• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

T-bagging really frustrates me. I wasn't seeing it in the first few months, now it's everywhere. Wish developers would disallow crouching spam to kill it.

yeah, spray + t-bagging and spray + emote are rampant in the game, even in ranked peeps would pause in the middle of a firefight to 'celebrate'. I don't do it... unless it's done to me. Then if I happen to kill the person who did it to me I do it back. xP

Xzan

Anyone care to look at my OverBuff stats?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/TaleSpun?

I don't really consider myself a good player, but I'm curious to get some feedback.
Seems like I need to improve at.. everything.

I bet there's something for the ARG in the Bastion short.

At a surface glance based on stats alone, in my opinion, the biggest area to improve might be accuracy. Its consistently low for everyone other than for Hanzo.

You miss = enemies live longer = more chances to kill you = you spend more time dead. You could infer from this a snowballing effect that spills over into other aspects of play.

Without seeing how these stats translate into actual gameplay, its hard to be definitive. I.e. *why* is it low? spamming fire? bad aim in general? etc.

yeah, spray + t-bagging and spray + emote are rampant in the game, even in ranked peeps would pause in the middle of a firefight to 'celebrate'. I don't do it... unless it's done to me. Then if I happen to kill the person who did it to me I do it back. xP
I don't imagine the spray + emote will get any better with the addition of laughing emotes. Cute as they are, that was the first thing I thought of when seeing them.

Nudull

Banned
At a surface glance based on stats alone, in my opinion, the biggest area to improve might be accuracy. Its consistently low for everyone other than for Hanzo.

You miss = enemies live longer = more chances to kill you = you spend more time dead. You could infer from this a snowballing effect that spills over into other aspects of play.

Without seeing how these stats translate into actual gameplay, its hard to be definitive. I.e. *why* is it low? spamming fire? bad aim in general? etc.

Interesting thoughts, Xzan. Wanna take a stab at mine?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Hunnbee

LiK

Yea, I don't do that shit. I guess it's whatever the kids are into these days.

Nudull

Banned
I won't lie...I once pulled a quad kill with D.Va's ultimate and used a bubble spray. Even made POTG, I think.

I felt like God.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you know blizzard, if you're going to make a short for a hero you should probably make sure he's not arguably the worst hero in the game before you release it

'what a cool short i can't wait to play bastion'
'oh wait he's still terrible the 5 seconds after the team realizes he's there'

Squire

Banned
From what I've seen your trouble is mostly down to accuracy. 16% is kinda low for dva.

Thanks!

Yeah, my aim is poor in general, but I do have a bit of an issue with spam. Trying to be more focused.

LiK

I imagine I'm worse at aiming than I realize, though I've been doing surprisingly well with snipers (especially on console).

Hey dude, I put in your PSN into search and two identical ones showed up. Not sure which one is you so you can add me next time you're on. xLiKx

NimbusD

Quick play games... man, they can be super fun, or so incredibly, not even FRUSTRATING, just NOT fun.

But no matter what, they're always a mess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wow, mercy got potg for rezzing one person. i killed mercy, hanzo, zarya, and dva as reinhardt and i didnt get it. but mercy got it because she literally hit q.

can we get an option to disable seeing potg? like just show me the results screen quicker because their potg system is so dumbfounding that it just makes me annoyed at this point and i don't even want to see them anymore. even when they're mine.

stuff like this should be potg anyways

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
wow, mercy got potg for rezzing one person. i killed mercy, hanzo, zarya, and dva as reinhardt and i didnt get it. but mercy got it because she literally hit q.

can we get an option to disable seeing potg? like just show me the results screen quicker because their potg system is so dumbfounding that it just makes me annoyed at this point and i don't even want to see them anymore. even when they're mine.

stuff like this should be potg anyways

Wait, what the hell happened there?

Been playing ana and I don't get a lot of PotGs but I do get a lot of PotGs of people who are boosted.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Been playing ana and I don't get a lot of PotGs but I do get a lot of PotGs of people who are boosted.

Mercy got killed by the Hanzo ult and slumped over just in time for Junk's pose

I don't mind if it's something cool. I don't even mind if it's a skillful use of an ult

but then you just get dumb shit like that. Mercy literally rezzing one person takes precedence because it's an ult

Because just watching Ana boost someone and then just watch as the other team dies isn't particularly interesting to watch.

Of course, that doesn't explain Torb PotGs other than lol Blizzard.

I don't mind if it's something cool. I don't even mind if it's a skillful use of an ult

but then you just get dumb shit like that. Mercy literally rezzing one person takes precedence because it's an ult

It gets weighted more towards being chosen if it's closer to the end of the match, but sometimes the system just bugs out and you get shit like this.

I-hate-u

I'm not a console player, but your hero pool based around the hours you've put in is pretty limited.
Pharah is so fun though.

Nah I agree. Problem is that I fail my team hard if I try other heroes. I am the worst MeCree you would ever see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i can't recall a potg as torb i've gotten where it's not me blowing peoples faces off while my sentry provides support at best

turret based potgs are rare experiences.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just got my first legendary card as Reaper.

Killed the enemy team the old fashioned way, Mercy flies in and rezes DIE DIE DIE right on top of the point, securing the win.

Defuser

ITS HIGH NOOOOOOON!!!!

highnoonhsudp.jpg

Don't mind the shitty smartphone camera quality

After many weeks of laziness, errors and waiting for my wood filament to arrive so I can print the handle I finally finished 3dprinting McCree's Peacekeeper gun, now I need to start sanding, and painting it. After that I need to trial and error on how to 3dprint genji's dragonblade.

Anne

I'm trying to branch out and really become competent/more comfortable with other heroes in general. Sniping has never felt good for me, but hopefully I can get there.

That's reassuring.

If you don't like playing Widow snipe you could go with another hitscan character. There are very, very few moments where you need specifically Widow over the other hitscan guys.

Jarate

Banned
Hi, you may remember me as the guy who hates jump spam and can't kill players who do it.

Aim Assist Broken on Console (Video Evidence)
https://gfycat.com/AcidicTangibleHawk
https://gfycat.com/NeglectedInexperiencedAppaloosa
https://gfycat.com/AchingFarFlicker

So it turns out, I may not be as bad as previously demonstrated. This might explain why genji, pharah, and lucio (dancing on the payload) are so damned hard to kill on console.

This makes way more sense, I knew something was fucked up with the aim assist

Blizzard has been good at listening to stuff, I'd also suggest posting it on their forums

ITS HIGH NOOOOOOON!!!!

After many weeks of laziness, errors and waiting for my wood filament to arrive so I can print the handle I finally finished 3dprinting McCree's Peacekeeper gun, now I need to start sanding, and painting it. After that I need to trial and error on how to 3dprint genji's dragonblade.

You wouldn't download a gun...

Odrion

Banned
ITS HIGH NOOOOOOON!!!!

how does it feel to hold it? little awkward?

Antiwhippy

Problem about learning aiming in overwatch is that there are different rhythms to it. Like, for awhile i was switching between mccree, pharah, mei and zenyetta and the aiming between each are pretty different.

peakish

Bit late to the Hanzo vs. Junkrat "spamming" discussion.

Just wanted to say that Junkrat spamming has never ever bothered me. The projectiles are slow and telegraphed through animation and sound so they're easy to avoid direct hits from. He has to reload regularly which creates openings for pushing through a choke. They also don't headshot which means they max out at 120 dmg.

Hanzo headshots for 250 damage. This isn't that bad if they're hard to hit but with the hitboxes on PTR they become much more attainable. That's when spamming becomes frustrating because you make a mistake and die.

Like yesterday when I was playing Mercy on PTR and Guardian'd back to a teammate on high ground only to get instakilled by an arrow that missed that person but headshotted me just as I arrived.

Anne

Problem about learning aiming in overwatch is that there are different rhythms to it. Like, for awhile i was switching between mccree, pharah, mei and zenyetta and the aiming between each are pretty different.

A lot of that can be fixed through good crosshair placement and muscle memory.

Antiwhippy

Well, crosshair placement is less practice and more conscience thinking than anything. A lot of people really neglect it :<

Hmm, how do you account for that actually? Is it more like "this is where my crosshair should be" kind of thing?

Anne

Hmm, how do you account for that actually? Is it more like "this is where my crosshair should be" kind of thing?

It's just the idea that your crosshair should always be in a position to shoot without too much correction, yeah. The most common problem is that people keep their crosshair too low while moving, so that they have to move it up when somebody walks into view. I know Overwatch isn't like CSGO or something and there are varying heights and hitboxes and blah blah blah, but it's generally easier to correct downwards anyways.

So like with McCree I keep the crosshair around head height always, if Torb or D.Va or something comes into view it's easier for me to aim down for correction anyways. With Hanzo you keep it slightly above head height for the range you think you're gonna be shooting at. So on and so forth.

You also wanna know where it's most likely somebody will be standing when you peek a corner or whatever. Like I know on Numbani the different spots where people stand high ground, so as I turn a corner I just have the crosshair already at head height relative to that high ground.

Its also important to have versus somebody like Genji. If Genji jumps you, it's not a bad idea to just put your crosshair around where his jump will peak and just correct left/right. Obviously it's not that easy and he can not jump or whatever, but that's part of what you do before you just go for the flick.

It all sounds super obvious and very easy to do, so a lot of people stop actively thinking about it and fuck it up. If you just remind yourself whenever there's down time and you're about to do something it gets ingrained and you can think about it a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom