• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

So apparently those playing Support on PTR Season 2 are getting fucked again in terms of Skill Rating?

Damnit why can't Blizzard just remove personal performance entirely from Skill Rating?

It's never a good team when you backfill into a starting 2nd round, and get gold damage and elims when you lose.

Even worse, when you backill as an Ana and get gold healing when there's a Mercy on the team...

It's never a good team when you backfill into a starting 2nd round, and get gold damage and elims when you lose.

Even worse, when you backill as an Ana and get gold healing when there's a Mercy on the team...

I got a good laugh out of backfilling for 10 seconds as Junkrat and got the gold medal for 1 elim on Numabi defense :O

zoukka

Watched the Bastion animation just now and what a stark contrast it is to the others simply because there's no bad dialogue messing up the whole thing. That omnic war scene was amazing. Fuck.

Beckx

Sorry, here is a thread I saw this morning and there are a few other similar ones I've seen too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4ygo8f/already_encountering_issues_with_the_sr/

is there anything later in that thread that's actually concrete? otherwise "dude ranked lower than his friends and feels it's only because he was zenyatta, not because of his play" isn't much to go on. (i didn't sift the entire thread to try to look for more, but it seems you have been so could you highlight any real evidence there? i play support and generally think my skill rating is fair but this is of interest to me.)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just played Genji which i normally don't play much and killed 4 with a single ult, and some people were seriously trying to say he isn't OP............

Palmer_v1

This Lucio brawl was terrible the moment it got released. Why did they think keeping it for two weeks was a good idea?

Need more mystery brawl.

duckroll

Finally hit 101, and powered through a few more games to get up to 4 lootboxes. Opened them all.

First box, TWO yellows. OMFG!!!! It's.... Sparrow Genji (ewww) and CURRENCY (fuck you Blizzard!).

Second box. Whole load of itsfuckingnothing.

Third box, a YELLOW! It's WEIGHTLIFTER ZARYA! I don't play her, but yay. Nice addition to the collection right?

Fourth box, OMG ANOTHER YELLOW! It's............ ........... ............ Champion Zarya. Blizzard pls.

Beckx

I need to jump in before nerf goes live. I need that trophy.

it's still going to possible after the patch...the main impact of the patch will be to keep him from waiting out counter ults or chasing down a spread out team. anyone expecting his potential ult kill count to go down probably has a rude awakening coming.

a genji ult as a follow up to a mei or zarya ult should be kill city.

it means you need to embrace a mei partner!

LiK

it's still going to possible after the patch...the main impact of the patch will be to keep him from waiting out counter ults or chasing down a spread out team. anyone expecting his potential ult kill count to go down probably has a rude awakening coming.

I suck with Genji's Ult. 2-3 at most. Hopefully a fellow Gaffer who plays Zarya/Mei can help me out with it too

Yeah Genji + Zarya ult is a guaranteed quad at least.

I am hopelessly addicted to this game. I have a bunch of other games I want to play but Overwatch is way more fun than any of them. Haven't been this hooked by a game in a long time. I love playing so many characters, keeps the gameplay fresh with every match. I'm gonna be playing this game for years, I can already see it.

zoukka

wow pls bring back ranked quick. Quick Play gives me brain cancer. Like there's never even a half-decent round in sight, it's like I'm back in beta, people getting owned by Bastion and Hanzo lulz.

I need to jump in before nerf goes live. I need that trophy.
We should try to get some GAF trophy hunting games going, have people take turns with Zarya using her ult to enable quad kills things like that. I also wanna test it I can get the widow air shot trophy by having a buddy on Mei freeze someone for me because I suck at getting headshots on moving targets :p

Sn4ke_911

i played bastion and killed 4 people

i guess we should nerf bastion

Yeah because that's totally the same situation.

Genji is fast as hell and slices everyone up with one hit.

Bastion can't move while shooting and is thin like paper while in ult mode.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bought 11 boxes and the only new thing I got was Tracer's highlight intro. Every other epics or legendary(only 1) were duplicates.

What a waste of 13$(canadian). Think this is my last time I buy boxes.

Beckx

I suck with Genji's Ult. 2-3 at most. Hopefully a fellow Gaffer who plays Zarya/Mei can help me out with it too

i know i'll never get some of the offensive ones, i am making peace with that.

Lucio's The Floor Is Lava is never happening. i can probably count the number of final blows i've gotten while wall-riding on one hand.

Nimby

Banned
Just played Genji which i normally don't play much and killed 4 with a single ult, and some people were seriously trying to say he isn't OP............

Why is it so bad to kill 4 people with an ult? D.Va can do it, Pharah can do it, Reaper can do it, and they only have to press triangle.

His ult needed a duration nerf though, that's honestly the only thing he needed.

We should try to get some GAF trophy hunting games going, have people take turns with Zarya using her ult to enable quad kills things like that. I also wanna test it I can get the widow air shot trophy by having a buddy on Mei freeze someone for me because I suck at getting headshots on moving targets :p

Since Custom games don't count for it, we'd have to be really lucky to get a GAF achievement boosting group. :(

Bastion should have been nerfed a while ago, his dps it too high and makes the game a lot worse at the lowest levels.

Yeah but he's not really that big of an issue at medium and high skill levels. I haven't had major issues with a Bastion in weeks, and I wouldn't consider myself more than an average skill player (my highest rank in season 1 was 52).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah because that's totally the same situation.

Genji is fast as hell and slices everyone up with one hit.

Bastion can't move while shooting and is thin like paper while in ult mode.

And Genji's requires an ult and Bastion's doesn't. It's almost like you shouldn't count one off situations as 'this character is op'

because I killed a whole team with Reaper's ult doesn't mean it should be nerfed. Because it's not going to happen that way all the time.

LiK

Why is it so bad to kill 4 people with an ult? D.Va can do it, Pharah can do it, Reaper can do it, and they only have to press triangle.

His ult needed a duration nerf though, that's honestly the only thing he needed.

probably cuz 4 kills with Ult is much harder with people who played a lot more. i can't even get the Hanzo one cuz it's too easy for people to run away now.

i'll def need to get a Zarya to help me out for it. sometimes you might get other people who kill some dudes before your Ult reaches them in the vaccum and you lose a kill which sucks too.

Since Custom games don't count for it, we'd have to be really lucky to get a GAF achievement boosting group. :(
I don't mean full boosting in the sense of players on both teams being in on it but more have a 4-5 man group in quick play and coordinate what trophies they'd like to achieve so that teammates can help enable them.

Sn4ke_911

And Genji's requires an ult and Bastion's doesn't. It's almost like you shouldn't count one off situations as 'this character is op'

because I killed a whole team with Reaper's ult doesn't mean it should be nerfed. Because it's not going to happen that way all the time.

What rank are you?

Because 60+ Genji's kill 3+ people most the time.

Sn4ke_911

Bring back Gengu combo.

Bring back Gengu hops.

Can't 1vs6 anymore.
Xo0EShC.png

Can't 1vs6 anymore.
Xo0EShC.png
Lol what? I could never 1v6 a team as Genji, but I had to go through a lot of practice to get good at the combo and I'm still trying to get good at the triple jump. Having that practice be for nothing sucks hard.

Coming from the guy who says he barely plays Genji, and who only uses examples from the best fucking Genji in the world, I can't really take you seriously.

Trueachievements and Truetrophies are 2 really good sites for setting up boosting sessions. You can get 12 players together pretty easily.

Sn4ke_911

Lol what? I could never 1v6 a team as Genji, but I had to go through a lot of practice to get good at the combo and I'm still trying to get good at the triple jump. Having that practice be for nothing sucks hard.

Coming from the guy who says he barely plays Genji, and who only uses examples from the best fucking Genji in the world, I can't really take you seriously.

it's a twitch joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom