• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Rize_21

might be because their self healing is too strong. if you end up pairing 2 people that cant get hs, the match would just go for an extended period

yeah, and in this PTR, Mercy should get her health regenerating after one second, imo that's why.

ramyeon

I can't wait for all this stuff to hit console. This game brings out the worst in me sometimes but it's like crack, I just can't stop playing.

At this point I'm worried I won't even be able to dedicate time to FFXV later this month because I'll just want to play Overwatch.

Jellie

What if the potg that you hack is the sombra hack potg. Just she show a regular potg or does she hack somebody else too?

darklin0

Banned
While playing Sombra I realized that she can been really good due to her utility and is a perfect choice against a defensive type team. If you can hit the healers with your ult you can break down a defense with almost no issues.

The SMG has a decent spread and can tear through tanks but if you have a hard time aiming, it is going to be a hard character to play.

Invisibility is not as bad as everyone thought it was gonna be. It has a delay before you can be fully invisible and it is pretty easy to knock her out of it. She will be able to get to the flanks pretty easy but I have seen McCrees do this with no invisibility and kill 4-5 people with his ult. So I do not see it as a big issue.

The tele is alright, good to jump in a fight from weird spots and can help you back out if you overextend. I hoped it would last longer but 15 seconds is all you get once you place it.

Overall, I like her. She does things that will affect the meta and how people play without being super OP.

so how do I git gud?

every mccree, widow or other DPS matchup in 1 v 1 I get rekt. I just can't aim. how do I learn?

Practice.

eek5

What why? Mercy and Lucio duels would be fun. Symmetra duels basically boil down to whoever locked on first.

Lucio heals too fast/doesn't do enough damage and in PTR mercy regens after 1 sec now instead of 3. It'd be too easy to force stalemates especially with two mediocre players probably.

Ugh.

Play defense on Hanamura, I have an awesome round as Zen - gold in elims, objective kills, healing, silver in objective time, plenty of assists, on top of that I'm the only healer and I'm just on fire. We end up losing the second point in overtime, no biggie, it's cool we have a decent team with good composition.

Some asshole on the team instalocks Zen on Attack before I get a chance to. I have to go Offense and we can't do shit. On top of that the guy that instalocked Zen sucks ass and doesn't do shit.

Why. Why. WHY.

Jellie

Hackception

good question

What if its 6v6 sombras and everyone has that potg highlight? What then?
Lucio heals too fast/doesn't do enough damage and in PTR mercy regens after 1 sec now instead of 3. It'd be too easy to force stalemates especially with two mediocre players probably.

They can actually do a lot of damage. Mercy's heal requires not to be hit but her gun is so spammy its not hard to hit her at least once a second.

eek5

Ugh.

Play defense on Hanamura, I have an awesome round as Zen - gold in elims, objective kills, healing, silver in objective time, plenty of assists, on top of that I'm the only healer and I'm just on fire. We end up losing the second point in overtime, no biggie, it's cool we have a decent team with good composition.

Some asshole on the team instalocks Zen on Attack before I get a chance to. I have to go Offense and we can't do shit. On top of that the guy that instalocked Zen sucks ass and doesn't do shit.

Why. Why. WHY.

Did you tell them you don't play offense and to give you zen back? idk :|

Apathy

did they slow down enemy ana's ult voice line?

lol, geeze, on the ptr quick play, you see people just joining and instantly leaving when they come into a map cause sobra is taken, like if you want to play her so bad go to arcade free for all, the chances to get her in quick play are low

If there is icon for ability with bind beneath it on your HUD assume that Hack disables it for 6 seconds. No icon and bind => works even if hacked.

afaik
Yeah, this is probably a better way of thinking about it. I just included RMB to cover things like Reinhardt's shield.

Nimby

Banned

They can just disable regens though. Lucio wall-riding duels would be fun.

Skidd

Launch PTR, 6v6 No Limits, people going bananas should someone choose anyone else but Sombra...

Oh Overwatch community :D

Edit: Can Sombra hack Pharah's jets, causing her to fall down? Didn't seem to work when I tried it a couplke of times. Shame, really.

Tovarisc

Edit: Can Sombra hack Pharah's jets, causing her to fall down? Didn't seem to work when I tried it a couplke of times. Shame, really.

Her passive boosts keep working. Only launch [bound to shift] gets disabled.

----

Mystery Heroes is bugged and don't swap hero after death?

Jellie

Her passive boosts keep working. Only launch [bound to shift] gets disabled.

----

Mystery Heroes is bugged and don't swap hero after death?

Sometimes it doesn't change you, probably because it randomly picked the same hero. Best streak for me has been 3 deaths.

So does reaper counter sombra?
Spread of his weapons makes it easy to do at minimum damage to prevent hacks/invisbility and he can damage her at close range.

DevilDog

Sombra can't hack all ultimates as it seems. She can't hack genji or bastion ult but she can hack roadhog.

How is this decided?

Apathy

I have no idea how you could know about the ptr, know that a new character is on it, and not have read what any ability does.

I love the new pharah boost jump it's sooooooo good. Anyone that plays pharah will love it. I do now have to compensate so much for rocket travel time though, I got so accustom to the old height.

Batman are you posting in here like a madman to kill time until Sombra?
I'm supposed to be studying for a physics test and this is a good way to procrastinate.

I also must defeat Whippy on the wall of shame.

Haven't played Overwatch today, but I wouldn't be surprised if it felt a bit stale while we wait. I might prefer just watching streams/talking about changes until it hits live.

Ugh, keep getting "Unexpected Server Error" every time I try to check out the PTR. Official forums and Reddit don't seem to have any answers to the issue, so guess I might have to try again later or wait until it's all live.

Funny thing is, I'm not even looking forward to playing Sombra all that much. I'm looking forward to finding out what Sombra's counters are, because they're probably going to be getting a lot of play over the next few weeks.

Apathy

hacking torb turrets should turn them to your team for a while. would be cool

hacked healthpacks should at least lose 5 seconds (or 10) when that sombra who hacked it dies. Having to only hack it once and it's up for a minute is a lot. A good sombra is going to be able to keep that on lockdown specially since you can refresh hacks before it actually expires

Skii

Been kicked but had a couple of games with Sombra... She is really fun to play. Any DPS player will love her. She's just so mobile.

My only massive problem is that you can't hack a health pack that has been hacked. So that means defending teams are going to be almost impossible to breakdown if they hack the big health pack and revolve their team fights around it. Ridiculous mechanic.

Reaper might be a counter. One completely wrecked our Sombra team but maybe it's because he's a good Reaper and we are all bad Sombras lol.

darklin0

Banned
Sometimes it doesn't change you, probably because it randomly picked the same hero. Best streak for me has been 3 deaths.

So does reaper counter sombra?
Spread of his weapons makes it easy to do at minimum damage to prevent hacks/invisbility and he can damage her at close range.

I would say yes. He does enough damage where Sombra is no issue.

I think in a straight 1v1 if you don't get the drop on another attacker it is going to be a hard fight.

Pooya

I'm invisible, why bullets can see me? :((

ptr seems ok but I don't like the widow's buffs, people just spam and get hits. screw widow. they lowered the skill barrier again.

Top Bottom