• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Apathy

her ult actually stops reapers ult mid blossom.

It's a little inconsistent with which ults she stops and which she doesn't

I'm invisible, why bullets can see me? :((

ptr seems ok but I don't like the widow's buffs, people just spam and get hits. screw widow. they lowered the skill barrier again.

lol you're invisible not a ghost.

With translocator being instant and a get away, blizzard might want to look at reapers teleport. It's so slow by comparison, and we all have had moments of being or killing a sitting duck reaper as they port.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
3v3 draws if you can't kill the last person

fucking dumb especially cause of the shit you could pull with Tracer and worse Sombra.

Mush

Out of curiosity,
1. Have you guys gone up or down in rank from your placement?
2. What role do you normally play? (Instalock dps? Support? Tank? Wait and fill as needed?)
3. Are you comfortable playing any role?
1. Went 6-4 on my placements and ended up placing around the mid 2300 mark. Since then I've struggled to stay above 2100/2000. I had a goal of making it to Diamond this season but I'll be lucky if I make it to Platinum. Yay solo queue! :/

2. Support is my go-to. I like playing Lucio on attack and Zenyatta on defense. Used to play Mercy a fair bit as well and do quite well but I've dropped her and picked up Ana instead. Symmetra was also someone I used to play with but I've now realised that (in her current state) she's bad.

If we have enough supports already, I'm quite happy to play any tank that isn't Zarya because I feel I'm nowhere good enough with her for ranked. A good Zayra can literally carry their whole team.

3. See above. I think I'm a decentish Mei (avatar quote) but outside that I don't touch any of the DPS characters (in ranked).

Apathy

So yay or nay on counter hacking medkits?

I says yes, but if an enemy has hacked it, you can counter hack it back to a neutral position not all the way from one end to another.

Skii

her ult actually stops reapers ult mid blossom.

It's a little inconsistent with which ults she stops and which she doesn't

lol you're invisible not a ghost.

With translocator being instant and a get away, blizzard might want to look at reapers teleport. It's so slow by comparison, and we all have had moments of being or killing a sitting duck reaper as they port.

So would it shutdown both nanoboost and deathblossom at the same time? So op.

3v3 draws if you can't kill the last person

fucking dumb especially cause of the shit you could pull with Tracer and worse Sombra.

How does it draw? How is it impossible to kill someone else? I'm confused.

Wanderer5

Yeah Reaper teleport feels so lame, cause of how slow it is heh. Good usage of it seems very rare.

MUnited83

For you.
So would it shutdown both nanoboost and deathblossom at the same time? So op.

How does it draw? How is it impossible to kill someone else? I'm confused.
Tracer and Sombra can pretty much use their abilities to flee and be hidden for the entire match.

Are we sure that this is the same Sombra build from Blizzcon?

Gun seems much worse, which was my main thing in how to balance her.

Ster just got hacked and it was for like 2-3 seconds. Thought it was six. And he couldn't go to his already placed teleporter while hacked which Im almost sure was the case during Blizzcon.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The 3v3 elimination mode is pretty fun. Just played a round where it was the enemy Zenyatta versus me as Rein with only a little bit of health left. I managed to win with a clutch charge and 7 health.

Jellie

Ster just got hacked and it was for like 2-3 seconds. Thought it was six. And he couldn't go to his already placed teleporter while hacked which Im almost sure was the case during Blizzcon.

Yeah I thought you could use the teleporte if it was already placed. Remember Stylosa saying it. Seems different. Her gun is also really inaccurate.

Zomba13

They did say that the Sombra on the PTR would be a more recent version than the Blizzcon one. At least I think that was what they meant (going by the guy saying something on the Unit Lost stream the other day).

And yeah, her gun seems much weaker compared to that stream. At least I think. The other things though seem the same, maybe teleporting to an already placed translocator was a bug in that version?

The devs were straight up saying on Friday that the Blizzcon Sombra build was not the same as the one that was going to be on PTR.

They did say that the Sombra on the PTR would be a more recent version than the Blizzcon one. At least I think that was what they meant (going by the guy saying something on the Unit Lost stream the other day).

And yeah, her gun seems much weaker compared to that stream. At least I think. The other things though seem the same, maybe teleporting to an already placed translocator was a bug in that version?
Wow. I wish I had known that.

And Shadder just ulted near the entrance to Hanamura point A and a Roadhog halfway between A and the gate didn't get hit (in the kill cam you could see the AoE just miss him).

Definitely starting to feel like I'll be eating a huge plate of crow here.

Apathy

I lose a little bit more faith in humanity every time i go to the overwatch forums.

People bitching about the fact that a character or characters are gay, (or some other variation of lgbtq)

One guy said he hated when DC and Marvel went back and changed heroes to be gay now, he wanted them to be organically gay.

I show him proof that Blizzard, before the game was released mentioned a character was gay and that there would be more than one. From the onset blizzard was making a game with diversity at the core.

Dude replies back that it doesn't change his mind, blizzard should still not go back and change a character to be gay.

like wtf. This dude has created a world in his head that everyone is straight regardless of if blizzard didn't and he think blizzard going against what hes created in his mind is blizzard going back and changing a character.

I have no words to describe the idiocy of the official forums.

You want my opinion on Sombra? She needs a fucking buff.
This definitely isn't Blizzcon Sombra. People aren't really playing her correctly atm. So it might be an Ana situation for when we see her full potential.

I'm definitely ready to say that I jumped the gun on my OP insistence though.

Squire

Banned
You want my opinion on Sombra? She needs a fucking buff.

Surely you're jok-

Symmetra fucks over Sombra in a 1v1 really hard. She can't do shit about it once you're locked on.

Oh god :O

This definitely isn't Blizzcon Sombra. People aren't really playing her correctly atm. So it might be an Ana situation for when we see her full potential.

I'm definitely ready to say that I jumped the gun on my OP insistence though.

*nods*

Apathy

Her teleport takes time if you have to throw it out. Sym could probably wreck her, and since she will be in the meta most likely, that means muh gurl will too. Hopefully.

Thats like saying "anyone that can't use their escape is getting own by x"

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Anybody in the PTR whos played Sombra, how effictive is she at stopping nanoboosted reins?

Also is she a counter to Zenyatta's ult?

Anybody in the PTR whos played Sombra, how effictive is she at stopping nanoboosted reins?

Also is she a counter to Zenyatta's ult?

Ana is the counter to Zen's ult. The PTR has the nerfed nanoboost so a boosted rein isn't that scary in general. She's more of a Lucio ult counter as well as a line breaker. Getting your shield broken as a rein by a Sombra ult is terrifying, especially when there's a mei right there.

Nimby

Banned
Thats like saying "anyone that can't use their escape is getting own by x"

Her translocator can be placed before running into a Symmetra, which would let her escape. But without having it placed, with the spread on her gun + Symmetra's pretty small hitbox, seems like it would be a tough match up. The damage ramps up fast, and if Symmetra is already charged then zap. Symmetra will 100% deny her stealth with her lock on, same with Winston.

EDIT: I still think Sombra is meta with her ult. Regardless of how fragile she is or how pitiful her weapon is.

Jellie

Ana is the counter to Zen's ult. The PTR has the nerfed nanoboost so a boosted rein isn't that scary in general. She's more of a Lucio ult counter as well as a line breaker. Getting your shield broken as a rein by a Sombra ult is terrifying, especially when there's a mei right there.
Why Mei? The terrifying thing is your whole team becomes open to an earthshatter if you get hacked, not even ulted by sombra.

Top Bottom