• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

peakish

YES

YES

YES

22iZEhj.png

TOP 1000 DVA'S

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Buttchin-n-Bones
Easy mode?

;p

(Good job!)

I really don't know how to measure it...

How do you know if you're good with Zarya or not? Average energy? Low death counts?

I haven't played enough games with her for Overbuff to be much help. I ask because sometimes I feel like I'm doing really well and i'll be 11-2 or something but my team just can't make progress on the objective. And sometimes I feel the same way and my team steamrolls. So I have no idea how much i'm contributing.

Anne

I really don't know how to measure it...

How do you know if you're good with Zarya or not? Average energy? Low death counts?

I haven't played enough games with her for Overbuff to be much help. I ask because sometimes I feel like I'm doing really well and i'll be 11-2 or something but my team just can't make progress on the objective. And sometimes I feel the same way and my team steamrolls. So I have no idea how much i'm contributing.

Just depends on how hard you can carry a fight. If your engages are solid and you peel for your DPS than you should be winning fights. Can't really measure that with stats.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Graviton surge kills if you have a reasonably coordinated team, because if you're doing it right it means that you've won the point for your team.

Anne

I think I need one more thing explained...

Oh, uh MOBA term. Basically if something really scary is happening to your DPS, it's your job to help them run away from the scary thing and take the heat off. Like if Genji jumps on your McCree, you put a shield up on the cowboy and walk over and start laser beaming the ninja. Basically makes it so the Genji can't get any damage and has to deal with you so that your DPS can be freed up to murder them.

Zarya is kind of stupid good at that because the shield just auto saves people and her own DPS is usually enough to clean up. If you babysit your DPS while cleaning kills up through a fight you can win basically everything if you play it right.

Azoor

How do I play Widow?

Tell me... everything.

You need to feel alive when you kill :p

In all seriousness, go to the practice range, hop on those moving platforms, and practice taking Headshots.

Then hop into a quick play, and preferably try to choose Widowmaker while you're in the defense team. Hope into a high ground with is hard to reach and try to snip people, use the poison trap near you so you'll know when someone is coming for you. Also, use your ultimate as much as you can because it's really helpful to all of your team.

Anne

In all seriousness, go to the practice range, hop on those moving platforms, and practice taking Headshots.

Then hop into a quick play, and preferably try to choose Widowmaker while you're in the defense team. Hope into a high ground with is hard to reach and try to snip people, use the poison trap near you so you'll know when someone is coming for you. Also, use your ultimate as much as you can because it's really helpful to all of your team.

General consensus is that Widow is much better on attack than defense. I know that sounds really counter-intuitive but trust me on that one.

Oh, uh MOBA term. Basically if something really scary is happening to your DPS, it's your job to help them run away from the scary thing and take the heat off. Like if Genji jumps on your McCree, you put a shield up on the cowboy and walk over and start laser beaming the ninja. Basically makes it so the Genji can't get any damage and has to deal with you so that your DPS can be freed up to murder them.

Zarya is kind of stupid good at that because the shield just auto saves people and her own DPS is usually enough to clean up. If you babysit your DPS while cleaning kills up through a fight you can win basically everything if you play it right.
Thanks.

I think I play my role pretty well. Now it's just practice to improve situational awareness, timing, and tracking with the particle beam.

I'll be ready for S2.

Copenap

Regarding the gold weapon discussion. Lets be realistic here for a second. The average player will mostly depend on the end of season rewards for this as 300 wins is a shit load of games. So most people will only get 1 weapon per season and I think this is already overestimating the amount an average person plays. With only 4 seasons a year this would mean 4 gold weapons per year. Imo that makes them rare enough.

Squire

Banned

Thanks! For the bolded especially. This'll be the first thing I do when I jump back on.

General consensus is that Widow is much better on attack than defense. I know that sounds really counter-intuitive but trust me on that one.

Right. It's not Widow that's bad on Attack, it's bad Widows that are bad on anything.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Maybe now that everyone is actually forced to play QP blizzard will have to pay the barest attention to making sure the mode isn't awful???

Ramirez

I had an amazing Widow game last night, wish I had the balls to pick her in competitive. Just feels like a gamble considering how easily you can disrupt her and make her a non factor. I still don't understand why grapple is on such a long cool down.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I had an amazing Widow game last night, wish I had the balls to pick her in competitive. Just feels like a gamble considering how easily you can disrupt her and make her a non factor. I still don't understand why grapple is on such a long cool down.
Because a sniper with decent short range defence and high mobility would be literal cancer?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Pretty awesome Junkrat cosplay at Gamescom.

rQuXIm.jpg

No dedication, should have really cut off his leg.

Ramirez

Because a sniper with decent short range defence and high mobility would be literal cancer?

I'm on console, guess I shoulda said that. I think Ana should be able to crit on console as well. No one is accurate enough for it to be a problem, and considering how stupid Zen's damage is and relatively easy healing in comparison, not sure I understand it to begin with.

I guess it nullifies Widow's use, but you could buff her hook and she'd still have uses as a real DPS sniper.

Just don't really like how snipers on console are non factors. They could definitely help alleviate some of the games problems if they weren't such a damn gamble pick.

ISOM

I've seen some amazing snipes using Widow's hook in slingshot type of way. I can easily see it get much worse with a faster cooldown.

Hanzo is definitely back to being the random spam who needs hit boxes no skill character he was before. It's so stupid. My Zenyatta was completely shut down because I can't even be in his field of vision without being one shot.

Skii

Urgh... these Dva stats are not even top 15.000 on PC. Goes to show how different keyboard/mouse and controllers are. Still very nice!

Embarrassing. Someone is excited over their achievement and you're downplaying it because they don't play on the same system as you.

Anne

I'm on console, guess I shoulda said that. I think Ana should be able to crit on console as well. No one is accurate enough for it to be a problem, and considering how stupid Zen's damage is and relatively easy healing in comparison, not sure I understand it to begin with.

All of my nope. Ana is honestly quite close to ridiculous. I don't care how much harder aiming is on consoles, giving that thing the potential to almost one shot heroes would just make her a 100% pick.

Antiwhippy

All of my nope. Ana is honestly quite close to ridiculous. I don't care how much harder aiming is on consoles, giving that thing the potential to almost one shot heroes would just make her a 100% pick.

Hmm, she could only 1 shot tracer right if she has crit?

Mendrox

Embarrassing. Someone is excited over their achievement and you're downplaying it because they don't play on the same system as you.

Yes embarrassing. Now start harrassing someone else. Why should he give a shit? As you said, and as I said, he is playing on a different plattform.

@ exYle

I am really sorry if I did hurt you. Everyone is triggered so I guess my post wasn't that nice even though I praised your stats. Please don't hate me like all the other people. It wasn't my intention - just to show, how different stats are on both plattforms. And NO this is NOT sarcasm. Fellow Dva player.

Edit: Please stop giving me attention or write me a PM if anybody is offended lol³

Anne

Hmm, she could only 1 shot tracer right if she has crit?

Yeah, but 160 is still "close enough" and even with discord orb at 30% she'd be dealing 208 a crit. Like at that point why even bother having that 2nd DPS slot, just run Ana as the third support because she might as well be a DPS. That's on a hitscan gun with no drop off too!

Hell she'd have better ranged DPS than McCree without the drop off.

X-Frame

Hi, you may remember me as the guy who hates jump spam and can't kill players who do it.

Aim Assist Broken on Console (Video Evidence)
https://gfycat.com/AcidicTangibleHawk
https://gfycat.com/NeglectedInexperiencedAppaloosa
https://gfycat.com/AchingFarFlicker

So it turns out, I may not be as bad as previously demonstrated. This might explain why genji, pharah, and lucio (dancing on the payload) are so damned hard to kill on console.

Ewwwwww.

So should I reduce the Aim Assist on PS4 then? I still have mine at 100 for everyone. Reduce to 50 or something?

Antiwhippy

Oh good god Junkrat's sit down emote has reached meme status.

Multiple time now with matches that are just junkrat lying down.

Once again confirming that junkrat is indeed the worst and forever will be the worst.

Jellie

The funny part is that I agree with him.

#DeleteJunkrat

Let's just ignore the top 500 Zarya and top 100 Lucio.

Why aren't we PSN friends?
I already knew about that though. I've actually been falling with Lucio due to not playing him as much. Used to be 66th. The winston being top 1000 is new to me though. Though I did recently win 8 in a row with him which is probably what did the trick.

Feel free to add. I'm EU though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom