!

137593505136.jpg

LiK

You have to get them in a trap though. What do you do about a player that just stands outside of mine/trap distance and strafes?

Either they walk into area denial and die (not a 1v1 situation), or Junkrat gets caught and dies.

Not dissing on Junkrat cause I think he's good at his job, just saying a good player won't get BSed by him in a 1v1.

most don't just stand there tho. and it's easy to drop the trap again after the cooldown. i never let the trap just sit there. i always move around and then pop another one nearby. unless they're paying attention, they usually fall for it. killed plenty of guys in 1v1 with no major issues in Comp because of it. it saved my life quite often because of it as well. love the trap.

Search your battletag here. The icons are here.

yeesh, i have 40 hours played for Junkrat in Comp. ROFL

also, it saved my last known rank and not season high. that's a bummer.

Anne

most don't just stand there tho. and it's easy to drop the trap again after the cooldown. i never let the trap just sit there. i always move around and then pop another one nearby. unless they're paying attention, they usually fall for it. killed plenty of guys in 1v1 with no major issues in Comp because of it. it saved my life quite often because of it as well. love the trap.

A good player won't fall for that though, they're gonna pay attention. Like, yeah you just run away from the 1v1 and try to set something else up. A better player will either kill you before you get away or just not chase and go win a fight/push while you're not littering an area with bombs.

I get what you're saying that it works for you, but I'm also saying it works because you're not fighting people that are actually good at consistently dealing with Junkrat.

Prelude.

Mine doesn't match any of the icons.
http://i.imgur.com/cz21Nva.png[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/6SmF5xI.png[img]

I guess it's closest to Platinum.[/QUOTE]
Weird, wonder what that is. I'm pretty sure the site used to show only a number and not the number below an icon.

LiK

That displays your current rank, not the highest.

that's what i just said.

A good player won't fall for that though, they're gonna pay attention. Like, yeah you just run away from the 1v1 and try to set something else up. A better player will either kill you before you get away or just not chase and go win a fight/push while you're not littering an area with bombs.

I get what you're saying that it works for you, but I'm also saying it works because you're not fighting people that are actually good at consistently dealing with Junkrat.

ok, so i guess i only played against shitty players in my entire Comp career. i get you.

Prelude.

that's what i just said.
It sounded like you were saying it didn't update when you had the highest, like 3rd party sites do, and that wasn't what the site is supposed to do.

Is it just the rank icon from Season 1? Can't even remember what that looked like, they're all to similar without the colours.
I don't think season 1 had icons, but this one changes based on the level. I have the fourth icon and I checked a lv70 and he had the 6th icon.
It's something they changed recently because I noticed it first yesterday ingame and then I looked up on the site and there it was.

Maybe the first competitive in beta? That might have had icons.

LiK

It sounded like you were saying it didn't update when you had the highest, like 3rd party sites do, and that wasn't what the site is supposed to do.

I don't think season 1 had icons, but this one changes based on the level. I have the fourth icon and I checked a lv70 and he had the 6th icon.
It's something they changed recently because I noticed it first yesterday ingame and then I looked up on the site and there it was.

my highest was 67 and by the time Comp ended, i was 64 from just messing around in the final few hours. the icon that matches the most to the new S2 is the 6th one. but they're not completely identical.

ramyeon

It had this one:

Edit: Seems like it did have rank icons but I never took much notice of them.

Anne

ok, so i guess i only played against shitty players in my entire Comp career. i get you.

I'm not gonna say shitty, but you have played against people who fail to respect and play around Junkrat on a regular basis. That's pretty normal early on into a game's lifespan like this one; we're only 3 months or so in so even higher ranking players will fuck it up, myself included. That doesn't mean that as people get better they won't start playing it around it the same way the best players do. If it can be played around, people are gonna start doing it.

Veelk

Banned
I still wonder about the changes made to the hitboxes.

I just played Hanzo earlier today, and it's probably the best game I had with him that I could remember. The enemy team pushed it nearly to the end, but in the last hold out, arrow after arrow found it's mark, and it got to the point where the team seems to be specifically going after me to stop me from killing them.

If this is what I, a mediocre player, can do with Hanzo when the hitboxes are normal, how is that going to work when he's shooting logs again?

I understand that on high levels of play, he might be outdone, so maybe making those hitboxes a little larger is justified. But if this is how much margin of error I have, then idk, it feels like they'll overpower him.

LiK

I'm not gonna say shitty, but you have played against people who fail to respect and play around Junkrat on a regular basis. That's pretty normal early on into a game's lifespan like this one; we're only 3 months or so in so even higher ranking players will fuck it up, myself included. That doesn't mean that as people get better they won't start playing it around it the same way the best players do. If it can be played around, people are gonna start doing it.

that's right, no one can beat Junkrat!

Get ready guys, noob story incoming.

>Get tired of friends bugging me about Overwatch
>Buy and download
>Play tutorial and hop online
>Join a game
>"Low Offence Heroes"
>Know nothing about anyone but pick Reaper cause I've heard things
>Do amazing
>9 kill streak first life
>We win
>POTG
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>Guy on other team is super salt
>"just because you play reaper doesn't make you good"
>"you ******** ****"
>Must be doing something right
>Next game
>Win again
>Leave to open loot boxes
>Guy adds me
>Proceeds to then list off why I should kill myself

Is the the Overwatch experience I was missing out on?

ramyeon

Yeah, no idea how that works, then. I can't find pictures of all the icons in the beta but they only had 4 tiers so it can't be that.
Yeah, I can't find a list of the Season 1 ones either. Only the Season 2 ones. Doesn't seem like the ones on the official site reflect Season 2 though.

Prelude.

Get ready guys, noob story incoming.

Is the the Overwatch experience I was missing out on?
You just started, your MMR is nothing, you got paired with other noobs or possibly the lowest of the low in the MMR.

Also, if someone on the enemy team sends you a friend request after a match it's not because they were impressed by your skill. They can't send private messages without adding you.

Anne

ah the old ' but a good player' defense. should be a drinking game in this thread

I mean, I'm just saying this goes both ways.

"I'm good with the character and I pull this shit off, because I'm good I can do it."

"Higher level players have proven that can be consistently beaten."

Could call either of those a "better player" argument, but one of them is backed up with more credibility.

Personally, if I could win 1v1s with Junkrat I'd be happy I could do that to some people, but I also know when I run into people that know how to actually stop that from happening I'll have to switch or build around not taking 1v1s.

Xero

You're terrible!

The Olympic skin seems neat now since it's new and the Olympics are happening. But once all that is over you're going to look at that skin and realize the objective truth: gym cloths aren't cool

winter soldier skin is zaryas best skin

Tonight was kind of a shitshow. All the people from comp are in Quick Play and every match has been so weird. Lots more stacks than normal and a lot of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom