• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
Even if you get bored after season 2 (which you will most likely not) you will always come back for the new content like maps, modes and new heroes.

That's the magic of Blizzard.

As someone who keeps buying WoW expansions against my better judgement, I can attest. :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys we don't need a new thread title yet, we are 15k posts away from it lol

Mupod

Haven't played in ages, decide to try the buffed Zen before he got nerfed (was my best character even in his 150 hp form) as well as the summer games stuff. Have a fairly dominant first round on Hollywood that falls apart at the last second. Teammates then do the usual thing randoms do and wander off in random directions trying to solo the enemy team. Match ends with literally just poor me standing on the car while everyone else is god knows where. Chat explodes with them screaming about how I did literally no healing despite the vote screen showing ~8900 which was pretty good if not one of my best for that match length. The POTG even showed me trying to keep a bunch of people alive in a Zarya ult combo with Transcendence. Get told to "stay in casual kid" (this was quick match)

I know it's the typical garbage player mentality to blame the support but that's only the second time I've ever seen that kind of shit. And I put in 150+ hours before. If this is what the game turned into even outside of competitive I'm not sticking around.

I thought titanfall was fairly well received?
I'm not sure this has anything to do with Overwatch, so good luck making that the title.
It's not a comment on the quality of Titanfall.

It's a play on words having to do with the origins of how Overwatch came into existence.

Well, dang, now I've got to explain it.

Blizzard was developing an MMO follow-up to World of Warcraft. It was code named Titan. After many years of development time, they gave up on it and it was a big failure for them. The team moved on and made Overwatch instead.

Hence, Titanfail. Nothing ruins a joke like having to explain it :(

Sometimes solo QP can be so satisfying. Went up against a team that stacked 5 Torbjorns, which would normally be the cue for my teammates to run a conga line into their turrets and die one by one. Instead, they were totally on point, and with my Lucio keeping them healed up and ready to push, we absolutely steam-rolled them. I know, doesn't sound that impressive to defeat such a bat-shit team comp, but considering the utter lack of coordination in most random teams, it was a nice change of pace.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Last Bastion makes me want to play Bastion good job Blizzard.

You did this to me...

xaosslug

Last Bastion makes me want to play Bastion good job Blizzard.

You did this to me...

are you on PS4? ;P Just went up against a team of 4 Bastions, and every match I've had today has featured at least one Bastion, smdh. -__________________-

protonium

Get told to "stay in casual kid" (this was quick match)

I know it's the typical garbage player mentality to blame the support but that's only the second time I've ever seen that kind of shit. And I put in 150+ hours before. If this is what the game turned into even outside of competitive I'm not sticking around.

You've played 150 hours, only had your second negative keyboard warrior experience, and you're ready to quit. lol? I hate to break it to you but what you described is mild shit in any multiplayer game ever. I've been told to kill myself on OW comms. Just today, an 11 year old on the other team spent 3 full matches, even once as a spectator, spewing shit non-stop that I can't imagine anyone could be bothered to read.

Ignore it, mute/block or /hidechat and move on.

Defuser

Man I'm sad that McCree 50% refund ult got nerfed. It was a excellent zoning tool even if I don't kill anybody, gives my team 6 secs to push.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
pF9tOiD.jpg

Blues1990

Just played a QP game on PTR.

Overwatch truley is the spiritual successor to TF2 now :p

I only tried a couple of matches on the PTR, but the last one basically had both teams (each one being one of the different heroes) sitting around the Roadhog player while he told a campfire story. And when he got the good part, he used Hog's "BOO!" emote when he got to the climax.

I can see the sitting emotes being used for some sweet screenshots. I can already picture both Hanzo and Genji sitting near one of the cherry-blossom trees on Hanamura map.

duckroll

So, I've been thinking about this. It's totally random and not important at all but.... it's kinda odd. In every single animated short so far, the heroes have been shown off with their ults. Bastion's short is the only one where he doesn't ult. Even in the war flashback, none of the bastion units use their tank mode. Isn't that a little.... strange?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, I've been thinking about this. It's totally random and not important at all but.... it's kinda odd. In every single animated short so far, the heroes have been shown off with their ults. Bastion's short is the only one where he doesn't ult. Even in the war flashback, none of the bastion units use their tank mode. Isn't that a little.... strange?

Look man.

That short was about peace.

Not war.

Strider

Bastion didn't get buffed for the upcoming patch because he's getting reworked.

New ult incoming

/s ........... maybe

I-hate-u

That bird is the ult all along.

Wait... is there a new emote? I didn't see that...

PTR servers only right now.

KyleCross

T-bagging really frustrates me. I wasn't seeing it in the first few months, now it's everywhere. Wish developers would disallow crouching spam to kill it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Now that competitive isn't up, every single quick play game is filled with nothing but the biggest assholes. I haven't seen this amount of douche in the game since before competitive was implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom