• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Jellie

I really don't like the term "Nutyatta"
Forgot it was called Nutcracker. First thing that came into my head was Nuttyata for some reason T_T
They're both great

With Zen you can kill people with nuts, with tracer you get exclusive voice lines.
Yeah golden nuts sounds good
I personally think that Tracer has better skins compared to that Elf skin. I like it but it's not that special to me. I am actually not a fan of any Legendary skin for this event except for that Zenyatta skin. And Winston is nice too but i never use him.

I would say get Zenyatta skin.

Zen it is.

I personally think that Tracer has better skins compared to that Elf skin. I like it but it's not that special to me. I am actually not a fan of any Legendary skin for this event except for that Zenyatta skin. And Winston is nice too but i never use him.

I would say get Zenyatta skin.
Tracer only has one bad skin with Punk. She has a lot of great ones, you can't really go wrong with any.

rulerk1

What is up with these Widow players? They never get on point, have the slowest reflexes, and lash out aggressively when asked to change.

The ones that switch to her when an enemy one is killing us are the worst

KiraFA37

At the end of the event if I don't have Elf Tracer or Nuttyata what should I buy? I got Zens Ra skin already but prefer his Christmas to Tracers one and was eyeing up the T-Racer one.

I wanted to say Nutyatta with golden orbs because then you can say "eat my gold nuts" but I see you have already made the correct decision.

2458, Weekend Overwatch is hell.

Every in game chat had an investment discussion too. What the fuck.

Can someone explain to me why Pharah is the main make or break point for a pub game now?

Seems like most of my losses stem from a team that doesn't focus her and decides to blame the others for not focusing her.

caesar

Banned

Every in game chat had an investment discussion too. What the fuck.

Can someone explain to me why Pharah is the main make or break point for a pub game now?

Seems like most of my losses stem from a team that doesn't focus her and decides to blame the others for not focusing her.

You just answered your own question. No one can aim up at 2500.

-MD-

Can't even play this game solo with this MMR, got 6 pro players on the enemy team in every quick play room waiting in the shadows to 1-shot me.

Only way I can even remotely have fun is if I group up with a couple lower ranked players, then the game is an actual game again.

Can't even play this game solo with this MMR, got 6 pro players on the enemy team in every quick play room waiting in the shadows to 1-shot me.

Only way I can even remotely have fun is if I group up with a couple lower ranked players, then the game is an actual game again.
I've found that doing that only makes me go up against super high-level players with a team entirely unequipped to handle it.

Grisby

Woo thanks Blizz. Got X-Mas Mei, which was the last skin I wanted. Also got roadhog's xmas deal, which is cool because I've started using him more in 3v3 and don't have another skin besides some recolors of his original.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Grandmaster streams where the teams are using Torb/Sym cheese

and it's working. But I'm sure it's totally fine and definitely a hard working strategy that requires the effort put forth to counter is.

AbaFadi

Banned

and it's working. But I'm sure it's totally fine and definitely a hard working strategy that requires the effort put forth to counter is.

I ran into a few of them earlier today. The key is to go for a quick pick on either the symetra or torb. You don't want to give either of them time to charge ult or throw armor packs. It's really hard to cap the point once they get all that extra health.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, there are a lot of things keeping pharah out of the skies. I do agree that anymore buffs and she might be ridiculous.

Expect more zen if you ever see pharah buffed somehow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
did they buff pharah yet

Kinda.

And then they broke soldier so lol at pharah.

It seems all in on the first push. If the offense fails the sym/torb get settled and it looks like a giant pain in the ass to overcome.

Jellie

Miscalculated. Also poor Lucio :(
PI6JnMV.gif

Antiwhippy

Thing is right now if you're in a team that can't counter pharah she feels fucking unbearable to play against.

I can only do so much as ana. :(

I wish I knew myself. At least at Gold level Pharah is a total pubstomper if the team doesn't have a hitscan DPS that at least throws a few shots her way so she doesn't just hover and shower us with missles. I'm at the point now where I don't care if I'm solo healing, if the enemy Pharah is focusing me down and nobody will go after her after I ask, I'll go Solider/McCree and do it myself. I can't heal when I'm dead and spending all my time walking back to the objective anyway.

Edit: had a similar problem last night when on Lijang control center where I was healing but the enemy Solider just took the platform on the window side of the control point and shot at us the entire game. I called him out in voice chat (and everybody was in voice) but nobody would ever go after the guy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thing is right now if you're in a team that can't counter pharah she feels fucking unbearable to play against.

If there's a Pharah can do long distance RIP Soldier's effectiveness against her. thankfully that's situational

Antiwhippy

If there's a Pharah can do long distance RIP Soldier's effectiveness against her. thankfully that's situational

Nah it's not even that really, I can deal with that as ana honestly. It's ones that can do really good dives that feel impossible to play against if you don't have anyone on your team to counter her.

Of course that means she's got hard counters but man, I would go zen if someone is willing to go soldier to take her just so she can die faster.

Jellie

Yeah shoot her twice as Ana and she's already dropped down before you can finish her off. Gets annoying. Then again she is very satisfying to dart combo.
I knocked a Lucio off that map and he was trying to grind back over so I leaped to where he was and pushed him off

No mercy. He wouldn't have even gotten back in time to save the point.
Revenge for all the times he boops you just out of range.

Anne

Ana + Zen is honestly enough on its own to deal with Pharah. You can't use them to react to a dive though. Depending on what else is going on with the team comps, McCree is sometimes better than Soldier to deal with the dive too.

Reminder that Soldier honestly isn't outputting that much more than McCree in a lot of situations right now. People who are shocked by his current damage output probably just never ran into people with good aim, and Soldier requires a bit less to get good damage dumps in.

To put it into perspective, McCree can deal 840 a clip at max in about the same time as Soldier while having the instant reload CD. Soldier can max at 1k a clip with the extra 120 burst. So McCree is shorter of Soldier, but not by enough to make it so he can't also just instantly delete people he needs to kill. The other CD trade offs get interesting too, but ultimately I don't think McCree being down damage matters a lot unless you're running against teams that just have ridiculous health pools. Oh wait.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, that's my thing in regards to soldier that even with the buff to his damage the TTK for mccree is still faster just because burst works a lot better in a game with healing.

Anne

Dead Eye isn't a terrible ult though. It just requires a bit more set up. Do remember that they had to significantly nerf it, and it still makes huge plays soooooo

Top Bottom