• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT5| 15 Million Strong, None Are On The Payload

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Regarding the gold weapon discussion. Lets be realistic here for a second. The average player will mostly depend on the end of season rewards for this as 300 wins is a shit load of games. So most people will only get 1 weapon per season and I think this is already overestimating the amount an average person plays. With only 4 seasons a year this would mean 4 gold weapons per year. Imo that makes them rare enough.

I think you guys are vastly overestimating the amount of time the average player puts in to Overwatch. I don't have the full gamut of statistics but I'm fairly certain that anyone who reads and follows and posts in this thread regularly is going to be a fairly dedicated player and have the play time to show for it.

People who are not GAF level or eSports players or professional streamers are likely to play much, much less and will need many seasons of Comp play for even 1 Gold weapon unless they are just naturally gifted to place high from the outset.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Placed 2786 after 5/4/1 on S2 PTR. I guess it's better than what I finished S1 with (46).

Meanwhile, on live, people ragequit in Lucioball... S2 can't come soon enough.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
There are so many little details in this game.

I just dashed backwards with Tracer and hit a wall and she said: "Oh I think i just hit a wall hehe"

Never heard that before.

Sn4ke_911

Well that was fun.

6 Reinhardt tried to cheese us, so 3 of our team switched to Bastion and rekt them.

Beckx

i really need to accept the fact that my teams win if i play as lucio

and lose if i don't.

i just like playing other heroes, though.

Animator

I think you guys are vastly overestimating the amount of time the average player puts in to Overwatch. I don't have the full gamut of statistics but I'm fairly certain that anyone who reads and follows and posts in this thread regularly is going to be a fairly dedicated player and have the play time to show for it.

People who are not GAF level or eSports players or professional streamers are likely to play much, much less and will need many seasons of Comp play for even 1 Gold weapon unless they are just naturally gifted to place high from the outset.

Yea I don't think the casual/average player will be getting gold weapons anytime soon.

They did. Straight hooks used to constantly get the character pulled to the side it was annoying as hell.

Now they don't and Tracer and Lucio etc NEVER survive. That poster must be talking about specific instances where you hook a Genji who is in the air and dashing or something and it goes all wonky, which does happen but is much more rare these days.

And yes there is some bullshit in the PTR currently that hopefully gets fixed.
That's what I thought, cause I've never seen the problems they were mentioning except for on rare occasions.

And yes, they better fix that PTR crap, otherwise he will be virtually unplayable ):

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
i really need to accept the fact that my teams win if i play as lucio

and lose if i don't.

i just like playing other heroes, though.

You could be like me and play other no aim heroes like Reinhardt, Torbjorn, and Junkrat.

Blues1990

Finally have enough gold, which winston legendary skin should I get?

Depending on on which on you have already unlocked (and exactly how much gold you've saved up), I would personally go with Horizon or Safari/Explorer. The Undersea and Frogskin never did much for me.

Anywho, here is my stat card for the four heroes I had used the most during Season 1's Competitve Mode:

pnAPYb1.jpg

I find my stats to be incredibly discouraging, especially with the amount of time I have spent practicing these four heroes in Quickplay. :(

Finally have enough gold, which winston legendary skin should I get?

I like the dark Frogston one, since I think the Safari skins are too silly. But I actually prefer the basic recolours even more.

That said, personally I'd wait until Sombra comes out and see if she has any must-have things before spending on Winston. :p

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Depending on on which on you have already unlocked (and exactly how much gold you've saved up), I would personally go with Horizon or Safari/Explorer. The Undersea and Frogskin never did much for me.

Anywho, here is my stat card for the four heroes I had used the most during Season 1's Competitve Mode:

I find my stats to be incredibly discouraging, especially with the amount of time I have spent practicing these four heroes in Quickplay. :(
I just wish I could actually sign in on the overbuff site.

Jellie

You got the same four heroes used the most as me, but in a different order.

Only played 2 games with Dva mind.

Apathy

There are so many little details in this game.

I just dashed backwards with Tracer and hit a wall and she said: "Oh I think i just hit a wall hehe"

Never heard that before.

The one i only heard once but is the best is an interaction junkrat and tracer have (not sure if the map matters but ti was king's row). Junkrat goes mockingly "cheers mate, the cavalry's here" and tracer goes "thats my line"

matmanx1

I like the dark Frogston one, since I think the Safari skins are too silly. But I actually prefer the basic recolours even more.

That said, personally I'd wait until Sombra comes out and see if she has any must-have things before spending on Winston. :p

I dig Frogston. Great skin.

justjim89

Anyone else unable to run this today? Tried scan and repair, tried running as admin, tried running compatibility mode, nothing. It says the game is running and the exe shows up in my task manager, but the game doesn't launch. Any other ideas for this? It just started doing this today.

Placed 2111, which doesn't strike me as that bad, but what's this I'm hearing about the ranking system not allowing groups with a >500 point spread? You can't even play with everybody on your tier? And rankings being based on individual performance as much or more so than W/L? 'Cause that's the kind of shit (especially the latter) that undermines or outright destroys ranking systems, imo.

Blues1990

You got the same four heroes used the most as me, but in a different order. Only played 2 games with Dva mind.

Still, it's disheartening to see everyone having much more stable stats. I seriously don't know how to perform better in the game, so at least I feel more confident with my contributions.

Just had a really sad match against a bunch of Bastions on Route 66. They were all staying on high ground, while a Hanzo and myself crouched by the payload, protected from Bastion's bullet sprays, and kept it moving through the entire map. They didn't even bother to change heroes or anything after realizing what a bad strategy that was. Oh well, I got a new objective time PB for Tracer.

Sn4ke_911

The one i only heard once but is the best is an interaction junkrat and tracer have (not sure if the map matters but ti was king's row). Junkrat goes mockingly "cheers mate, the cavalry's here" and tracer goes "thats my line"

Oh my i need to hear this.

That meme needs to die.

Do you have a problem against Harambe bro?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Why can't you?

Well when I try to sign in on the website directly, it cannot find the page, and when I try to sign in on battle net it asks for some more information so it can secure my account. I do not know if it asking for new information, or information I put it in there so many years ago.

JzFRKHq.jpg

Four Mei's one McCree and a Lucio. Those ults charge SO fast. My team was dense as fuck and wouldn't switch to counters. We were seconds from losing and I got a quad kill with a nano boosted death blossom. If we had lost that...

Jellie

Still, it's disheartening to see everyone having much more stable stats. I seriously don't know how to perform better in the game, so at least I feel more confident with my contributions.

Stats don't tell everything. Just gives you an idea. If you improved recently it's hard to see from the overview due to your stats been lifetime. Kinda wish there was an option to see the last week or month instead of whole lifetime average. From your stats though it seems like you should focus on surviving more as you die a bit often but it's hard to see without watching you play. Reducing your deaths will increase your up time so you can contribute more kills, healing and blocking damage for your team. If you post footage of a typical game it might be easier to pinpoint how to improve.

Rad-

I feel like I had decent McCree season 1 stats (PS4), yet my win/loss ratio with him was only 45%. I don't know what to improve. I try to play for the objective etc.

UBdztSl.jpg

I'm honestly surprised some of the stats are that high. I usually play with US gaffers and I'm from EU so my ping is like 200. Yet I still had pretty good accuracy and headshot percentage, I like that.

finalflame

WsbewkJ.png

I feel ok about my competitive D.Va stats for Season 1. I think I need to improve overextending/getting killed and get better at launching my self destruct (I often use it for area negation rather than trying to get picks). It also helps when you have a friendly Zarya on your team that's down to chain ults, and the opposing team has no Rein to block it.

Anyways, will continue to focus on improving for S2.

JzFRKHq.jpg

Four Mei's one McCree and a Lucio. Those ults charge SO fast. My team was dense as fuck and wouldn't switch to counters. We were seconds from losing and I got a quad kill with a nano boosted death blossom. If we had lost that...

Yeah, for any folks who have been playing Competitive, get used to that thought going through your head a lot playing QP: "Dammit, if we actually lose to this comp..." And most of the time... yes, you do.

ramyeon

Placed 2111, which doesn't strike me as that bad, but what's this I'm hearing about the ranking system not allowing groups with a >500 point spread? You can't even play with everybody on your tier? And rankings being based on individual performance as much or more so than W/L? 'Cause that's the kind of shit (especially the latter) that undermines or outright destroys ranking systems, imo.
It's within a 500 rank difference. So you can play with people up to 2611 and down to 1611. That's everyone in your tier I'm fairly sure.

I feel like I had decent McCree season 1 stats (PS4), yet my win/loss ratio with him was only 45%. I don't know what to improve. I try to play for the objective etc.

UBdztSl.jpg

I'm honestly surprised some of the stats are that high. I usually play with US gaffers and I'm from EU so my ping is like 200. Yet I still had pretty good accuracy and headshot percentage, I like that.

This is PC right? Because you seem a FAAAAAR better McCree than me and I am in the 85th percentile on Ps4.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/xx_BATMANx/heroes/mccree?mode=competitive

Blues1990

Stats don't tell everything. Just gives you an idea. If you improved recently it's hard to see from the overview due to your stats been lifetime. Kinda wish there was an option to see the last week or month instead of whole lifetime average. From your stats though it seems like you should focus on surviving more as you die a bit often but it's hard to see without watching you play. Reducing your deaths will increase your up time so you can contribute more kills, healing and blocking damage for your team. If you post footage of a typical game it might be easier to pinpoint how to improve.

I feel the best option for me is to get players on GAF to practice with me, to see how they can help me improve.

For Lucio, I always try to stay close to my team in the back line behind them, in order to provide the necessary health buffs, but I will speed boost back to the center for protection If I ever get flanked. If my team gets destroyed and I survive, I'll head back to the spawn room to use Speed Boost+Amp It Up to get them back into the fight.

In Zenyatta's case, I have a bad habit of overextending, which leads me to a quick, painful death. I need to space him out more effectively, so that I won't get squashed or singled out by the opposing team.

Zarya is a weird case, as I know how to time her particle barriers, but I never know when to use her main beam or grenade launcher during her ultimate. Her grenades do more damage, right?

I try to play more aggressively with D.Va, but that tends me to go kaboom more times then I care to admit. Ganking and harassing is her bread and butter, but enemy players seem to know how to telegraph what I do beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom