• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a really bad ending to my season. Like, I haven't played since.

I got on for a glory run in the final hours of the season. 1 tense win, 2 leaver losses, and then a PSN network error (when there was no actual PSN network error, since I could see friends, go to the store, etc.) that I lost a single, full rank from.

All told, I lost about 3 ranks in an hour. After playing the upper 50s - lower 60s shuffle for a while, solo a fair bit of it, I landed in the mid 50's.

I shut the motherfucker down and haven't touched it since. Anyone got any tips on how to balance out my sodium level so I can start playing again?

I got on for a glory run in the final hours of the season. 1 tense win, 2 leaver losses, and then a PSN network error (when there was no actual PSN network error, since I could see friends, go to the store, etc.) that I lost a single, full rank from.

All told, I lost about 3 ranks in an hour. After playing the upper 50s - lower 60s shuffle for a while, solo a fair bit of it, I landed in the mid 50's.

I shut the motherfucker down and haven't touched it since. Anyone got any tips on how to balance out my sodium level so I can start playing again?

Play Mei and drink lots of water.

maomaoIYP

Anyone care to look at my OverBuff stats?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/xbl/TaleSpun?

I don't really consider myself a good player, but I'm curious to get some feedback.
I'll comment on your DVa stats since I'm on console and have about the same amount of time played with her.
You need to be asking yourself more what your character's role is. DVa has 500 armor, unrestricted mobility and great dps at point blank range. She should be used to harass support right in their face and to force offense characters to retreat. When characters retreat, they usually make a beeline for the nearest health pack, which you can easily deny using your dash. Squishier tanks like roadhog and Winston should be challenged too, and you will always outright destroy winstons. Because of her mobility, do flanking routes that Tracers cannot (i.e. from up high) and play near ledges so that you can push players off the map using her dash. Also practice cancelling dashes using her melee, as the melee hitbox is large and dash causes knockback, a proper timed melee cancel does an easy 50 damage, great for finishing off a retreating prey.
Use DM to deny ults especially mccree's, soldier's and pharah's.
Use your ult only when the enemy Reinhardt is dead, and always shoot it in, preferably from the same direction that the enemy team is advancing towards.

Azoor

General consensus is that Widow is much better on attack than defense. I know that sounds really counter-intuitive but trust me on that one.

It really depends on the map though, she won't be that useful in KOTH maps with the possible exception that high Nepal section.

ramyeon

Why does QP have to be so brain dead? Sure it can be more relaxed than comp but it doesn't have to be like this. It's almost insufferable.

Ramirez

All of my nope. Ana is honestly quite close to ridiculous. I don't care how much harder aiming is on consoles, giving that thing the potential to almost one shot heroes would just make her a 100% pick.

She's not even close to ridiculous on console. She's a joke pick in QP, and even there, will hardly ever contribute to a match in any meaningful way.

Azoor

Just dropped into a team with all Zenyattas, I said "Fuck it" and joined them as Zenyatta. And believe it or not, we won! We were the defence team in Gibraltar.

Just dropped into a team with all Zenyattas, I said "Fuck it" and joined them as Zenyatta. And believe it or not, we won! We were the defence team in Gibraltar.

When the team chooses to go primarily as one pick, I do too. I've found that in most cases (like 80%) if shit just isn't working people start switching to other stuff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Honestly not that bad really. Self-sustain with all those heal orbs, 150 shield, insane DPS, and one of the best ults in the game.

are you guys grouping up for QP or just torturing yourselves by soloing it?

Solo4Life

You just gotta realise people are messing around at some point and just join the chaos.

I stopped caring about W/L for QP a long while ago.

Zens still stupid strong tho so :)

The best I've seen was 4 Genjis on my team against 3 Winstons on the other on Hollywood attack.

We won.

Get the dream team back together for season 2 ;)

I had a drunken night playing mid season and dropped to mid 40s. It sucked after me, you and biscuits had that awesome early unbeaten run.
After that It was an absolute pain getting out of the 40 but on the last few days of the season I went unbeaten from 51-60 solo. Just in time to get my golden gun.

LiK

Ana seems amazing on PC but she's not that great with console players. Even in Comp, i only encountered maybe a handful i considered okay at best.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guess i will play more Genji now :D

2016-08-1915_37_59-ovloscl.png

All these OT title suggestions. Let's just end this one early and go straight to the next. It's the only way we'll catch up to Destiny.

By cheating.

Azoor

You know, in my work place there are quite few indians, and I discovered that a couple of them do play Overwatch. They even adore how they designed Symmetra too.

Xzan

Interesting thoughts, Xzan. Wanna take a stab at mine?

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Hunnbee

I don't know if anyone has already replied (this post ended up wordier than I intended) but I honestly couldn't say. Nothing really leaps out amongst your most played characters and the stats from Overbuff really don't paint enough of a picture without any gameplay context. For example, by stats alone I'm a fairly middle of the road Zarya:

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/Xzanthos/heroes/zarya I'd like to think that, through a lot of practice, I'm generally pretty good these days but there's several factors that determine these stats:

eg. My accuracy is consistently 36-38%. Is it poor accuracy in general? Or am I using more particle beam relative to the area damage alt-fire? Is increasing my 'accuracy' by using the alt-fire charge splash damage worth it if the beam does better single target damage?

And, in terms of general performance, I think the rest of the team can influence how well Zarya performs. But just how much is related to my Zarya play vs that of my teammates? As a largely solo queue player, I feel I'm often at the mercy of the quality of my teammates but...

...Am I making good decisions and do I have good awareness? Am I the solo tank on a team of Hanzos and flanking Genjis spread out across the map? Or do I have another tank with good awareness that I can group up with to shield and use to generate charge? Is it just a bad night where I mistime my barriers and/or get focused by flanking Reapers?

For the sake of the exercise though; you could look at your D.VA stats and say that, going by your Accuracy, Crit Rate and Damage stats, you have a tendency to engage outside her optimal range. However, that doesn't factor how much time you spend out of the mech, or you could be spending all day chasing Tracers around, etc. so grain of salt and all that. :)

Nazo

Ana seems amazing on PC but she's not that great with console players. Even in Comp, i only encountered maybe a handful i considered okay at best.

Yeah, her skill ceiling seems too high on console to be any effective in the meta. Her healing is really good but since aiming on console is not that great it really hampers ability to consistently heal teammates. Not to mention how 90% of Anna players prioritize DPS instead of healing, but I digress.

Her grenade is FANTASTIC, nothing really to complain about except that so many Anna players use it almost exclusively on themselves.

Her sleep dart is also really good but its probably the single hardest projectile to land in the game (from my limited experience) if you're trying to hit anything smaller than any of the tanks.

Her ult is easily her best tool but her faults really overshadow its usefulness at the end of the day I feel but that's just me.

As it stands now ,as a sniper a better pick seems to always be Hanzo instead for his overall ranged effectiveness (over both Anna and Widowmaker) and for healing Zenyatta always seem to be the better pic for his more consistent focus healing and better DPS (and the slightly more versatile ult, but that's up for debate).

Beckx

last night i had a QP match where i was lucio and we had no reinhardt on numbani attack. we just could not take the first point, they had the high ground and our dps could not deal. right before overtime i switched to Rein (so we had no healers)....and we won the game, easily, after that. since their strategy was not to actually contest the point, but instead kill from outside it, Rein utterly countered that, and they kept the same approach to defense as we pushed the payload the rest of the way.

w/ a competent team on defense that would never have happened, but it's funny to realize that the mentality that keeps a team from changing strategies works both ways.

too often i won't switch off healer because i'm the only one...but really i should be looking at the situation (and my healing stats) and realize that people aren't staying alive or coordinated enough to even benefit from healing, so the only hope is a switch.

I'm playing better as Winston than Reinhardt these days. Zenyatta can take out D.Va with ease and I can usually get some good damage in on Reinhardt. It is an absolute joy to jump into an attacking deathball and pop my ult. Bodies flying everywhere, mass chaos. It's just too much fun!

I may not be that good, but I love this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom