• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I-hate-u

I just finished my placement matches. I went 6-4, and ended up placing at 3934.

That's ridiculous. Totally not jealous.
Carry me to top 500 this season pretty please with a cherry on top.

Btw, heads up PS4 players, trolls are on the loose. Torbs, Widows, and Hanzos everywhere. May God be with you.

Yes, a gold player cannot play at that level so im not sure what you want from the algorithm.

Solo q should honestly be the most accurate.

To be more generous.

Talking especifically about my team mate that placed in Silver. His highest was gold tier (don't know the exact SR), finished the 2nd season at 1876, got 8-2 in the placement matches and was placed at ~1880.

I think he should've gained more SR. Assuming he gains/loses around 20-25SR per match in a normal comp game, I wish he could be placed 100-150SR higher than what he got with those results.

Owzers

lol that's bad.

We actually got really lucky with our randoms, except for one soldier that sucked and made us go 5vs6 during basically the whole game since he was always getting picked first going by himself (he was only level ~35 though, so it's ok).

We saw a couple of Torbs on the opposite side though :)

Doubt it.

I'll drop with you. You play Torb and I go Sym.
I don't have the heart to do that to randoms, maybe I'll just take a Rein break and see what happens, maybe play Soldier, my new main.

I-hate-u

lost my 1st placement (tried to heal after not playing for a week), won the next 3 in blowouts (all of which I played D.Va)

6 to go

hoping I end at plat

Winning and losing doesn't matter that much in this season's placings it seems like. They just put you where you left off.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I mean did you honestly expect to massively improve in 1 week without any strictly enforced competitive mode?
No it's not that, I was put in Platnium in the beginning and I ranged up and down for the first few weeks. However then my internet started going in and out during matches so I was just not going to take the risk of playing Comp and screwing my time. Anyway during the last week I start playing again and I just lose repeatedly. Kind of going to be disappointed if I do my placement matches and don't end up in Platinum.

MUnited83

For you.
Man, loving those placement matches, completely dominating with Dva so far.

4e9.jpg

I don't have the heart to do that to randoms, maybe I'll just take a Rein break and see what happens, maybe play Soldier, my new main.

That's even worse, you can only hit people when you have your ult as Soldier. At least with Torb you have the turret.

:p

Moonkid

Finished like a dozen points off where I finished Season 2 lol, late 2600s. Had a couple matches where I was real rough so I'm glad I at least stuck on an average place. GG peeps

Welp sticking with placing then never touching Competitive until the next season. Maybe I'll have a golden gun in a year or so from that. Good for people that like this mode; I do not have the patience for it.

ohkay

1-1 so far. Feels like my Ana is gonna be on point for this season, but lost one because our team had one of those Reinhardts. I wish people would speak up more if they're uncomfortable because I think he picked it out of necessity, and wasn't very good at it.

Went 7-3 in placement matches while 4 stacked.

Me: 2537
Friend 1: 2230
Friend 2: 2770

How do they determine SR for placement lolol it's basically 100 points less then last season.

IKizzLE

Man, people are placing suuuuuper high this season. It must be based on your previous season because a friend of mine went 4-6 and placed over 4000 and another went 7-3 and got placed 3919.

Owzers

I like comp the best but it makes me yell internally like when you're watching a basketball game and all you want is for your team not to blow a six point lead with under a minute left and then the opposing team hits a three.

And then a roadhog hooks me.

Alright I finished my placements. Loss 7, Won 3

Ended S2 with 2771, SH was 3099
Ended with 2501 plat....

Um...ok then. I'm fine with that. Pretty much where I started S2. With the way Blizzard was talking I figured I'd be in the 1900s or some shit.

caesar

Banned
Iddqd went 2w 2d 6l and placed 4.4k

Also its clear the placements use hidden mmr because he was playing with other pros.

So it looks like in terms of priority,

1. Previous season performance.

2. Personal performance.

3. Win/loss ratio.

Blizzard also said the placing problem was too many in plat and gold, not masters so I guess it makes sense.

MUnited83

For you.
my placement matches were going too good to be true, so fate blessed me with a literal piece of shit mercy that threw the game on purpose by literally not healing anyone at all only shotting from across the map.

Trickster

Anyone having this same problem I am currently experiencing? Basically whenever I am tapped into OW, the game engine seems to drastically reduce framerate, however when i tab out of the game to my secondary monitor, i can see that the framerate in the game shoots back up to being butterysmooth.

Seriously have no idea what would be causing this, I was litterally having no such issue last night. And the only thing I've done between then and now is turning off the pc and then back on o_O

Edit - Now the issue is gone after restarting pc <_<

Nimby

Banned
Placed at 2492. I placed just above plat last season. 7w 3l

Also had the joy of having someone call me a useless cunt for solo-healing as Ana when they were a 3rd DPS

:)))))))

Placed 3325 or something...at least I don't have to grind to where I'll be all season I guess? ;p

From what I'm reading the game gives you a lot of SR in the first matches (I think Jeff Kaplan also mentioned this in one of those developer videos). You have a great chance to reach master with a few games.

Owzers

From what I'm reading the game gives you a lot of SR in the first matches (I think Jeff Kaplan also mentioned this in one of those developer videos). You have a great chance to reach master with a few games.
I tried some solo q....they asked me to play soldier on Hanamura defense.

We lost. I did okay for a bit though? You have no proof either way.

I tried some solo q....they asked me to play soldier on Hanamura defense.

We lost. I did okay for a bit though? You have no proof either way.

It was most likely your fault.

I saw that you were on and I was going to play a bit now, but since you are now off I'm just gonna play Inside instead. Not in the mood for soloq :\

Trickster

Just had my first game of OW where people communicated with voicechat...Still lost terribly because people ignored the pharah even after everyone was saying to take her out lol

MG310

Probably my worst night of games since season 1.

Went 4-4-2 in placements, lost 300 points from the end of last season after finally starting to climb out of the hole and went from gold to silver.

Ellite25

I went 5-5 and placed barely over 2000. I finished last season around 2400 :(

I started off poorly but then picked it up. Finished with around 23 eliminations to 10 deaths on average. Pretty disheartening tbh.

IceMarker

Just tried playing a placement match for comp and Blizzard servers shit the bed just as we were starting, caused me to be suspended for 5 minutes and counted as a match. LOL WUT

image.php

how/why do you have a Genji icon if you're not even level 20 yet lol

I switched over from ps4.
Im level 344 on that account with 80+ hours on Genji

Not sure what any of that has to do with what avatar i have lol
Not to mention i had this after for a while after the Dragons short came out

Just out of curiousity, what kind of difference have you noted after switching to pc? Does the game feel harder/easier, or are there clear differences in how often certain heroes are picked ?

Everythings faster
Where im at right now comps are the same i see on console
Doesnt really feel harder but im only lvl17 right now. The only real problem was getting used to mouse and keyboard but then its just muscle memory.
Widows are good enough to pick.

Its funny though in the match i just played some guy from the OTHER team was abusing OUR widow on chat. It was so weird saying stuff like ez pi zi. Widows useless and getting carried and stuff lol.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of difference have you noted after switching to pc? Does the game feel harder/easier, or are there clear differences in how often certain heroes are picked ?

I was just answering for someone else.

I've yet to play an actual match on PC as of now.

The "meta" is like character tier rankings in fighting games.

Unless your attending tournaments and playing professionally it generally doesn't apply to you. The only time these things matter is when the best of the best are playing.

I main Pharah and have fun. Fuck the meta

IKizzLE

These placements are a sham. Your win loss doesn't mean shit, its primarily based off of what you placed last season. Just met someone who placed 3700 and only won 1 of their placement matches. Welp...sucks for all those who tanked their SR on purpose at the end of the season lol.

zoukka

These placements are a sham. Your win loss doesn't mean shit, its primarily based off of what you placed last season. Just met someone who placed 3700 and only won 1 of their placement matches. Welp...sucks for all those who tanked their SR on purpose at the end of the season lol.

They deserve all the shit they get.

Top Bottom